So who canceled their pre-order?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 08:01:00 (permalink)
Yes, TAA. It’s terrible. I little ruins the image and makes everything fuzzy. Turn it off and stop using it as a comparison of what makes the scene look better, as TAA makes it look worse.

I couldn’t remember if it was TAA or TXAA. Either way, it is crap and ruining the image while impacting performance.

Dlss is shown to lower the resolution then upscale the image. Of course your 4k image is going to render faster when it is actually rendering at 1440p rather than 4k.
Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 08:11:53 (permalink)
Black6spdZ
Don't be surprised if that voltage unlock also trips an efuse.. Super cheap RPis do it to invalidate warranties

funny , when I first seen that  ''safety fuse''  advertised  here on evga cards   I questioned  whats the real deal on that .   not like we ever needed that on cards before  , but you do bring up a real use of it now  and how it can be its intended  use today  . also like you say adds a new warrantee void clause / protection from a lot of RMA claims [opinion] 

like I like to joke'' today you build computers to fit ''there '' needs not yours  ''  then top it all off with a windows 10 only or it don't fully work  [or if at all ]  ...lol....  
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 08:19:52 (permalink)
Dr.Death
Black6spdZ
Don't be surprised if that voltage unlock also trips an efuse.. Super cheap RPis do it to invalidate warranties

funny , when I first seen that  ''safety fuse''  advertised  here on evga cards   I questioned  whats the real deal on that .   not like we ever needed that on cards before  , but you do bring up a real use of it now  and how it can be its intended  use today  . also like you say adds a new warrantee void clause / protection from a lot of RMA claims [opinion] 

like I like to joke'' today you build computers to fit ''there '' needs not yours  ''  then top it all off with a windows 10 only or it don't fully work  [or if at all ]  ...lol....  

The Der8auer video I shared in the computer industry forum shows that voltage doesn’t help or scale on these cards at all, even under subzero temps, and he volt modded the card further than any normal user.

Users on Air and water will see no help from any volt mod, but shunt modding helped a little.
redleader00
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 906
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 09:04:59 (permalink)
I wonder if you can use Raytracing and DLSS at the same time to get a 2K raytraced image without killing the fps output.
post edited by redleader00 - 2018/09/24 09:08:19

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 09:22:30 (permalink)
redleader00
I wonder if you can use Raytracing and DLSS at the same time to get a 2K raytraced image without killing the fps output.

If it supports both, it should run both, if I am not mistaken. The list that supports both seems small for now, but I am sure it will grow soon.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 10:24:33 (permalink)
I do like the fact of the offset work to other specialized cores of the GPU instead of the general GPU being overloaded, negatively impacting FPS.

I could see this being the design of the future where they'll just add more Cuda, RT cores, etc. to increase performance.  I think the whole AI part has me intrigued as well.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
redleader00
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 906
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/24 14:05:06 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
redleader00

If it supports both, it should run both, if I am not mistaken. The list that supports both seems small for now, but I am sure it will grow soon.

I think it will work too, what I am not sure about is if there are enough tensor cores to do it all at the same time fast enough to keep an acceptable frame rate.

RivAngE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 118
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 00:36:30 (permalink)
redleader00
the_Scarlet_one
redleader00

I think it will work too, what I am not sure about is if there are enough tensor cores to do it all at the same time fast enough to keep an acceptable frame rate.

Don't confuse Tensor Cores with RT (Ray Tracing) Cores. A game that supports both DLSS and Ray Tracing will take full advantage of the new cards...
The Tensor Cores will run the DLSS increasing performance, the RT Cores will add lighting fidelity, the GPU will do the rest of the work as usual.

I remember reading that Nvidia is thinking of more ways to possible make use of Tensor Cores... for example for enemy AI management, speech synthesis, voice recognition, material/art enhancement, cheat detection, and character animation are all areas where AI is already in use.

From what I know since I'm interested in AI a long time now, Nvidia has built a huge database of data through their deep learning platforms and that data can be used to teach autonomous driving, image quality upscaling (like DLSS) and as long as they have enough data all the previously mentioned uses. I believe Nvidia put that price on their cards having in mind the endless future possibilities. If you want the card but cancel your preorder because you hope the price will drop, you're risking it. After they keep adding features there'll be hardly any stock available and the price will either stay the same or resellers will benefit on the low stock.
TheParagonHero
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 246
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 06:37:17 (permalink)
Thanks, RivAngE. Finally someone else understand that DLSS is the tip of the iceberg, that is the endless possibilities of Tensor cores and their ability to use Artificial Intelligence to change we game for the better.

Not only that, those Quadro RTX cards, with their huge abundance of tensor cores are actually going to lead to huge advancements in the medical fields and save lives. One again, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't quite remember the reception to CUDA cores, when they were first announced, but I am sure people doubted them too. They weren't a one trick pony, and Tensor cores aren't either. They are going to advance us a lot further.

The way I look at it, if your card is using AI and Deep Learning to improve functionality, our cards will now have some sort of hyper-advanced muscle memory that'll continue to improve with age. These cards are at their infancy stage. Things can only get better with age. Does that blow your mind!?

ASUS ROG Maximus VII HERO - Intel Core i7 4790k /w Corsair Hydro H105
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133MHz - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Black Edition

striker890
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 07:18:10 (permalink)
RivAngE
Don't confuse Tensor Cores with RT (Ray Tracing) Cores. A game that supports both DLSS and Ray Tracing will take full advantage of the new cards...
The Tensor Cores will run the DLSS increasing performance, the RT Cores will add lighting fidelity, the GPU will do the rest of the work as usual.

Though Tensor Cores are used for denoising in Ray Tracing. So we have to wait, yet again, for benchmarks...
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 07:32:13 (permalink)
TheParagonHero
Thanks, RivAngE. Finally someone else understand that DLSS is the tip of the iceberg, that is the endless possibilities of Tensor cores and their ability to use Artificial Intelligence to change we game for the better.

Not only that, those Quadro RTX cards, with their huge abundance of tensor cores are actually going to lead to huge advancements in the medical fields and save lives. One again, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't quite remember the reception to CUDA cores, when they were first announced, but I am sure people doubted them too. They weren't a one trick pony, and Tensor cores aren't either. They are going to advance us a lot further.

The way I look at it, if your card is using AI and Deep Learning to improve functionality, our cards will now have some sort of hyper-advanced muscle memory that'll continue to improve with age. These cards are at their infancy stage. Things can only get better with age. Does that blow your mind!?

Mentioning Quadro and Tensor cores, how much do you think will be locked behind professional drivers?

My guess, tons of features will be locked out. The gaming drivers won’t provide the same performance as the Quadro by far.
TheParagonHero
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 246
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 08:12:37 (permalink)
I am assuming a lot will be locked behind professional drivers, with only gaming features being delivered to GeForce cards, but as far as gaming goes, I am positive we'll benefit greatly. Not right now, of course, since those cores are sitting untapped as we wait for DirectX updates and general game implementation, but the future looks exponentially brighter than the present.

We should really start a thread theorizing the potential advantages of tensor cores in both gaming and professional spaces. RT cores are cool and all, but right now, the real sleeper powerhouse are those Tensor cores.

ASUS ROG Maximus VII HERO - Intel Core i7 4790k /w Corsair Hydro H105
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133MHz - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Black Edition

striker890
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 09:23:40 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
TheParagonHero

Mentioning Quadro and Tensor cores, how much do you think will be locked behind professional drivers?

My guess, tons of features will be locked out. The gaming drivers won’t provide the same performance as the Quadro by far.

TheParagonHero
I am assuming a lot will be locked behind professional drivers, with only gaming features being delivered to GeForce cards, but as far as gaming goes, I am positive we'll benefit greatly. Not right now, of course, since those cores are sitting untapped as we wait for DirectX updates and general game implementation, but the future looks exponentially brighter than the present.

We should really start a thread theorizing the potential advantages of tensor cores in both gaming and professional spaces. RT cores are cool and all, but right now, the real sleeper powerhouse are those Tensor cores.

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit/whatsnew

Tensor Cores are not locked down or something. You can use them with the CUDA 10 API. So most likely this cards are also entry level for professionals.
KLEYBA
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 936
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/25 20:55:35 (permalink)
great time to buy a 1080 Ti.  used are going for 475 - 580  I just picked a strix oc ti for 460!!!!!!!!
ThrashZone
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/26 04:34:41 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Dr.Death
Black6spdZ

The Der8auer video I shared in the computer industry forum shows that voltage doesn’t help or scale on these cards at all, even under subzero temps, and he volt modded the card further than any normal user.

Users on Air and water will see no help from any volt mod, but shunt modding helped a little.

Hi,
Yeah helped add another 150w to it's draw
I saw nearly 400w soaked up

I decided on the resistor shunt mod instead of LM.

My first build,
Case 450D/ ASUS Sabertooth X99/ 5930k with EK mono block / Water loop EK 280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump res combo before rads and D5 top after / Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb/ EVGA 1000 P2/ EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with EK copper water block.

2nd build,
Case D450/ ASUS x299 Prime Deluxe/ i9-7900x delidded with EK mono block/ Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8gb/ Water loop EK-280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump-res combo before rads and D5 top after/ EVGA 1200 P2 / Titan Xp with EK water block.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/26 04:44:32 (permalink)
ThrashZone
Hi,

With power balancing on the pcb, it was said that more than likely the power didn’t actually go to 400w, but balanced from the pci slot to the 8 pin, since the power balance features registered that the 8pin wasn’t providing sufficient power where it should have been.

That would explain why the performance didn’t change all that much.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/09/26 04:53:09
ThrashZone
Superclocked Member
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/26 05:06:18 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
ThrashZone
Hi,

With power balancing on the pcb, it was said that more than likely the power didn’t actually go to 400w, but balanced from the pci slot to the 8 pin, since the power balance features registered that the 8pin wasn’t providing sufficient power where it should have been.

That would explain why the performance didn’t change all that much.

Hi,
Yeah I shouldn't be all that surprised at the power draw really
I've seen my 1080ti ftw3 use 320w
But yeah that was a crazy man at work lol

My first build,
Case 450D/ ASUS Sabertooth X99/ 5930k with EK mono block / Water loop EK 280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump res combo before rads and D5 top after / Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb/ EVGA 1000 P2/ EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with EK copper water block.

2nd build,
Case D450/ ASUS x299 Prime Deluxe/ i9-7900x delidded with EK mono block/ Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8gb/ Water loop EK-280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump-res combo before rads and D5 top after/ EVGA 1200 P2 / Titan Xp with EK water block.
striker890
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 08:26:20 (permalink)
KLEYBA
great time to buy a 1080 Ti.  used are going for 475 - 580  I just picked a strix oc ti for 460!!!!!!!!

475 what? In most european contries used cards have ridicolous pricing, and aren't even worth loosing warrenty. European consumer rights are so strong, that honestly a used card would have to cost about 20% of the new price to be worth the gamble.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 11:39:00 (permalink)
striker890

475 what? In most european contries used cards have ridicolous pricing, and aren't even worth loosing warrenty. European consumer rights are so strong, that honestly a used card would have to cost about 20% of the new price to be worth the gamble.

I guess that's the trade off.  Have strong consumer rights while taxing the day lights out of their citizens. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 17:09:39 (permalink)
Not Me

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lorens323
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 17:15:16 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Not Me

eu ? Also when did you preorder?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 18:03:28 (permalink)
lorens323
Cool GTX
Not Me

eu ? Also when did you preorder?

Day 1 and he is in USA
Dave3d
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 720
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/27 18:52:18 (permalink)
Ah man.
So jelly that you got a TI !
My 2080 will have to do though.
Maybe I can get SLI going if they ever produce any more 2080's though. Seems like it wont be until next year, and by then the OIC's? wont match. :(

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
toncij
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 213
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/28 02:55:49 (permalink)
Dave3d
Maybe I can get SLI going if they ever produce any more 2080's though. Seems like it wont be until next year, and by then the OIC's? wont match. :(

OICs?
mmuthiah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/28 05:58:30 (permalink)
Is there anything special on the packaging as advertised?
ThrashZone
Superclocked Member
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/09/28 06:27:12 (permalink)
Dave3d
Ah man.
So jelly that you got a TI !
My 2080 will have to do though.

Hi,
https://www.techpowerup.c...2080_SLI_NVLink/9.html

My first build,

2nd build,
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: So who canceled their pre-order? 2018/10/23 08:01:48 (permalink)
Just waiting for my new psu   And even after you canceled your Pre-Order you still got two cards. Luck you Sajin.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile