Helpful ReplyPrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash

Author
IceFloes
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/12 02:30:27 (permalink)
Hello,
Opening the PrecisionX Mobile app on my laptop occasionally causes my whole system to freeze. Had no problems yesterday, but have had to restart 4-5 times today because of this. The app often requires multiple double clicks to open, and has crashed a couple times.
I have the SC17 1070 no g-sync. Updated by BIOS and PrecisionX Mobile 1.09 to the latest versions. 

Anyone have any suggestions? 
piratebot420
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/05/12 17:24:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby IceFloes 2018/05/12 20:11:40
Yeah i basically ran into the same situation with sc17 today after updating to windows 10 1803, i decided to update nvidia driver, precision x mobile and bios. my computer kept freezing after boot because i had precision set to run at start up. after googling i found a thread with others having the same issue. it seems to be a bios issue because even if you try to use an older version of precision x the problem persists. GG EVGA! all bios updates since spectre patching has been a mess. the last post i read from an evga team member was from 2 weeks ago and he said they were looking into it.

i have uninstalled precision x mobile for the time being and it has stopped the freeze ups.
IceFloes
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/05/12 20:13:25 (permalink)
piratebot420
Yeah i basically ran into the same situation with sc17 today after updating to windows 10 1803, i decided to update nvidia driver, precision x mobile and bios. my computer kept freezing after boot because i had precision set to run at start up. after googling i found a thread with others having the same issue. it seems to be a bios issue because even if you try to use an older version of precision x the problem persists. GG EVGA! all bios updates since spectre patching has been a mess. the last post i read from an evga team member was from 2 weeks ago and he said they were looking into it.

i have uninstalled precision x mobile for the time being and it has stopped the freeze ups.

Thank you so much for your reply! I've uninstalled precision as well. I guess we'll just have to wait until evga sorts it all out ;/ 
DarkLordGaseous
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/06/02 01:18:25 (permalink)
I too had to uninstall PXM NVIDIA needs to stress test that software big time. Its probably burnt up several laptops already and caused multiple RMAs My particular experience(I have the 1070 4k gsync laptop) was PXM always overclocking and turning off the fans. So it was overheating my laptop causing it to slow down to a halt. Sure was quiet though without those fans running...… I found out there is some young guy from India that's working on making laptops quieter by causing the fans to run slower or turn off... Has anyone explained to him that gaming laptops run very hot and need as much cooling as possible?
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/06/02 06:09:04 (permalink)
DarkLordGaseous
I too had to uninstall PXM. NVIDIA EVGA needs to stress test that software big time. Its probably burnt up several laptops already and caused multiple RMAs My particular experience(I have the 1070 4k gsync laptop) was PXM always overclocking and turning off the fans. So it was overheating my laptop causing it to slow down to a halt. Sure was quiet though without those fans running...… I found out there is some young guy from India that's working on making laptops quieter by causing the fans to run slower or turn off... Has anyone explained to him that gaming laptops run very hot and need as much cooling as possible?

Fixed that for you.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

DarkLordGaseous
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/06/04 04:29:51 (permalink)
Said Nvidia because after the Nvidia graphics driver update it got to the point where I could not have PXM on my laptop. Also said Nvidia because it was an Nvidia video that had the young man from India bragging about how quiet he made the fans. EVGA should let us manually control the fans until they update PXM. However I should always be able to choose between auto fan control and manual. I should also no matter what be able to see my fans running or not and their speeds. 6 months of this indicates someone at EVGA does not want to fix the problem. Instead they want the end user to figure out the issue and fix it themselves...
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: PrecisionX Mobile causing SC17 to crash 2018/06/04 12:25:31 (permalink)
DarkLordGaseous
Said Nvidia because after the Nvidia graphics driver update it got to the point where I could not have PXM on my laptop.

No one told you that you have to update your NVIDIA graphics driver.  I update mine once or twice a year.  I only update mine when I find a reason that I need to update -- either a feature isn't working or a new game/application requires a newer driver.
Uninstall Geforce Experience and you will see much fewer updates and much less nag.

Also said Nvidia because it was an Nvidia video that had the young man from India bragging about how quiet he made the fans.

The heatsink, fans, and fan profile was designed by EVGA, not NVIDIA. The fan profile is inside EVGA's BIOS.  You can access the fan control within EVGA's BIOS if you unlock the BIOS.  Not NVIDIA's fault.

Precision X Mobile is the problem, not NVIDIA's graphics drivers.  Therefore, it is EVGA's problem, not NVIDIA's.  MSI Afterburner works fine (for what it supports), therefore it is proven that NVIDIA's graphics drivers are not the problem.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile