EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Z370 Micro Build Experience

Author
Z.Raje
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/16 09:00:07 (permalink)
As the title suggests, I recently picked up the Z370 Micro for a new build. I got it at an awesome price and really enjoy the simple aesthetics of the board. The building process was relatively straightforward, but there were a couple, albeit minor, issues.

The first, and arguably the easiest to dismiss issue is the lack of instructions on how to assemble the Wi-Fi module. Most builders probably plan on using a wired network, but EVGA included the Wi-Fi module to give us more options. Considering this is an mAtx board, there will be portable builds and wired network may not always be available when traveling. Kudos to EVGA for including the Wi-Fi module, but complete assembly instructions would be appreciated.

The second problem I ran into was connecting the 8-pin 12v CPU power cable. The heatsink on the VRM is close enough to the motherboard's 12v CPU connector that it prevents the PSU's cable from being properly seated into the housing. To fix this, I had to remove the VRM heatsink via two small screws, properly seat the cable in the housing, then reattach the heatsink. Everything is fine now, and no more crooked cable.

Despite that, everything else was a breeze. The lack of instructions and crooked connector was disheartening at first, but was easy to figure out. Did anyone else experience trouble during the build process with their Z370 Micro?

Let me know what you think!

-Z.

***EDIT*** Fixed grammar and added photos. Ignore the not-so-finely aged GTX 660 SC, was being used as a placeholder to determine compatibility of the CPU heatsink and GPU. Number 1. on the second image shows the 12v CPU connector askew, which is being ever so slightly pushed up by number 2. which is the VRM heatsink.
post edited by Z.Raje - 2018/05/16 10:12:25

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Z370 Micro Build Experience 2018/05/16 09:07:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Z.Raje 2018/05/16 10:16:32
Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Pictures would be a great addition.

Make your insights known to EVGA with this: Complaints and Suggestions

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Z.Raje
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Z370 Micro Build Experience 2018/05/16 09:20:40 (permalink)
That's a great suggestion! Being that I'm new here (member since 2013, first-time post), I wasn't certain where to go, but I was hopeful some community members would point me in the right direction.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile