EVGA

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 SC does not turn on, Help!

Author
molcys
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/13 09:02:57 (permalink)
My GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC SC2 graphics card was working normally, there was a light outage and when I tried to turn it back on, it didn't start. When I start the pc the card tries to start, the fans turn on but turn off in seconds.
A friend checked it and told me that apparently a chip related to the fans is damaged and that the card is turned off as a protection mechanism. It tells me that I should replace that part with a new one. The rest of the card is intact and without any problem.
I would like to know if anyone knows this flaw and what I recommend to do, I do not want to lose my chart and I would like to know if I can fix it and where I recommend to do it.
Thanks for the help.

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 SC does not turn on, Help! 2018/11/13 09:40:37 (permalink)
    It's possible the OCP protections might have been triggered due to the power outage, but it's tough to say if the actual fan controller was damaged unless you can physically see damage to the PCB. Are you able to test the card in another system or with a different power supply at all? If you are unable to, have you tried to reset your motherboard BIOS? You can do this by unplugging your system from the AC outlet and then removing the small silver battery from your motherboard. If you let it sit for about 15-20 minutes that should be sufficient to rest the BIOS. A couple times, I have had to reset my BIOS after a power outage to get my system to work normally again.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    molcys
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 SC does not turn on, Help! 2018/11/13 09:45:57 (permalink)
    Yes, you can see a small problem of the chip on the card board, as if it was damaged. Although I don't know much about that, but I guess it must be.
    EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 SC does not turn on, Help! 2018/11/13 10:58:23 (permalink)
    I have sent you an e-mail to follow up on the issue. Please check your e-mail inbox and I will be happy to assist further.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile