EVGA

Registration Question for Step Up Program

Author
sarangshah
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/14 07:18:01 (permalink)
I recently (less than 90 days) purchased an EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming from B&H. However, it took them over 3 weeks to ship the card out (I am expected to receive it early next week).

I noticed one of the requirements listed for the Step Up program is to "register your card within 14 days of your original purchase date". When I placed the order, B&H indicated they were told by EVGA to expect the cards within a week or so. B&H later told me they were informed by EVGA they did not have a specific ETA on when B&H will get the next shipment. Needless to say, I could not register the card within the 14 day window. Does this mean the only way I could qualify for the Step Up program is to pay extra for an extended warranty?

Would appreciate any input on what are my options?
Thank you!

post edited by sarangshah - 2018/09/14 07:19:34

8 Replies Related Threads

irepairtom
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/14 07:27:56 (permalink)
    If you're trying to do the step up with the 1080 Ti SC2, why don't you just cancel your order and purchase somewhere else? Wouldn't you be paying the same price regardless after step up?   I mean it's in stock and you get it tomorrow with amazon prime. Just my two cents though. I don't think EVGA has control over retailers who sell products that they don't have in stock. ETA's are just ETA's, they're not a guarantee.
    post edited by irepairtom - 2018/09/14 07:28:57
    sarangshah
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/14 07:34:04 (permalink)
    As indicated in OP - My order has already shipped and is expected to arrive early next week. Plus, Amazon Prime charges tax and price on B&H was lower than Amazon when I ordered the card.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/14 08:00:33 (permalink)
    You can purchase an extended warranty of with either an extra 2 years or an extra 7 years to make your warranty either 5 years or 10 years total, and it will unlock the step up program. The extended warranty will transfer to the step up card once you go through the step up process.

You can read all about it on the stepup page at https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

The extended warranty purchase is only required after the 14 day post purchase timeline. EVGA can not help shipping times or retailer delays, so you may talk to B&H about refunding you the difference and see if they can help.
    _JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/14 20:48:16 (permalink)
    I say you're better off purchasing the extended warranty especially for such a high dollar graphics card. Protect your investment for 5 or 10 years, 10 years being the best option in my opinion. 
    sarangshah
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/17 12:23:21 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    I say you're better off purchasing the extended warranty especially for such a high dollar graphics card. Protect your investment for 5 or 10 years, 10 years being the best option in my opinion. 

I understand per extended warranty page if I end up upgrading the card through the Step-Up program, the extended warranty is transferred to new upgrade GPU.

At the same time, wondering if the extended warranty transferrable to a new owner or if I give the card as a gift to a relative?

Thanks!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30963
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/17 12:53:35 (permalink)
    Extended Warranty is NOT transferable per the terms listed    https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/
    (excerpt)
    "EVGA offers optional programs to Original Purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from an Authorized Reseller including the EVGA Extended Warranty Program, the EVGA Advanced RMA Program, and the EVGA Step-up Program. Please note that if an EVGA Extended Warranty and/or EVGA Advanced RMA (EAR) is purchased on a Product, it/they will not transfer to a second owner."

Also see terms of graphics-cards:
     https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

Terms do vary by what part of the world you are in; So, always choose the corresponding location First

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/17 22:12:21 (permalink)
    The Step Up program is the only time an extended warranty does transfer to the new card. It would not transfer to a new owner.

• If you should happen to miss your 14 day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product then you may also purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.
    • Don't worry, your Extended Warranty and Advanced RMA (EAR) purchases now transfers to your new Step-Up product!
    https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Everything is security. 
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    Re: Registration Question for Step Up Program 2018/09/18 03:43:14 (permalink)
    Regarding the date purchased vs the ship date we are reviewing those one a case by case basis. Please email us at support@evga.com with your invoice and your tracking number so that we may review. 

Everything is security. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile