EVGA

EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ispiliot
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2017/12/27 12:12:59 (permalink)
Same issues here as well. I had to do a system restore prior to the Windows update. I clicked on my wifi settings and made it metered so that the Windows update wouldn't download and update automatically.
soonpark86
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2017/12/27 20:54:34 (permalink)
hli362
ykryukov
Having the same issue with my new CS17. Got it few days ago. Also went to Best Buy and bought HP VR headset hoping to use it with my new fancy laptop.

Here is what happened:
  • Standard Windows updates were installed without issues. (although it a bit longer then I expected).
  • Got prompt to upgrade to Win10 Creators, so I can use HP VR headset.
  • Downloaded upgrade - started install.
  • Promoted reboot by Windows.
  • After first reboot @ 35% complete got grayed out screen.
  • Waited for hours, nothing happened.
  • Forced reboot - Windows recovers (goes back to previous version).
  • Im able to login and use it with no issues.
  • Tried upgrade multiple times - same result - gray screen and laptop is frozen.
  • Another non-issue is that laptop config has HDMI port on one side, and USB on another. HP headset cables do not stretch that long and I need to find extension cable to be able to plugin device.
  • Poor design on EVGA or HP side? You decide.

So my question to EVGA is: What is the solution for this issue (Win update)? Do we need to wait for Microsoft fix or EVGA has solution? Appreciate assistance!

Thanks
Yev

Hi Yev,

Go find a 8GB usb 3.0 drive, then download the windows install software from this link . Execute on your EVGA laptop and create a USB boot drive, plug it in, press F7 when you start the computer and do a clean installation. You windows 10 will activate itself if you don't change any hardware inside your computer. The installed version will be v1709 which is the creator update. 

I don't know why this happened or whom to blame, but I think it might be Microsoft's fault. Also, please update your bios to the newest one, the fan will be quieter. 

Hope it helps.

H Lee

your solution does not work, Artifact still show up on boot.
dylanduong1993
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2018/01/25 22:10:49 (permalink)
I have the exact same problem. OMG . i literally waited like 5 minutes for it to boot into window. and sometimes itll boot. sometiimes it wont. and i dont have patient to wait for it to boot into window. As much as i hate holding down power button to shut it down and turn it back on again. I have no choice. I have the same problem as you . Your screenshot is on point. I have the exact same problem but not sure how to describe it to customer support and they not gonna do anything about it. Seem like they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE. THEY ON THEIR SALARY. JUST CLOCK IN AND OUT. Absolutely no Fix for this problem. Let me know if users among us find a solution. I have tried to Factory reset my Laptop using USB. and format all my drives. let me tell you . it occurs less but STILL . I still have to hold down power button to shut it down sometimes. URGG!!!. Im very disappointed that i have spent so much money on this laptop and having to face this issues.
saadtariq30
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2018/01/26 10:43:09 (permalink)
dylanduong1993
I have the exact same problem. OMG . i literally waited like 5 minutes for it to boot into window. and sometimes itll boot. sometiimes it wont. and i dont have patient to wait for it to boot into window. As much as i hate holding down power button to shut it down and turn it back on again. I have no choice. I have the same problem as you . Your screenshot is on point. I have the exact same problem but not sure how to describe it to customer support and they not gonna do anything about it. Seem like they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE. THEY ON THEIR SALARY. JUST CLOCK IN AND OUT. Absolutely no Fix for this problem. Let me know if users among us find a solution. I have tried to Factory reset my Laptop using USB. and format all my drives. let me tell you . it occurs less but STILL . I still have to hold down power button to shut it down sometimes. URGG!!!. Im very disappointed that i have spent so much money on this laptop and having to face this issues.

Update to the latest available bios. That fixed all my issues. Also make sure to use default settings in the bios initially and see if that fixes your issues. 
ajiyengar
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2018/01/28 21:07:49 (permalink)
Disabling "fast startup" resolved the issue for me:

www . windowscentral . com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup
post edited by ajiyengar - 2018/01/28 21:11:11
Seramire93
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2018/12/14 10:23:16 (permalink)
Final update on my issue (artifacts on the screen):
-sent the laptop for repair
-got it back
-worked fine for a day
-artifacts appeared again
-overtime the screen started failing
-screen ended up failing completely. It was black all the time. I had to use an external monitor
-second RMA
-currently waiting for my replacement laptop

Tl;Dr
Issue was never solved. They sent a replacement.
_AlanT
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA CS17 GSYNC Laptop problem 2018/12/16 03:01:38 (permalink)
Updating to the latest BIOS for your laptop should now prevent issues like this from occurring, but definitely reach out to us at support@evga.com if that isn't the case.

Regards,
Alan
EVGA
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile