My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
JacobB
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2018/12/11 11:21:06 (permalink)
Gone Cruising
Very slick build! Nicely done!

Thank you! :)

wmmills
EVGATech_JacobB
Snuwfer
Put some waterblocks on them 1080 ti's!

No seriously, gorgeous build, I love it.

I also really appreciate the bends instead of 90's everywhere as well. +1 :) (wait where's the mods rigs page for this master piece?!)

I originally planned to put waterblocks on the cards, and then put a 360 radiator on the bottom, but with the new cards being announce, I am waiting for those. I would hate to purchase waterblocks, then move to two different cards and possibly have to redo the tubing as well.

I try to avoid 90 degree fittings anywhere I can. In the case of the singular 90 degree fitting, I could not have made a clean bend so I though it would not mess up the flow of how the tubing too much!
There is something calming about bending the tubing though rather than using fittings so I don't mind it much. This was my first time using PETG and not acrylic. Its way easier to use, but I personally prefer acrylic. I've been looking into using metal tubing as well as glass. Maybe down the line, I'll make a cheap, compact build and see what I can do with either of those.

I have not made a mods rigs page for this. Maybe, I'll look into making one! :)

Great job Jacob. Another Lian Li disciple rears his head, lol. Been seeing a lot of Lian Li's lately....I think they are making a comeback. Do the metal tubing first, its pretty fun and def not as nerve racking as glass plus you can do a lot more things with it. Its what you would say "forgiving".

I really liked the design of the case, additional to the fact I, in theory, would be able to fit 3x360 Radiators into it. Since my 7820X gets quite hot, and I have two 1080 Ti's I figured it would be a good idea.

Speaking of which, I have decided to stick to my normal routine of upgrading every other generation. I will be adding some waterblocks to these cards. I will update with some picture when I do so! :)

-Jacob B
d-loc
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2018/12/17 04:48:35 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB
d-loc
EVGATech_JacobB
It will be snug. The PowerLink adds about 25mm to the card which is going to be right on that edge of the max GPU height size. It may be JUST against the glass. I haven't personally tested it however. I was actually thinking about calling Lian Li to see how much leeway there was as I am trying to fit waterblocks on the GPUs, but they seem too tall. If I can fit the blocks, or the Power Link, I will update you via PM or a reply here!

-Jacob B.

The effort is much appreciated! Thank you!

Of course! :)

-Jacob B.

A little update on this. So, I couldn't wait and managed to find a 1080ti ftw3 sealed and bought the powerlink. Installed my current system in the lian-li 011 dynamic and unfortunately, it does not fit. I managed to put the side panel in, but had to force it way too much. Here's a pic that shows how much the powerlink sticks out.

post edited by d-loc - 2018/12/17 05:12:48

Attached Image(s)

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2018/12/17 05:24:11 (permalink)
Everytime I look at this build I want to try to emulate it..but I couldn't if I tried (I suck at this kind of stuff
since I've only ever cared about "functionality" ...).....I like the look of the Lian Li case, but I want a case with 5.25"
external bays.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2018/12/21 16:42:45 (permalink)
Looking good!

JacobB
SSC Member
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/04 10:42:22 (permalink)
transdogmifier
Everytime I look at this build I want to try to emulate it..but I couldn't if I tried (I suck at this kind of stuff
since I've only ever cared about "functionality" ...).....I like the look of the Lian Li case, but I want a case with 5.25"
external bays.

I had to go out and buy a pump / res combo because I can't find any good looking cases that support the drive bay. I had a pump / res drive bay combo and I loved it, but sadly could not include it into this build. It was actually not that difficult of a build, the more difficult part was putting it together due to the tight spaces. I actually, recently, re-did my waterloop into a Lian-Li Lancool One, so that I could  fit the EKWB blocks onto my cards. This was a gigantic pain that I am not fully happy with so I have not yet posted images of the update build, but my benchmark scores in my signature have been updated for this. I think sometime soon, I will re-bend the tubing and get some extra fittings, etc and then post some updated pictures! :)

seth89
Looking good!

Thank you!

-Jacob B.
jonathan_phang
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/10 00:22:17 (permalink)
Did you ever find a waterblock that would fit the 1080ti FTW3 with enough clearance, without having to resort to something like a vertical GPU mount? I can see you have 2 so thats not really an option anyway, but just wondering. I've just got the Razer edition on preorder so thinking through what to do. Probably just leaving the FTW3 on air for now (how are those temps btw) as I want to to just do the CPU first and then build in the GPU at a later date, but I know there are problems with clearance. Literally one more cm and there would be no problems at all with clearance, which is a shame. But it looks such a nice case to build in. Cant wait to get mine!

Great build though. Researching about WC as it would be my first attempt, so a lot to think about.
JP
JacobB
SSC Member
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/10 10:07:09 (permalink)
jonathan_phang
Did you ever find a waterblock that would fit the 1080ti FTW3 with enough clearance, without having to resort to something like a vertical GPU mount? I can see you have 2 so thats not really an option anyway, but just wondering. I've just got the Razer edition on preorder so thinking through what to do. Probably just leaving the FTW3 on air for now (how are those temps btw) as I want to to just do the CPU first and then build in the GPU at a later date, but I know there are problems with clearance. Literally one more cm and there would be no problems at all with clearance, which is a shame. But it looks such a nice case to build in. Cant wait to get mine!

Great build though. Researching about WC as it would be my first attempt, so a lot to think about.
JP

I did! The Barrow waterblocks will (Just barely) fit, but I was only able to get my hands on one RGB Block, so I ended up getting a new case and getting two EKWB blocks. I still have the Barrow one sitting around because I couldn't return it through Aliexpress. Kind of a pain really, but The Barrow Block will definitely work! :)

On air, the temps with one card are great. There is plenty of airflow in the case to accommodate the amount of heat that card can put off.

If you are looking to do the CPU first, and leaving the GPU on air for now, I highly recommend using the bottom for intake fans, and the top for exhaust. You can leave the back for that plexiglass waterblock / resevoir pump combo I've seen (I think by Bitspower) and that would likely be the best configuration. Fitting a full size pump and res in that case was a pain, so I had to spend a lot more time on it than I wanted. Let alone the FTW3 is a massive beast that barely left me room to mount that pump.

I want to see a good picture of that build! Make sure to come back and post! :)

-Jacob B.
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3939
  • Ribbons : 62
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/10 21:29:08 (permalink)
This is a lovely build more like a piece of art to, me, love the deep icy blue hues it gives too, thanks for sharing :)
And hey can't go wrong with Lian Li, I too have three systems that use Lian Li cases, so far they make the best cases for E-ATX setups, just love Lian Li's build quality, especially cases in the 300 to 500 EUR price range.
As Lian Li goes; I always loved their subtle case designs and as least most plastic is left out as well.
But I have to admit that I really love that icy blue hue your build has and also using the same blue led color with them EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Ultra's

Maybe an idea to post in the EVGA MODS RIGS List page, I'd be happily to add your system in the MR List that I made for Chrome M Dragon's thread, hwhich you can see here:
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/1588237

Just make a post in that thread and I hope to add ya soon
post edited by Gold Leader - 2019/03/18 15:28:43

JacobB
SSC Member
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/18 15:37:00 (permalink)
Gold Leader
Hmm seemed i made a double post, my bad, feel free to delete this one, I made an edit to the previous one

No worries! It actually is already on the ModsRigs page! :) I think the link to it is in my original post. Let me locate that.

Edit: here you go: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=40098

-Jacob B.
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3939
  • Ribbons : 62
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/03/18 16:23:16 (permalink)
And added as promised  :)
Lian Li was always my long time favorite after I used Addtronics in the late 1990's to around 2004

jonathan_phang
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/01 07:50:19 (permalink)
EVGATech_JacobB

I did! The Barrow waterblocks will (Just barely) fit, but I was only able to get my hands on one RGB Block, so I ended up getting a new case and getting two EKWB blocks. I still have the Barrow one sitting around because I couldn't return it through Aliexpress. Kind of a pain really, but The Barrow Block will definitely work! :)

Hey Jacob, just wondering what you have done to with that Barrow block - have you sold it on already? Also what case have you moved onto? Shame as that build was great. I've only just started building into mine (Division 2 has been getting in the way!) and have just done an initial transplant, its a nice case, but not started a water build yet. Am just looking for bits over time and when the time is right I'll get it started.

JP
JacobB
SSC Member
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/03 10:10:26 (permalink)
jonathan_phang
EVGATech_JacobB

Hey Jacob, just wondering what you have done to with that Barrow block - have you sold it on already? Also what case have you moved onto? Shame as that build was great. I've only just started building into mine (Division 2 has been getting in the way!) and have just done an initial transplant, its a nice case, but not started a water build yet. Am just looking for bits over time and when the time is right I'll get it started.

JP

Unfortunately, I did sell it about a month ago as I had no use for the block anymore. I ended up purchasing the Lian Li LanCool One. I also was disappointed to have to leave the case, but Eventually I will settle on a case I really like.

Once you get your build started, show us some pictures on the forums! :D

-Jacob B.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/03 10:37:05 (permalink)
You should buy MO-RA3 PRO Stainless Steal with 9 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans and grill and option for 9 more from other side, total 18 fans, and small Mini ITX Lian Li PC-Q37, radiator on one side of table PC case on other side, 2m long tubes and 40C on CPU and GPU inside case without single fans or radiator. With Quick Disconnect fittings to easier clean PC case.

Lian Li PC-O11 WX cost 195$ on Newegg... good price.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B4-013B-00035&Description=lian%20li%20pc-o9&cm_re=lian_li_pc-o9-_-1B4-013B-00035-_-Product

PC-O8 WX almost half price... I can't believe. 200$ discount. Why I didn't had such offer. 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFST8A98347&Description=lian%20li%20pc&cm_re=lian_li_pc-_-9SIAFST8A98347-_-Product
post edited by Vlada011 - 2019/05/03 10:49:31

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 430
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/11 13:42:54 (permalink)
Very nice build!
notfordman
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10345
  • Ribbons : 28
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/15 16:40:48 (permalink)
Great looking job, looks a bit futuristic in some shots. I like it a lot! Nice plumbing job. 
systemviper
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/15 18:40:42 (permalink)
Man you rocked that LL case, i just got one but yours is killer
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK | i7-7820X @4.78 GHz - 1.245v | 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @3866 MHz | Corsair AX1200i

plus you have a real nice workstation there also.
best of luck with the rig

svaaaaaa
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/20 17:21:06 (permalink)
+1 
JacobB
SSC Member
Re: My System Build - Lian Li Dynamic case. 2019/05/21 07:09:11 (permalink)
notfordman
Great looking job, looks a bit futuristic in some shots. I like it a lot! Nice plumbing job. 

Thank you! :) I spent A LOT of time on the tubing for the CPU specifically. I think I messed up that main, complicated, bend like 4 or 5 times. I could've used fittings to acheive the same thing, but I prefer having the bend in the tubing rather than going the easy route (I guess I like to make things harder on myself).

systemviper
Man you rocked that LL case, i just got one but yours is killer
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK | i7-7820X @4.78 GHz - 1.245v | 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @3866 MHz | Corsair AX1200i

plus you have a real nice workstation there also.
best of luck with the rig

Thank you very much! I actually has switched to a Lian Li Lancool One as of now due to the extra size needed for the watercooling of my graphics cards. The EKWB blocks would  not fit in the O11 Dynamic. I am however waiting for the O11 Dynamic XL case that I believe should be releasing in June. Once this releases, I will likely re-build the system into that case and finally be done buying cases :D (I have bought like 5 this past year).

-Jacob B.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile