EVGA

Helpful Reply2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 80
Author
camelguy
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:28:55 (permalink)
People seem to be completely missing the point. IT IS NOT THE WAIT.  It is the lack of communication.  Yes, Jacob has provided a few updates.  Unfortunately they lack any type of substance and so far have all turned out to be inaccurate.

Underpromise and Overdeliver is technique commonly used in this situation.  If you are unsure, provide a date further out, so that you don't repeatedly miss due or in this case "ship" dates.  This also means that if you provide it sooner to the customer, it's as if you gave them better service than originally agreed upon.

This combined with charging up front has created a disaster.  I get that there are other reasons why EVGA would charge up front other than being greedy, but they should realize that when you take money up front like this, people are going to expect to know exactly what is going on.

You can sit here and tell people not to be upset all day if you like, but it still won't change the simple fact, they are upset.  It is really more for EVGA and less for other people on this forum.  Honestly if you are fine waiting, and don't like reading complaints, I'm not completely sure why you are a part of this thread.
Pizzownt
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:37:05 (permalink)
camelguy
People seem to be completely missing the point. IT IS NOT THE WAIT.  It is the lack of communication.  Yes, Jacob has provided a few updates.  Unfortunately they lack any type of substance and so far have all turned out to be inaccurate.

Underpromise and Overdeliver is technique commonly used in this situation.  If you are unsure, provide a date further out, so that you don't repeatedly miss due or in this case "ship" dates.  This also means that if you provide it sooner to the customer, it's as if you gave them better service than originally agreed upon.

This combined with charging up front has created a disaster.  I get that there are other reasons why EVGA would charge up front other than being greedy, but they should realize that when you take money up front like this, people are going to expect to know exactly what is going on.

You can sit here and tell people not to be upset all day if you like, but it still won't change the simple fact, they are upset.  It is really more for EVGA and less for other people on this forum.  Honestly if you are fine waiting, and don't like reading complaints, I'm not completely sure why you are a part of this thread.

Because this a order status monitor thread, not a complain and vent thread.  Make a separate thread for that, and pitchfork all day.  No one will throw stones, keep this thread for updates when people get cards, and Jacobs updates.  Not a hard concept.

aldur80
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 280
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:40:08 (permalink)
brianrubin
aldur80
but the level of frustration and frenzy that some people are showing is over the top.

You must be new to the Internet! Welcome! ;)

I'm not new, but you're right, I need to lower my expectations :D

PizzowntBecause this a order status monitor thread, not a complain and vent thread.  Make a separate thread for that, and pitchfork all day.  No one will throw stones, keep this thread for updates when people get cards, and Jacobs updates.  Not a hard concept.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to have to read through a 100 salty posts to find information about order statuses.
camelguy
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:41:33 (permalink)
Pizzownt
camelguy

Because this a order status monitor thread, not a complain and vent thread.  Make a separate thread for that, and pitchfork all day.  No one will throw stones, keep this thread for updates when people get cards, and Jacobs updates.  Not a hard concept.

I guess I'll just disagree with you and let the mods decide what can and can't be posted in this thread.

camelguy
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:43:22 (permalink)
aldur80
brianrubin
aldur80
but the level of frustration and frenzy that some people are showing is over the top.

You must be new to the Internet! Welcome! ;)

I'm not new, but you're right, I need to lower my expectations :D

PizzowntBecause this a order status monitor thread, not a complain and vent thread.  Make a separate thread for that, and pitchfork all day.  No one will throw stones, keep this thread for updates when people get cards, and Jacobs updates.  Not a hard concept.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to have to read through a 100 salty posts to find information about order statuses.

LOL, so its our fault for posting in a public forum.  Definitely isn't EVGA's fault for failing to create an official thread, or emailing their customers directly.
TahoeDust
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 330
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:44:42 (permalink)
Pizzownt

If this thread only had posts from Jacob and when people got cards, it would still be on page one.
SimpleSpacer
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:48:03 (permalink)
I’ll just say that while we’re here complaining on the lack of communication from EVGA (daily updates to this thread for at least the past few days, even if light on details) I had a cards ordered from Best Buy, then from Amazon. Their communication consisted of a status page saying in effect “We don’t know” and when you would call them up they would say “the system says ‘We don’t know’”. So while it still kinda sucks, it could be worse.
streetglide420
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 246
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:48:30 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Update:

Remaining QTY will be shipping on Wednesday or Thursday, but obviously we are trying to get in sooner. Will continue to provide updates.

What happened?

and what can be done to prevent my card shipping and arriving while im out of town?? I called customer service, and escalated to a supervisor, and they said they dont have any information available, and dont even know if they are able to HOLD MY SHIPMENT until i return from vacation.  This would result in my card surly getting stolen, if it is delivered while im out of the state.
streetglide420
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 13:57:51 (permalink)
SimpleSpacer
Maybe it has something to do with weather.  I ordered a Z390 FTW motherboard from them that shipped on Monday and was due here today.  UPS says it was delayed due to severe weather (CA -> TX)  If they're waiting on some component shipment from a supplier it could have been delayed as well.  Of course if that's the case they should just say so.

@simplespacer
I ordered my FTW z390 MOBO on monday night, with two day shipping. It shows it was delivered today. Im in Virginia.  I look forward to checking it out.
toncij
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 213
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 14:05:47 (permalink)
People need to calm down, yes. But that "anger" is an unfortunate form of emotional response to being handled like a European. :)
Just coined the term, thx. :P (j/k).

On a more serious note, yes, a much more professional approach would be to be frank and specific. Replies with *reasons* for delays would help. Replies with *actual* information would also help. We all already know it's being delayed again, no need to state the obvious. Also, when something is getting shipped "on Wednesday/Thursday", it's helpful to mention that it includes US only. Using "most of the preorders" to be smart about leaving headroom to send 1% or 100% of the pre-orders is not really nice when it's an Nth time pulling a "next week".

Especially after those orders are simply being randomly fulfilled, since order date and time mean nothing when shipping (for example, someone here ordered on 9/11/2018 3:25:00 PM - shipped and arrived on Monday. My order from 9/11/2018 2:48:02 PM, meaning earlier one, (same region (EU), same hour) got "nextweeked" again (after the initial 10/10, 10/17, 10/18 promise). Not even a "sorry, will be on X" for an earlier order. That simply eroded my trust they actually control the situation or even know how many pre-orders and incoming chips/cards they have and is making all those "all fulfilled/most shipped" choices of words vague at best.

You can't contact them as a business. There are no B2B emails. You can't order the card anywhere but from the web shop. The communication is great on phone, but they give 0 info keeping us in dark. Some of use work in the archviz/game industry, have clients, demo features to develop and showcase on new hardware, we chose EVGA for multiple cards, private purchase (since EVGA doesn't sell B2B) and none of us got any. First XC skips multiple times (so we cancelled), then FTW3s too. I cancelled mine today after it became obvious that neither purchase order nor expected days mean anything. Then we get YouTube videos of reviewers happily having fun for marketing, while thousands of euros collect interest monthly on EVGA's bank account.

I trust EVGA does their best to deliver, I still consider the company to be at the top of their game, but handling issues like this....

I suggest starting with the webshop & stock linked, developed by someone competent.
The move to "Sorry dear customers. Chip shipments got delayed for us, our production line is clogged, truck got hit by a train, DHL lost our cards, our dogs ate our icx2 vents..." or something anything of more substance than "oops, we did it again".
post edited by toncij - 2018/10/18 14:08:08
ehysell
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 14:52:59 (permalink)
I haven't posted yet but this is definitely getting old. Hell I ordered on 9/7 at 7PM central 5PM pacific and still nothing. Sure had no delay in taking our money. 
streetglide420
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 14:55:06 (permalink)
ehysell
I haven't posted yet but this is definitely getting old. Hell I ordered on 9/7 at 7PM central 5PM pacific and still nothing. Sure had no delay in taking our money. 

They'll be happy to give it back
robmp11
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 14:55:32 (permalink)
And no they do not have to give you a reason, because you are a consumer bc,  you took my money so i'm entitled to a freaking answer to where the product is I bought and payed for and you haven't shipped.

TahoeDust
iCX Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 14:59:16 (permalink)
At least B&H hasn't taken my money yet...
ehysell
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:07:36 (permalink)
streetglide420
ehysell

Hate to break it to you but as customers we can be mad about how lousy this has gone. You sound like a company fanboy. This has been beyond ridiculous and I have pre-ordered from them before.
streetglide420
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:15:36 (permalink)
ehysell
streetglide420
ehysell

Hate to break it to you but as customers we can be mad about how lousy this has gone. You sound like a company fanboy. This has been beyond ridiculous and I have pre-ordered from them before.

Believe me, im frustrated too. But im not frustrated that I dont have my card yet, Im frustrated because theres a possibility that my card will be shipped and delivered when I am not home. Im also frustrated that when you ask whats going on, all they can do is tell you "we have no information at this time"
Ive had several phone calls with customer service, some were productive, some not so much.

I will keep the contents of my phone conversations with them private, however I can promise you that im still a bit upset over the level of communication, and repeated let downs with delays.

I want to cancel my order out of principal, but realize that this only penalizes me. Ive waited almost 7 weeks, I can wait another. There are people that would love to jump in my place if i canceled, so sadly, evga isnt really going to feel too much of a blow are they?

My comment that they'll be happy to give your money back rings true, because when ive brought up cancelling my order, they didnt hesitate to ask me to process the cancellation. Didnt even try to stop me. LOL thats what my comment is about.

toncij
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 213
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:33:43 (permalink)
It's not about penalizing anyone [here],  fanboys or hate. There should be no place for emotions. It's simply a business discussion and a business transaction. EVGA must refund and must cancel, also it serves them to do as a customer demands. That's what good companies do and EVGA is a fantastic company.

I personally cancelled  ~3k€ now. I'm sure there is not enough cards for all orders anyway (no matter what's being said) so that one will easily find home, just like the previous one will. In the long run it's change money.

It's just that - hopefully - it can push EVGA to learn to do communication in a bit more substantial way. See you at Kingpin RTX. Maybe. If, by that time, 7nm series is not taped out, which might very well happen at this pace. I'm still sure nVidia is holding back their horses not to overproduce Turings like they did with Pascal, which resulted in a hard hit for AIBs like EVGA. 

I hope it'll hit nVidia at some point, though. Most of the money goes to them so the blow is there.
bladeofblue
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:34:50 (permalink)
Real talk:

I want my toy I bought awhile ago and don't like how long it's taking, but will not be cancelling since I think it's a good toy .
TahoeDust
iCX Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:39:29 (permalink)
bladeofblue
Real talk:

I want my toy I bought awhile ago and don't like how long it's taking, but will not be cancelling since I think it's a good toy .

That pretty much sums it up.
jevers31
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:45:59 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Update:

Unfortunately we will need to move the shipping one more day. Most of the remaining preorders will ship tomorrow, 10/19. The rest will ship early next week.

Thanks for the info Jacob, sorry everyones killing the messenger. Frustration is to be expected, keep it up with the frequent updates. Really appreciated on this end.
robmp11
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 15:57:51 (permalink)
jevers31
EVGA_JacobF
Update:

Unfortunately we will need to move the shipping one more day. Most of the remaining preorders will ship tomorrow, 10/19. The rest will ship early next week.

Thanks for the info Jacob, sorry everyones killing the messenger. Frustration is to be expected, keep it up with the frequent updates. Really appreciated on this end.

Lol the messenger has been blowing smoke @ us all week totally poo.

jevers31
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 16:12:51 (permalink)
robmp11
jevers31
EVGA_JacobF
Update:

I highly doubt he gets straight answers as well, at least he's willing to get on here and give the bad news, a lesser man would just not touch this thread again.
ickna11
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 16:18:36 (permalink)
I'd like to know the issue and if it's something we should be concerned about. Delay after delay is odd.
Pizzownt
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 16:28:01 (permalink)
robmp11
And no they do not have to give you a reason, because you are a consumer bc,  you took my money so i'm entitled to a freaking answer to where the product is I bought and payed for and you haven't shipped.

Grow up
robmp11
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 16:35:44 (permalink)
Pizzownt
robmp11

Grow up

I have choice words for you but wont go there you troll as you probably didn't even pre-order as you have 5 post comming here telling people who spent big bucks to go get bent and suck it up get lost.

brett36w
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 16:35:57 (permalink)
Got the in stock message for the  11G-P4-2382-KR, 11GB model.   Was home checking Email as I got the message, was able to place the order and it processed. First CC failed so i was frantic getting my other cc info.. Not gonna wait for the step-up program. will just sell off my 1080 ti and use that towards this card. 
Pizzownt
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 17:10:26 (permalink)
robmp11
Pizzownt
robmp11

Grow up

I have choice words for you but wont go there you troll as you probably didn't even pre-order as you have 5 post comming here telling people who spent big bucks to go get bent and suck it up get lost.

Refer to my previous statement.
Pirep
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 17:29:33 (permalink)
robmp11
jevers31
EVGA_JacobF
Update:

Once we get that update tomorrow saying "lol jk guys, it's shipping Monday now sorry for the delay" we will come to a complete circle.

Set the bar even lower just like the expectations every day.
TahoeDust
iCX Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 17:52:35 (permalink)
I wonder if my 9900k will ship on time tomorrow?  That would be refreshing.
streetglide420
Superclocked Member
Re: 2080 ti ftw3 ultra order status monitor thread 2018/10/18 17:57:42 (permalink)
TahoeDust
I wonder if my 9900k will ship on time tomorrow?  That would be refreshing.

That would be amazing! I plan to have one to drop in my new FTWz390 board this fall. Looks like they run super hot though.
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 80
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile