EVGA

2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"?

Author
Nalph
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/20 12:13:23 (permalink)
So, I'm kind of bringing this up in an actual thread now because I assumed it was normal, But the more I look at it, The more I have to ask. I apologize in advance if this is simply the way it's designed which i'm hoping and guessing.

I received my card nearly 1 month ago now, and I had already noticed the slightly "arched" PCB. I assume this is normal given the small metal looking "risers" on the left and right side of the PCB along with the ones in the middle.

I can't say this is very much GPU sag though, The entire card is not sagging that much to the right. (I know it can look far worse in photos because i can't get a perfect straight shot, sorry) + it's always had this shape. I'm using a anti-sag bracket that came with the phanteks Evolv X and it's actually PRETTY aligned despite the photo. Considering there is no support under the card. (I even checked it with a level because i was suprised as to how well that addon bracket worked) Pushing up on the card very carefully does nothing to improve this, because it's not the entire card. just the PCB gap to the heat sink.

It's JUST the PCB that is in that very slight "arched" position

Again, I'm assuming this was intended because the PCB is closer to the heat sink on the left and the right. vs the middle.

Photo of what I'm talking about with perfectly straight guidelines. (And a slightly arched guide-line)

https://imgur.com/a/4IpaOIo (Sorry for the bad angle, But remember we're looking at the gap between the pcb and the heat-sink on the left and right side.)

It's hard to get a good picture of, but in person the physical PCB is closer to the heat-sink on the right side and left side. I could take a gap meter later on to prove the difference is from the pcb to the heat-sink just under it. The Left and right side are closest to the heat-sink and the middle is the farthest point.

(It's always been like this for me so i assumed it's just designed to have the very slight flex from those metal risers.) I just wanted to ask if anyone else with a FTW 3 noticed this. or does now. Specifically again, the left gap from the heat sink to the pcb. and the right side gap from the heat sink to the pcb. (The middle is the farthest from the heat sink)

So anyone else notice this on their 2080ti ftw3? 

5 Replies Related Threads

tomsinclair
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: 2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"? 2018/11/20 16:27:09 (permalink)
    I’m not sure if it helps as I don’t know whether it should actually be like this or not... but my 2080 (non Ti) FTW3 has this exact same slight “bend” in the PCB/backplate that definitely isn’t GPU sag!

I couldn’t tell if it was a fault with the card or just the design as I couldn’t find any other posts complaining/discussions it until yours!
    TheMadDutchDude
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 212
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"? 2018/11/20 16:29:48 (permalink)
    It’s normal. PCB flex happens when you mount a cooler in a certain way. PCB is slightly flexible, and doesn’t pose any risk to the components. No need to worry. :)
    tomsinclair
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: 2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"? 2018/11/20 16:31:32 (permalink)
    TheMadDutchDude
    It’s normal. PCB flex happens when you mount a cooler in a certain way. PCB is slightly flexible, and doesn’t pose any risk to the components. No need to worry. :)

This was exactly my thought! Especially with such a large cooler on the FTW3 cards it doesn’t surprise me there is some slight flex
    Nalph
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: 2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"? 2018/11/20 17:20:08 (permalink)
    TheMadDutchDude

Yeah I figured the same, thought maybe it was  something to do with the over-sized cooler hahaha. Cause I think even the dual fan ones are pretty "straight" but yeah, I just wanted to make sure :P thanks for the response!
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: 2080ti FTW 3 PCB "Bend"? 2018/11/21 14:51:25 (permalink)
    Yup, no need to worry gents.  It's normal especially with a massive cooler on it.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile