EVGA

RMA Card this will be the 3rd RMA but now stuck in a werid collateral payment issue (AMEX)

Author
vvilliamm
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/08/16 22:51:02 (permalink)
History of RMA
 I purchased  a GTX 670 FTW+ 4gb with back plate in 2012 with a 10yr warranty in 2012. This yr the card started having artifacts so I filed an RMA with cross-ship and received an EVGA GTX 770 SC edition in the brown box. The card was defective straight out of the box pretty much so I had to file another RMA cross ship and got back another GTX 770 SC in the brown box. The card worked perfect for 3 months till this week.  The card would artifact/black screen when I ran any games or any thing intensive. Sometimes my screen would crash on a chrome browser. I put in my backup card GT 710 and all works fine. I tested the 770 in my living room pc and would have the same issues. 

Current Issue
So I filed another RMA but this time I have to ship the item to my GF home because my work address is changing. To do this I was told to change the account name and address to her's which i did. Now when she tried to pay the collateral with her AMEX card and after passing the fraud check verification. EVGA says they dont accept AMEX at this time? She does not have another CC. Anyone had this issue before? Or does EVGA not accept AMEX?

Thanks!
post edited by vvilliamm - 2018/08/16 22:52:19

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: RMA Card this will be the 3rd RMA but now stuck in a werid collateral payment issue (A 2018/08/16 22:56:27 (permalink)
    I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I can confirm that we no-longer accept American Express. If there is no other credit card available please contact us back and we can re-submit the RMA as a Standard RMA where a credit card is not required. I apologize for any inconvenience.
    vvilliamm
    • Total Posts : 48
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA Card this will be the 3rd RMA but now stuck in a werid collateral payment issue (A 2018/08/16 23:00:29 (permalink)
    Hey Matt,

There's no possible way to use my credit card and her shipping address right? I was really hoping to do the cross-ship because i can use the same box to ship the item back.

Thanks
    EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: RMA Card this will be the 3rd RMA but now stuck in a werid collateral payment issue (A 2018/08/16 23:01:58 (permalink)
    You can use your credit card as only the billing address has to match the billing address of the credit card and the shipping address can be different.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile