EVGA

Helpful Reply980 ti problem again

Author
DarkGuns33
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/06/19 18:17:01 (permalink)
i just received my 980ti replacement today and i installed it and it was working Perfect for 2 hours and then boom my PC shuts down not wanting to turn on with the 980ti.I then got really frustrated because the same thing happened to the other 980ti i sent in about a week ago is happening to this card.i looked around to see if something is causing a Shortage and is killing the GPU and i found nothing everything is where its suppose to be.i removed the card and the PC turns on fine,then i installed my old 670 and my pc worked fine but with this card it just turns on for 1 second and shuts down.I changed PSU and the same thing is happening.i also installed it on my older PC and the same thing happened.This is my 3rd 980ti that i have had to return,i love EVGA and will always keep buying your products but man do i just have bad luck?, I started the RMA for the card i should get the shipping label tomorrow i hope i get a good one next time :(
EVGA_Thomas123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 150
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 980 ti problem again 2018/06/20 01:07:53 (permalink)
Hello DarkGuns33, 

I see here that you may have already contacted our support team and gotten another RMA started. Given the information I'm able to see, your previous card has also failed testing, per your description, it's failed in the same manner. It's highly improbable (possible, but improbable) to have two different cards (variables) to fail in the same system (constant) in similar fashion without the consideration of another component that may be causing the issues. If you have a local PC hardware store with you, I would recommend perhaps looking into the PSU for the 12v rail and any unusual fluctuations that may occur under no load using a power supply tester or voltage meter. A 980 Ti and a GTX 670 may have different TDP's and may not cause you to have the same issues. Prior to testing the next replacement in your system, I would recommend that you try testing in a different system for an extended amount of time to see if any issues occur. Please feel free to contact our support team for any issues you may be receiving, we're here 24/7 to assist you! 

Regards,
Thomas N. 
dynamicmattt
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: 980 ti problem again 2018/06/20 03:07:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby EVGATech_ThomasN 2018/06/20 06:20:15
DarkGuns33
i just received my 980ti replacement today and i installed it and it was working Perfect for 2 hours and then boom my PC shuts down not wanting to turn on with the 980ti.I then got really frustrated because the same thing happened to the other 980ti i sent in about a week ago is happening to this card.i looked around to see if something is causing a Shortage and is killing the GPU and i found nothing everything is where its suppose to be.i removed the card and the PC turns on fine,then i installed my old 670 and my pc worked fine but with this card it just turns on for 1 second and shuts down.I changed PSU and the same thing is happening.i also installed it on my older PC and the same thing happened.This is my 3rd 980ti that i have had to return,i love EVGA and will always keep buying your products but man do i just have bad luck?, I started the RMA for the card i should get the shipping label tomorrow i hope i get a good one next time :(

I had a similar problem a while back turned out to be a dodgy cheap Chinese display port cable, turns out there's alot of these on the market and they've got the wrong number of pins in for most desktop gpus and are really designed for use with tv's. Try using a different display output if you hadn't already. Just a thought :)
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 980 ti problem again 2018/06/20 10:02:03 (permalink)
Time to rma again since you were able to replicate the issue after changing out the psu in your system. The problem showing up in another system is a dead giveaway too.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/20 10:03:31
DarkGuns33
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: 980 ti problem again 2018/06/20 11:19:45 (permalink)
i have a evga 850W power supply that i was using and i swapped it with my older 750W NZXT to see if it would work and nothing.Also i removed the display port cable just in case and still nothing.Im using a Asus 27 2560x1440p monitor.I have my PC connected to a outlet surge protector and the only things connected to that is my PC and my monitor.Also the 980ti that i sent in last week was working for 1.5 years so it was good until recently,and this GPU was working for about 2 hours then stopped playing games for about 15 min then i started up Guild wars 2 and as soon as i got in to the character select screen BOOM thats when i happened.I ALSO ran benchmarks before the card died and it was perfect so i dont know whats going on.
post edited by DarkGuns33 - 2018/06/20 11:57:23
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile