EVGA

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds local file bing corrupted upon launch?

Author
D3SOL4TE
  • Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/10/07 13:47:17 (permalink)
I don't know if anyone here can shed any light on this problem as I haven't had any luck elsewhere.

I recently bought PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds but have a problem with one of the games files seemingly getting corrupted every time I launch the game. I don't receive any kind of error message but it will lead to the came repeatedly crashing after about an hour of play.

If I launch the game then quit once at the main menu then go on Steam and "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." one file will fail and be redownloaded but if I then do the same again of launch game, quit game, "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." one file will again fail, be redownloaded and I can repeat this process indefinitely.

It could very well be a bug with the game itself in which case I'll have to hope it gets fixed in the next patch 

Intel Core i7 8700K
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate FireCuda 3.5" SSHD 2TB

1 Reply Related Threads

_AlanT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 226
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds local file bing corrupted upon launch? 2018/10/30 23:18:41 (permalink)
    Not sure if you're still having this issue but I play fairly regularly and have not experienced this. Possibly a drive issue if you've uninstalled/reinstalled Steam and PUBG already.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile