EVGA

Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues

Author
cnogo
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/29 14:39:54 (permalink)
In the 6.2.7 release of Precision XOC there were some major changes to the hardware monitor. I have encountered a few problems:

- I use system tray icons for gpu temperature and cpu temperature. These no longer persist after restarting windows and must be manually enabled through precision xoc after every reboot.

- The osd also no longer stays enabled after a reboot and resets to its default set of measurements/information, e.g. cpu temp is not shown in the osd in game by default and must be re-checked in the hardware monitor window prior to launching a game after every reboot of my system.

- Lastly, the hardware monitor window is buggy for me. The drop down menus that let you add or remove graphs for different system components, etc, disappear and are only visible while resizing the window.

23 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/05/29 15:08:16 (permalink)
    After making changes in Precision/OSD/HWM/Profiles or anything, manually close Precision and then open it again to make sure your changes remain..Some changes will be lost unless you close Precision after making them..Roll from there.

Position the HWM screen beside the main Precision GUI, click on the Precision GUI to bring it to the foreground, the GPU and System dropdowns in HWM will be there..Or, disable 'Start Minimized' in the Settings and restart Precision..Or, right-click in the HWM and click 'Show status'.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

pcarrier
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/10 12:55:27 (permalink)
    The HVM screen doesn't even show up. In the tray, when I click, the two screens show up but when I select the HVM screen, nothing.

GA-Z97-UD5H
    i7-4790K
    32GB Adata DDR3 2400
    GTX 1080ti
    Samsung 840 Pro boot, 2x840 EVO 500GB RAID0 games
    pcarrier
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/11 19:11:34 (permalink)
    Man, this is some buggy software. Guess I'll have to de-install and move to MSI's. 

GA-Z97-UD5H
    i7-4790K
    32GB Adata DDR3 2400
    GTX 1080ti
    Samsung 840 Pro boot, 2x840 EVO 500GB RAID0 games
    Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/12 23:23:22 (permalink)
    If you need all the fans to run - just revert back a version or 2
    but you may have to live with out LED sync :-)

RobErvin
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/14 17:07:59 (permalink)
    Mine will not save my settings on system restart. No matter what I do, click apply, check the box to apply previous settings on load, closing the app and restarting before shutdown, none of those makes this app retain all my settings from a system restart or reboot.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/15 05:37:47 (permalink)
    pcarrier
    The HVM screen doesn't even show up. In the tray, when I click, the two screens show up but when I select the HVM screen, nothing.

HWM isn't in the Tray, only Precision and PrecisionX Server are in the Tray, along with any items from HWM you may have selected to put in the Tray..The HWM button is in the top-left corner of Precision..Clicking HWM button in Precision should open HWM, no?

RobErvin
    Mine will not save my settings on system restart. No matter what I do, click apply, check the box to apply previous settings on load, closing the app and restarting before shutdown, none of those makes this app retain all my settings from a system restart or reboot.

It seems as though your custom changes might not be getting written/saved to Precision's .cfg files for some reason.

Perhaps if you explain exactly what you're trying to do, solutions could be offered..You may be failing to do/overlooking something simple, but maybe not.

Also state what graphics card(s) and OS you're running, and if you're using the Standalone version of Precision or the Steam version, and what version you're using if other than 6.2.7.

Older versions are available at the bottom of the Precision download page.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/15 09:04:00 (permalink)
    bob16314
    pcarrier

HWM isn't in the Tray, only Precision and PrecisionX Server are in the Tray, along with any items from HWM you may have selected to put in the Tray..The HWM button is in the top-left corner of Precision..Clicking HWM button in Precision should open HWM, no?

RobErvin

It seems as though your custom changes might not be getting written/saved to Precision's .cfg files for some reason.

Perhaps if you explain exactly what you're trying to do, solutions could be offered..You may be failing to do/overlooking something simple, but maybe not.

Also state what graphics card(s) and OS you're running, and if you're using the Standalone version of Precision or the Steam version, and what version you're using if other than 6.2.7.

Older versions are available at the bottom of the .

I just finished this new system build last week. I have an EVGA GTX 1070ti running under Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with an Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 MOBO and Intel I7-8700K with 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR4-3200. The Precision OC v6.2.7 was downloaded from EVGA not Steam.

I am setting a custom fan curve where the fans spin up in 20% increments set at every extra 10 deg C from 40 on upwards. I click the AUTO button which applies the fan curve setting. I also set my temp target to 60 deg rather than 80. It works fine once I set it. I can even turn it off and turn it back on in Windows and the settings remain. But a system reboot always either changes the temp target back to 80 degs and/or turns off AUTO which kills my fan curve setting.
    post edited by RobErvin - 2018/07/15 09:07:18
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/15 10:36:11 (permalink)
    RobErvin
    I am setting a custom fan curve where the fans spin up in 20% increments set at every extra 10 deg C from 40 on upwards. I click the AUTO button which applies the fan curve setting. I also set my temp target to 60 deg rather than 80. It works fine once I set it. I can even turn it off and turn it back on in Windows and the settings remain. But a system reboot always either changes the temp target back to 80 degs and/or turns off AUTO which kills my fan curve setting.

I was almost gonna say in my last post that I bet you're running Windows 10 Pro..I don't know why that particular OS seems to have the most problems with Precision, but it does..Seems like you've done everything right which would be make a fan curve..Then click OK to activate it and to close the Settings..Then close Precision and open it again.

Maybe right-click the Precision installer and 'Run as administrator' when installing..If you right-click on Precision's desktop shortcut (or the .exe in Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC)  and then Properties, there's 'Compatibilty mode' and the Compatibility Troubleshooter and 'Run this program as an administrator' options you could try..Or you could change Permissions.

You can right-click Precision's .cfg files in the Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC\Profiles folder and change permissions in the Properties -> Security tab..I think I like this idea the best because your changes don't seem like they're being written to the .cfg files and improper write permissions might cause that.

There's older Precision versions at the bottom of the download page..There's Revo Uninstaller (Free) you can run in Advanced Mode to uninstall Precision and remove leftover files/folders/registry items (only remove registry items that are in bold text) should you want to try another version and start fresh.

I don't know what else to tell you right now, I don't have Windows 10 Pro to mess around with it..Just some ideas here..If you figure it out, post your fix..Good luck.

RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/15 20:48:12 (permalink)
    See edit
    post edited by RobErvin - 2018/07/15 23:58:23
    RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/15 23:59:16 (permalink)
    bob16314
    RobErvin

I was almost gonna say in my last post that I bet you're running Windows 10 Pro..I don't know why that particular OS seems to have the most problems with Precision, but it does..Seems like you've done everything right which would be make a fan curve..Then click OK to activate it and to close the Settings..Then close Precision and open it again.

Maybe right-click the Precision installer and 'Run as administrator' when installing..If you right-click on Precision's desktop shortcut (or the .exe in Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC)  and then Properties, there's 'Compatibilty mode' and the Compatibility Troubleshooter and 'Run this program as an administrator' options you could try..Or you could change Permissions.

You can right-click Precision's .cfg files in the Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC\Profiles folder and change permissions in the Properties -> Security tab..I think I like this idea the best because your changes don't seem like they're being written to the .cfg files and improper write permissions might cause that.

There's older Precision versions at the bottom of the ..There's (Free) you can run in Advanced Mode to uninstall Precision and remove leftover files/folders/registry items (only remove registry items that are in bold text) should you want to try another version and start fresh.

I don't know what else to tell you right now, I don't have Windows 10 Pro to mess around with it..Just some ideas here..If you figure it out, post your fix..Good luck.

I just did two things and did a reboot, and the OC software finally kept my settings. 

1st I took Bob's advice on the cfg file permissions and changed it to allow all users write control.

Then I went into OC precision and changed the skin to Kingpin. On that screen there is a button with "Start up (Windows LOGO)" and checked the box.
    I shut down OC and restarted it, and my settings were still there, and then I did a reboot, and again they are still there!

I hope this is the final solution!
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/16 03:32:28 (permalink)
    RobErvin
    I just did two things and did a reboot, and the OC software finally kept my settings. 

1st I took Bob's advice on the cfg file permissions and changed it to allow all users write control.

Then I went into OC precision and changed the skin to Kingpin. On that screen there is a button with "Start up (Windows LOGO)" and checked the box.
    I shut down OC and restarted it, and my settings were still there, and then I did a reboot, and again they are still there!

Well that's good news so far 

I hope we're onto something here with the .cfg file write permissions in Win10 Pro..More testing would be needed to confirm that though..I think Win10 Pro may be more stingy with permissions and allowing changes to things than Win10 Home.

Let us know.

'Apply previous settings on load' in the Defualt skin does the same thing as 'Start Up' in the Kingpin skin (just named differently, like in PrecisionX 16), far as I can tell.

RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/16 09:53:51 (permalink)
    bob16314
    RobErvin

Well that's good news so far 

I hope we're onto something here with the .cfg file write permissions in Win10 Pro..More testing would be needed to confirm that though..I think Win10 Pro may be more stingy with permissions and allowing changes to things than Win10 Home.

Let us know.

'Apply previous settings on load' in the Defualt skin does the same thing as 'Start Up' in the Kingpin skin (just named differently, like in PrecisionX 16), far as I can tell.

So far so good. After several reboots and restarts I still have all my settings.  I forgot to mention "apply previous setting on load" was one of the settings that was always turned off. I would check the box and when I came back it was always unchecked. Not so now for "start up with windows" in the kingpin skin, and the latter is on the main skin page, where "apply previous" is in another window on default skin.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/18 03:41:47 (permalink)
    RobErvin
    So far so good. After several reboots and restarts I still have all my settings.  I forgot to mention "apply previous setting on load" was one of the settings that was always turned off. I would check the box and when I came back it was always unchecked. Not so now for "start up with windows" in the kingpin skin, and the latter is on the main skin page, where "apply previous" is in another window on default skin.

You could uninstall Precision, restart, and then delete the leftover .cfg files and then install Precision again without giving permissions to the .cfg files and see how it rolls.

If permissions for the .cfg files are what's needed, we're nailing it down, and that would be very helpful to the developers and other users.

RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/07/18 05:02:51 (permalink)
    bob16314
    RobErvin

You could uninstall Precision, restart, and then delete the leftover .cfg files and then install Precision again without giving permissions to the .cfg files and see how it rolls.

If permissions for the .cfg files are what's needed, we're nailing it down, and that would be very helpful to the developers and other users.

I changed back to the original default skin, and did a reboot, and it kept all my settings, including the "apply previous setting" checkbox, so I would venture to say it is indeed the EVGAprecision.cfg file permissions that were preventing the settings from being retained. Other than switch skins to kingpin, that's all I did. I did not reinstall OC at any time.
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/11/09 03:23:37 (permalink)
    evga precision xoc v6.2.7 turns off by itself. In other words, it always shuts off and I have to reconnect it.
    coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/11/09 03:52:23 (permalink)
    guapoloko
    evga precision xoc v6.2.7 turns off by itself. In other words, it always shuts off and I have to reconnect it.

Hello and Welcome to the EVGA Forums
    I have my Evga precision XOC v6.2.7 here for long time which I have no problem with this! 
    How exactly is your evga precision xoc v6.2.7 shut down itself? I don't see any here mmm that strange to hear this!
    Let me try help you so can you try full shut down Precision and make sure OSD server shut down as well so you can check in your task manager see any evga precision server or any precision still running then force to end run and then go to your EVGA Precision profile folder to delete all four *****.cfg.
    Try again open evga precision xoc v6.2.7 and setup again and test again!
    If not good so only way uninstall evga precision xoc v6.2.7 and reboot your Pc and reinstall run as ADMINISTRACTOR. Before you reinstall evga precision xoc v6.2.7 please delete evga precision profiles first 

post edited by coolmistry - 2018/11/09 03:56:41

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    RobErvin
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/11/09 04:59:30 (permalink)
    guapoloko

Did any of the suggestions given to me work for you? Try changing skins, and edit the EVGAPrecision.CFG file permissions to allow all users write control?
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2018/11/09 05:57:39 (permalink)
    guapoloko

It sounds as if you might have a 2D and/or 3D Profile assigned in Precision, which is a bug and can cause Precision to unexpectedly close..I can reproduce it here 100% of the time.

In the Profile tab of Precision's Settings, change '2D Profile' and '3D Profile' to 'Not assigned' if they are not..Then click OK..Then close and open Precision again so that the changes stick.

Marksman101
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2021/07/10 13:56:25 (permalink)
    bob16314
    RobErvin

You can right-click Precision's .cfg files in the Program Files (x86)\EVGA\Precision XOC\Profiles folder and change permissions in the Properties -> Security tab..I think I like this idea the best because your changes don't seem like they're being written to the .cfg files and improper write permissions might cause that. . .

That 100% fixed it for me. Thank you so much!

(I even logged back in to this account after ~10 years just to post my thanks.)

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2021/07/11 02:22:31 (permalink)
    Marksman101
    That 100% fixed it for me. Thank you so much!

(I even logged back in to this account after ~10 years just to post my thanks.)

..Welcome back.

Nemaris
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2022/12/15 19:24:03 (permalink)
    I'm gonna resurrect this thread since it seems I was alone on the solution that worked for  me-

I had the same issue, tried all the steps, alas nothing helped.. I had the same KERNELBASE.DLL error in event viewer and the Splash screen along with an immediate crash of PX1.
    I tried all the above steps short of reinstalling windows 10 (thankfully I didn't). It turns out that the last GPU driver I updated through geforce experience got corrupted in such a way that it appeared I had a working driver, but it was messed up enough that precision couldn't hook into it I guess.
    I installed the most up to date driver from the website, used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the corrupted driver, installed the new one, and that solved it for me!
    freakdaddy64
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 784
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2022/12/19 14:33:21 (permalink)
    x1 has never worked for me as far as osd. and now that they are no longer making gpus i doubt there will be much support for software that has always had issues.

asus rog strix b550 f gaming ryzen 7 5800x3d cpu gskill trident z neo rgb ddr4 3600 ram sabrent 2tb ssd m.2 storage sabrent 1tb boot asus rog 4080 oc corsair 5000d case evga supernova 1000 t2 psu
    nzxt x73 rgb 360 cooler
    asus rog xg349c 34 inch display
    asus rog xg27aqm 27 inch 1440p 270 hz monitor THE SMOOTH OPERATOR
    Associate Code: YLOPU45V2M8FQL9

Elite ID: 2RWCT4B87YQYR15NNQO

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10327
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Precision XOC 6.2.7 OSD and Hardware Monitor Issues 2022/12/21 07:29:17 (permalink)
    Nemaris
    I'm gonna resurrect this thread since it seems I was alone on the solution that worked for  me-

I had the same issue, tried all the steps, alas nothing helped.. I had the same KERNELBASE.DLL error in event viewer and the Splash screen along with an immediate crash of PX1.
    I tried all the above steps short of reinstalling windows 10 (thankfully I didn't). It turns out that the last GPU driver I updated through geforce experience got corrupted in such a way that it appeared I had a working driver, but it was messed up enough that precision couldn't hook into it I guess.
    I installed the most up to date driver from the website, used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the corrupted driver, installed the new one, and that solved it for me!

PX1 is not the same as XOC which is what this thread was about and the fixes that worked.  If you're having issue's with PX1, you may want to create your own thread for assistance.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile