EVGA

EVGA PrecisionX is not correctly saving settings.

Author
UOLegacy
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/11 11:56:01 (permalink)
GPU - 1080 Ti SC2

I specifically set my fans to run at a certain percentage; I check off all of the boxes correctly to load automatically at the Windows bootup. It keeps resetting my fans to whatever it keeps defaulting to.

Is there another program or some way to tell Precision X to stop doing this?

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX is not correctly saving settings. 2018/09/11 13:38:57 (permalink)
    Did you save a Profile ?  (those numbers on the bottom 1 through 0)

After you save, try closing XOC, then reopen XOC -- did it save correctly ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

UOLegacy
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX is not correctly saving settings. 2018/09/11 14:03:06 (permalink)
    Thanks! I reloaded it and the profile did seem to work.

Is it normal to have to manually control the SC2 fans? I thought that under stress (~60c+) the fans automatically turn on, but I've stressed tested this card with no fan running before turning on the fans at ~80c to lower the temperature.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX is not correctly saving settings. 2018/09/11 14:25:56 (permalink)
    Yes the quiet mode should have the fans start around 60 - 65 C ---> however if left in XOC manual mode, they may not start if profile is not set correctly

With the new build - do this one time is all it should take

Shut down your PC --- Pull the plug from the wall - hold power button on case for 30 seconds (this to make sure all capacitors are discharged)

Plug it back in then restart

------------------------

(Make sure Windows fast startup is off when upgrading drivers, firmware or hardware

With Windows 10 there is a new “hybrid” startup mode that should cut down on boot up times.

It does this by putting the PC into hibernation instead of fully shutting down."

Windows Central - How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to)

How-to Geek The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Fendibrah
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX is not correctly saving settings. 2018/09/25 16:38:14 (permalink)
    Just wanted to say thank you to Cool GTX. The power cycle fixed my settings not saving! Precision XOC still starts minimized but that's okay.

I'm on version 6.2.7
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile