EVGA

AnsweredIs it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as new

Author
istevenh888
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/06/26 11:28:54 (permalink)
There is a seller on eBay selling a EVGA Graphics Card in new condition, seller claims I can register for 3 years. They have a legit small business saw a website however they are not well known unlike Amazon, Scan, etc. The seller has about 1000 feedbacks 100% positive feedback. Item is listed as new condition, would it still be possible to register for the warranty on that card?

For place of purchase do I write "eBay" or the small company name and date of purchase say today. Would the warranty then be valid for 3 years from today, or will they go of by manufacture date or will they just decline my warranty registration?
post edited by istevenh888 - 2018/06/26 11:30:01
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/06/26 11:34:28 (permalink)
Hello istevenh888! You can register the product at https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp, even if it was purchased second-hand. You would just need the serial number on the back of the graphics card. You can use 'Ebay' as the place of purchase. In regards to warranty, if it is a part number ending in -KR then it would have a transferable warranty. The transferable warranty would start from the date when the item originally was shipped out of our warehouse. We may also need a invoice for the purchase, so if you have a Ebay or Paypal receipt, you can upload that at EVGA.com under service > invoice upload.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49162
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/06/26 11:35:35 (permalink)
You won't get the full 3 year warranty as your purchase will be considered a secondhand purchase since you're buying the card from a non authorized reseller. You'll want to select ebay as the place of purchase when registering your card, you'll also want to upload your ebay invoice when registering the card.
istevenh888
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/06/26 11:44:15 (permalink)
Sajin
You won't get the full 3 year warranty as your purchase will be considered a secondhand purchase since you're buying the card from a non . You'll want to select ebay as the place of purchase when registering your card, you'll also want to upload your ebay invoice when registering the card.

If that is the case how long would my warranty last? How would the duration of the warranty work out
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/06/26 12:15:09 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby EVGATech_ThomasN 2018/06/26 12:38:00
If it is a part number ending in -KR then the transferable 3-year warranty would would start from the date when the item originally was shipped out of our warehouse. If you contact us at support@evga.com or 1-888-881-3842, we can look up the serial number and tell you how much time is left on the transferable warranty.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
Gannzilla
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/09/23 00:49:40 (permalink)
So, I am a little bit late to this thread/topic, but 
Does this mean that I am able to register a qualifying card even if I am not the original owner?
In other words, the original owner does NOT need to register the card for warranty themselves? 
Thanks a lot!
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/09/23 01:39:19 (permalink)
Gannzilla
So, I am a little bit late to this thread/topic, but 
Does this mean that I am able to register a qualifying card even if I am not the original owner?
In other words, the original owner does NOT need to register the card for warranty themselves? 
Thanks a lot!

You may register the card, but only the original purchaser can qualify for extended warranty, Step-up and Cross-Ship RMAs. 

Everything is security. 
Gannzilla
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/09/23 09:37:44 (permalink)
But i can register the card for the Transferable Warranty?
What if the Seller is selling the card in used condition, and is not an Authorized EVGA vendor?
Thanks again
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Is it possible to register warranty for graphics card that was purchased from eBay as 2018/09/23 10:11:12 (permalink)
Gannzilla
But i can register the card for the Transferable Warranty?
What if the Seller is selling the card in used condition, and is not an Authorized EVGA vendor?
Thanks again

This sticky post below might help answer your question.
https://forums.evga.com/Original-and-Secondhand-Warranty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

You can always email evga support for more help or any questions you might have about evga products.  support@evga.com 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile