EVGA

EVGA Flow Control is doing strange things on my Ryzen 2700X system

Author
Ken429
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/17 02:10:28 (permalink)
I have a Ryzen 2700X system using an ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VII motherboard.  I installed the latest version of EVGA Flow Control (2.0.8) and all was well.  Today I booted the system and the Radiator fans are not showing on the Flow Control window.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Flow Control software and things have gone down hill!  The first time I tried to uninstall the system said something was still running - did I want to uninstall anyway - I chose yes.  When I tried to re-install the Flow Control software it reinstalled but when I tried to start the program it said it could not find any devices!  I uninstalled again, shut the system down counted to 10 and rebooted.  When I reinstalled the software again the the fans were running full speed but at least it found the cooler device.  I was able to reduce the fan speed using the slider and now I think I'm back to the original problem - the Flow Control window does not show any rpm under Fan Speed.  Somewhere along the line I did bring up HWiNFO64.  I don't know if that had any effect on the Flow Control Software - I did uncheck the "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" box in HWiNFO so that it would work properly.  I have not rebooted the system yet to see what will happen but I will as soon as I hit the submit button on the post!

I have EVGA Coolers on several Intel ASRock Extreme6/4790K systems and never ran into all these issues.  I don't know if it is ASUS or AMD but the EVGA Flow Control software sure has gone amok.  Can someone please shed some light on what the heck is going on.  Thanks.

I Rebooted and all the bad stuff happened again, the fans roared until Windows 10 booted and then a popup window flashed and said "no device detected".  I then started Flow Control and it slowed the fans and turned on the correct lighting on the Flow pump header but still no fan rpm's.

Looks like I should have done more research before buying the EVGA cooler for a Ryzen AM4 system - "https://forums.evga.com/CLC-Flow-control-software-and-AMD-Ryzen-m2677821.aspx".   
post edited by Ken429 - 2018/07/17 02:25:43

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA Flow Control is doing strange things on my Ryzen 2700X system 2018/07/17 09:28:42 (permalink)
    Moving thread to evga software subsection.
    Ken429
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Flow Control is doing strange things on my Ryzen 2700X system 2018/07/21 02:51:56 (permalink)
    Looks like this issue does not get much activity no matter what subsection it's in! 

Anyway, I too switched to my old Swiftech Apogee XL custom cooling system in desperation (after much screwing around with Swiftech to get the correct parts for the Ryzen).  Much to my surprise I was able to increase the CPU frequency from 41 to 42 and still reduce the Ryzen temps as reported by HWiNFO64 by ~3.4C (CPU Tctl and CPU Tdie) and the ASUS temps as reported by HWiNFO^$ by ~3C (CPU Temperature and CPU Socket Temperature).  Both tests were based on running Handbrake to convert the same bluray to an MP4 file.  Unfortunately, a slight increase in CPU speed only netted a ~10 second reduction in total conversion time. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile