AnsweredVery Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA: Resolved-Happy Customer

Author
deaistar
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2018/08/29 22:27:36 (permalink)
This will be my second time requesting an RMA for my hybrid kit but my first time for my 1080ti ftw3.

This is a known issue with a small batch of hybrid kits that short circuit certain components on the 1080ti ftw3, capping the clock to 1569.

The first time I sent in the hybrid kit, I specifically asked the customer support agent if the fan needs to be included with the return. No where did the agent mention the fan and asked just the pump and radiator be returned.

Great, I shipped only the pump and radiator, also did a cross-shipment because I had a time pressing matter for work that required the use of the computer using the hybrid kit. Everything went smooth like butter and I received my full deposit back and a new hybrid kit.

(I work from home and use my laptop for work, but the PC that uses the hybrid GPU is also as important for my day to day work.)

I've recently noticed there was an issue with the 1080ti ftw3 hybrid kit and discovered my card would cap at 1569 mhz with regular air cool and CLC. Reassembling and disassembling for the 3rd time, I submit a ticket and ship everything off to EVGA warehouse.

Waiting for my RMA to process, I receive an email stating that I need to pay $20 for not including the fan.

Now my RMA is delayed, my time wasted trying to get my computer back up and running for work, and a notice to pay $20 to replace the fan to continue the RMA process. Rude?

I paid around $1000 for your product combined and I receive this insensitive email.

Hey, but okay you want the missing fan. I have two of them and havent used a single once since I use my specific fan for the radiator. But wait, why do I have two of them? Shouldn't I have only one if you required it during my previous cross-ship RMA?

So I'm pretty dissatisfied now because:

1. I have work to do

2. You send a generic email to pay up or your RMA won't be processed notice

3. This didn't happen previously when you had 170$ from my wallet hostage

4. It's almost labor day weekend, but I have work to do.

5. You're asking me to waste another day to ship a fan to further delay the process of my RMA.

I try to call to get this sorted out but I only get to "we're assisting other callers voicemail"

I respond back and wanted a good reason as to why they were asking for a fan this time when they previously didn't. (I was pretty heated and still am, so I'm writing all this as civil as possible)

Ray Hedrick responds saying that it was always required and that fans should always be shipped back with the radiator. Okay, but that's not what the previous Rep told me when I tried to confirm more than once on what I needed to ship back when I returned my first kit for RMA.

So then Ray started to get a little smart with me and tells me:

"When you asked support, you made no mention of the fan. The fan is not mentioned in the reply as that should already be attached to the radiator."

But you're wrong Ray, you're wrong. My email specifically mentioned 4 separate items and only two of them were mentioned. Pump and Radiator. The email screenshot shows it all.

So here I am wasting time arguing with a customer service rep who claims to be a supervisor. I want to speak with his manager and asked for their name and phone #. No reply yet.

tl;dr I am done with this company. I've worked in customer service department for fortune 100, but it was never this bad. Im going to call tomorrow to see if they can actually give me a more valid reason to stay as a customer because at this point I don't care if you hold on to the hybrid kit or if I don't receive it at all. This is a very degrading customer experience. Also, none of my emails for 4 hours with this Ray person was there an apology.

post edited by deaistar - 2018/09/08 16:57:14

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/08/30 00:38:22 (permalink)
No one likes to be stressed because of looming deadlines and the obstacles that life throws our way from time to time

Sounds like you relied on the previous RMA & did not clarify the "fan" the second time - it does not really matter at this point if RMA 1 or 2 was correct.

Mistakes & miscommunications can happen in the best of situation - resolving the issue is what is important, not that it happened

So, what do I see:

1) The Warranty & RMA both state you should return the product -- the fan was part of the product - bolted to the radiator when you got it ?

2) Though the shipping PDF does state "Keep all accessories" - of all the many things listed "fan" is not one of them

3) Shipping the fan at this point would cost a few bucks & would increase your delay getting the RMA complete - Not what you want

4) $20 though inconvenient seems a small price to get your RAM completed quickly (refund possibly could be settled separately upon return of said fan later) 

5) Your email mentions being told to "not sending the shroud back" -- there is nothing from EVGA about not sending the FAN

6) Yes EVGA says send the pump and radiator back, the fan was attached to the radiator when you received it - Yes ?

I'd call first thing and see if your RMA can possible ship before the holiday shutdown, because depending on shipping you chose your not getting it after Saturday or until Tuesday at the soonest.

Mission critical business equipment should have a backup plan in case of any disaster or lack of use situation ...

EVGA Documents

https://www.evga.com/warranty/accessories/

https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/

https://images.evga.com/warranty/shipping/RMA_US_Shipping_Guidelines.pdf
(excerpt)

1) CONDITION
Your EVGA product must be returned undamaged and in its original factory condition.

2) Keep all accessories as you will only be receiving your product in return.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Screws and Other Mounting Hardware, Brackets, Cables, AC Adpaters, Weights, Key Cap
Pullers, Thermal Paste, Tools, Posters, Stickers, Manuals, CDs, Games, T-shirts,
Product Badges

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/08/30 01:31:19 (permalink)
The simple solution would be for evga to just remove the fan from the replacement unit, before shipping it out to the customer. That would show the customer evga values them as a customer.

Business 101 take care of your customers or they might not be a customer any longer.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/08/30 09:55:57 (permalink)
Only if they are not shipping a New sealed unit would that be best option  IMO

GL to OP to get RMA completed quickly after resolving the misunderstanding

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Tech_RayH
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 834
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/08/30 12:33:32 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby deaistar 2018/09/08 16:50:04
I am sorry about the stress involved with the RMA. We will get the RMA processed on our end to make sure that there is no additional downtime for you.
-Ray

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
- Adlai E. Stevenson

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102252
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/08/30 12:41:09 (permalink)
Thanks for the assist Ray!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

deaistar
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2018/09/08 16:55:20 (permalink)
EVGATech_RayH
I am sorry about the stress involved with the RMA. We will get the RMA processed on our end to make sure that there is no additional downtime for you.
-Ray

Thank you Ray for the support you and your team has provided, including James.

RMA was quick and processed efficiently. Living in the same state also provides faster shipping (1 day).

Product works as intended without any issues. There were a few hiccups along the way, but everything was handled and resolved.

I do appreciate the positive commitment and service.

This is the type of service that brings back your customers! 
DeeX
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2019/02/15 11:02:05 (permalink)
EVGATech_RayH
-Ray

Could you help me too?
I have the same problem.
I had been using two noctua fans in push pull so I had misplaced my evga fan. I explained that to either a customer service rep or a tech support rep and they said "oh that's fine not a big deal".
That is a little frustrating. Please help lol. :)
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2019/02/16 23:07:05 (permalink)
Hello nextgencfl,

I will look into this further and direct it to the proper people to assist. 

Looks like this has already been addressed
post edited by EVGATech_JeffP - 2019/02/16 23:08:37

Everything is security. 
DeeX
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Very Frustrated and Stressed by this RMA 2019/02/17 07:52:04 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP
Hello nextgencfl,

I will look into this further and direct it to the proper people to assist. 

Looks like this has already been addressed

Kind of. I still had to pay for the fan where as the previous rep did not mention a thing about that.
Its all good, a little frustrating but not the end of the world. 
Thanks for the follow up. :)
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile