EVGA

Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work

Author
HornlessUnicorn
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/25 17:18:05 (permalink)
I'm about to buy a 1080ti FTW3 from someone off of Craigslist in a day or two. The product has a 3 year warranty applied, but the owner has not confirmed at what date the product was shipped. Whether or not it was shipped before or after May 25th, I still want to collect a proof of purchase. As I am buying the product from Craigslist and am meeting the seller in person with cash, I was wondering if anyone had a clarification on what would qualify as proof of purchase (I already emailed customer support, but I'm unsure if they will answer me in time). To have the warranty applied to me as a second-hand owner, would I upload my new proof of purchase along with the serial and product number for my registration?

I'm not the most experienced with buying used parts, and haven't used EVGA before. I feel dumb for having to ask, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks.

6 Replies Related Threads

JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/25 17:30:48 (permalink)
    Hello,

You can use this template: Written receipt template (Direct link to template: https://www.vertex42.com/Files/download2/pdf.php?file=cash-receipt-form.pdf)
    This would suffice for an invoice for the secondhand purchase. Alternatively, you can use PayPal, and upload a copy of the transaction! We just need to see proof of the purchase of the card. You can always contact us with the serial number to look into the warranty information for the unit. Our support line is: 1.888.881.3842

-Jacob B.
    post edited by EVGATech_JacobB - 2018/11/25 17:34:50
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/25 17:42:06 (permalink)
    Inspect the card very carefully for: (use a flashlight if lighting is poor where your going to meet)

* make sure the EVGA serial number sticker is intact
    Reasons to possibly just walk away from the deal - issues Not covered by Warranty
    1) Any physical damage
    2) strong smells, like Cigarette smoke
    3) discoloration, possible water damage ...

Without a sellers reputation like Heatware or even Ebay to at least evaluate the seller -- it is buyer beware ....

I'd still like to see an expensive GPU run before purchase ....

Read & understand the Warranty Terms   https://www.evga.com/warranty/

North America & Graphic Card:    https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

(excerpt)

Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HornlessUnicorn
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/25 19:10:37 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Inspect the card very carefully for: (use a flashlight if lighting is poor where your going to meet)

* make sure the EVGA serial number sticker is intact
    Reasons to possibly just walk away from the deal - issues Not covered by Warranty
    1) Any physical damage
    2) strong smells, like Cigarette smoke
    3) discoloration, possible water damage ...

Without a sellers reputation like Heatware or even Ebay to at least evaluate the seller -- it is buyer beware ....

I'd still like to see an expensive GPU run before purchase ....

Read & understand the Warranty Terms  

North America & Graphic Card:   

(excerpt)

Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

I'm going to check it for physical damage, for sure- but I don't really know how I could check the GPU since we both live an hour away from each other and going to someone's house directly seems kinda like a sketch idea.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/25 19:58:35 (permalink)
    Understood

Any PC shops where you could meet & test ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HornlessUnicorn
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/25 20:25:44 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Understood

Any PC shops where you could meet & test ?

Not sure, seems like a good idea though. I'll check tomorrow if any pc shops in the area will let me check~
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Questions on Second-Hand Purchases Work 2018/11/26 13:14:14 (permalink)
    Hopefully everything goes well! :)

-Jacob B.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile