EVGA

Can one step-up after moving to another country?

Author
Mipaw
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/08/16 13:12:42 (permalink)
Hi, 
I've always hear positive news about EVGA global warranty and step-up program, and thus I'm on the edge of pulling trigger on recent 1080 bundle deals.
However, I will be relocating to Taiwan a month later. I've read that EVGA has sales office and warehouse in Taiwan, and it's also the only RMA center in Asia.

So my questions are:
1. If I purchase the 1080 deals here in America then moved to Taiwan within the 90 days step-up period. How could I step-up afterwards?
1-A) It'd be my best interest if I can apply for step-up in U.S. website and pay by Paypal, but send in my old card to EVGA Taiwan facility in exchange for a newer model. (I assume there'll be a hefty shipping cost to mail my old card back to America plus the shipping of new card.)
1-B) Or should I apply for step-up in EVGA's Taiwan website despite the original payment being USD?

2. Since I'm relocating. Can I register the brand new card (purchase in America) under my newly created Taiwan account to take advantage of the 5 year warranty over there?

For those who wonder why not make the purchase after relocated, there are a few reasons. First, I don't have a Taiwanese credit card thus making online purchase will be difficult. Second, according to Google map, the nearest PC outlet takes one hour bus ride, so that's 2-3 hours round-trip.
post edited by Mipaw - 2018/08/16 13:16:10

6 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/16 13:17:36 (permalink)
    Hello Mipaw, 

Thank you for joining and welcome to the forums. EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States (not including outlying territories), Canada and EU Countries. You can find more information about the Step-Up Program linked HERE. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us back here or through our Customer Support Line 1 (888) 881-3842. 

Regards,
    Thomas N. 
    Mipaw
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/16 13:28:25 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ThomasN
    Hello Mipaw, 
     Thank you for joining and welcome to the forums. EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States (not including outlying territories), Canada and EU Countries. You can find more information about the Step-Up Program linked . If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us back here or through our Customer Support Line 1 (888) 881-3842. 
     Regards,
    Thomas N. 

Thanks for clarifying the step-up program.
    Another question, does the global warranty (card purchase in US) includes Taiwan? Or is it also bound to US, Canada and EU only?
    post edited by Mipaw - 2018/08/16 13:35:55
    EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/16 13:46:28 (permalink)
    Mipaw
    EVGATech_ThomasN
    Hello Mipaw, 
     Thank you for joining and welcome to the forums. EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States (not including outlying territories), Canada and EU Countries. You can find more information about the Step-Up Program linked . If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us back here or through our Customer Support Line 1 (888) 881-3842. 
     Regards,
    Thomas N. 

Thanks for clarifying the step-up program.
    Another question, does the global warranty (card purchase in US) includes Taiwan? Or is it also bound to US, Canada and EU only?

The global warranty is still valid. You would just need to go through the RMA process through the Taiwan office/support team. 

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/16 14:16:57 (permalink)
    I would just like to follow up and clarify that the standard global warranty does apply in Taiwan. Unfortunately, the extended warranty is only available within the regions of the Contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe. I believe you had a question about a 5-year warranty plan but only the standard 3-year warranty would apply.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Mipaw
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/16 23:59:53 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AdamB
    I would just like to follow up and clarify that the standard global warranty does apply in Taiwan. Unfortunately, the extended warranty is only available within the regions of the Contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe. I believe you had a question about a 5-year warranty plan but only the standard 3-year warranty would apply.

Yes, that's one of my initial question. I read cards bought in Taiwan comes with 5-year warranty by default, additional extended warranty isn't needed. That's written in Taiwanese's support page. tw.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

And thus I wonder if I could take advantage by registering my card under EVGA Taiwan account after relocating.

But I think you've answered it already, 3-year, it is.

Thank you.
    post edited by Mipaw - 2018/08/17 00:14:38
    EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Can one step-up after moving to another country? 2018/08/17 09:16:21 (permalink)
    The warranty terms and conditions can vary by region. The standard 3-year warranty is global but the Taiwan specific terms may not apply to your product. I recommend contacting our Taiwan team directly by e-mailing supportTW@evga.com for further clarification.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile