Author
Slimshiesty
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2933
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2018/05/21 19:57:54 (permalink)
Any forum members playing this?
I have been playing Magic (Real Magic), since it was released in Alpha at the end of 1993.

Some very good, old friends (and i'm talking like 30 years)

After all the time i have been playing, you would think i knew all the rules.
Either MTG has got it wrong, or i have been playing wrong on a couple things for 25 years!

What are the forum members thoughts on this?
I have played earlier versions of magic that were for mobile devices, and they were all meh!

This seems to play much closer to Hearthstone, with some added "stolen" features, but when something works!
I'm liking it, i think the rewards can be upped just a tad, also, i wish that a booster would alot you the correct amount of cards(15). like real boosters.
I mean it is online, and nothing to print, why not make it as close to real Magic as you can?

Anyways... thoughts?

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

5 Replies Related Threads

Mkkari
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 130
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Magic the Gathering Beta 2018/05/22 10:04:26 (permalink)
    Got few MtG games in Steam, their problem is that these are way too complicated (it has time limits with rounds, so its not working how it should), has poor mechanics etc. Its not just same. Mtg is mtg with few people gathered under same roof.

Have had played HS instead if need to play card games, i just dont like it. As new player its hard to catch up while others has way more superior decks.

My Affiliate Code: WS2E1M09J4

Ryzen 1700 + Noctua D15 SE / Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 / G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 2x8gb / EVGA GTX1060 FTW+ / Evga 650W P2 / Corsair 750D / Samsung S27D850D

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Magic the Gathering Beta 2018/05/22 14:29:10 (permalink)
    The problem with card games is they aren't really games. It's entirely designed around buying advantages and there is no fair play to them. From playing against other players to playing against the computer which cheats to win. The whole random chance/luck element is removed intentionally, so they can manipulate players into purchasing more to succeed. This applies to all digital card games. They all have pay walls built into them. These card games are the worst of the worst when it comes to pay to win. It's also why there are so many of them. 

Having tried Magic games previously and other card games I quickly caught onto the scam and quickly got rid of them. 
    Slimshiesty
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Magic the Gathering Beta 2018/05/22 15:58:46 (permalink)
    So you both have never played the MTG Arena beta? That would have been key to criticize it.
    If you could but individual cards, i could see this as more play to win, but with the introduction of wild cards, that can become whatever card you want..i dont see it so much like that.

Also, I have yet to spend a dime, and it plays well.  I am able to get a few booster packs a day, and have utterly beat the pants off some people.
    If your familiar with MTG, the most inconspicuous cards, if teamed with the right cards can be devastating!

they start you off with about 12 prebuilt decks, that are good in there own right, and just adding a few cards or removing a few can make them very potent.

Still being a card game.. its still luck of the draw.
    Outside of that, there is no playing against the computer.

MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Magic the Gathering Beta 2018/05/23 16:23:48 (permalink)
    Slimshiesty
    So you both have never played the MTG Arena beta? That would have been key to criticize it.
    If you could but individual cards, i could see this as more play to win, but with the introduction of wild cards, that can become whatever card you want..i dont see it so much like that.

Also, I have yet to spend a dime, and it plays well.  I am able to get a few booster packs a day, and have utterly beat the pants off some people.
    If your familiar with MTG, the most inconspicuous cards, if teamed with the right cards can be devastating!

they start you off with about 12 prebuilt decks, that are good in there own right, and just adding a few cards or removing a few can make them very potent.

If you've played one card game you've played them all especially the digital ones which again simply exist to take advantage of idiots that don't realize they are the ones being played.
    Slimshiesty
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Magic the Gathering Beta 2018/05/24 14:42:14 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    Slimshiesty

If you've played one card game you've played them all especially the digital ones which again simply exist to take advantage of idiots that don't realize they are the ones being played.

Guess that would go the same for any game out there, if you played one war,card,fps,mmo, rpg game.. you have played them all.
    I can see now why you dont care for it, even though you never played it.

Im the same way, i can read the last page of a book and know entirely what happened.. no need to spend money on the book... they are all the same.
    Although i do appreciate your criticism of the game.

I do hate to play games that make you pay for content.  Good thing you dont have to buy anything with MtG Arena.

MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile