RMA Gone Wrong

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
WeGone
  • Total Posts : 86
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2018/04/25 07:16:04 (permalink)
So last May 2017 I bought one of the first 400-HY-5388-B1  (Relpaced by 400-HY-5398-B1) EVGA GTX TITAN X (Pascal) / GTX 1080 Ti FE HYBRID kits for my 1080 TI FE card.
I worked great until around Feb of this year, than started having overheating issues I worked with EVGA until this month to resolve the issues than it failed completely. An RMA was started. I read the RMA instructions and returned the complete kit as I had no idea what may be bad. I received in return just a pump/radiator and fan? Wow how was I going to mount this back to the card with out the kit?

Now the fun starts, I contacted EVGA and was told I should learn to read that the RMA states do not return accessory's.
1. I returned everything as I have no idea what was bad.
2. I bought a complete kit not a pump and accessory's. In my eyes the kit included everything.   
3, After many call and e-mails was told I would receive a new complete kit and a return label for the pump/fan and radiator. 

So today I get a call stating that would not happen instead they would find some parts to send so I could put things back together. My RMA was also closed with none of this noted nor and e-mail stating this. So as I stand now I have no proof of anything or if or when they may send any or all the parts needed to reinstall.
post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 08:51:04

Asus Maximus VIII Alpha/Corsair Dominator 32gb/I7 6700K/Samsung 850 EVO 500/ Seagate ES.3 2TB/Swiftech 240rad/Plus 480 remote radiator 2nd pump and seasonic 650 PS. /Evga GTX 1080 ti fe hybrid/Evga Supernova 750w PS/Asus PG279Q/Cooler Master Storm Stryker case/ CM HAF converted to remote Radiator Box. Dell AW3418DW
Affiliate code QFRAG8O025

42 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 08:10:29 (permalink)
    WeGone
    So last May 2017 I bought one of the first 400-HY-5388-B1  (Relpaced by 400-HY-5398-B1) EVGA GTX TITAN X (Pascal) / GTX 1080 Ti FE HYBRID kits for my 1080 TI FE card.
    I worked great until around Feb of this year, than started having overheating issues I worked with EVGA until this month to resolve the issues than it failed completely. An RMA was started. I read the RMA instructions and returned the complete kit as I had no idea what may be bad. I received in return just a pump/radiator and fan? Wow how was I going to mount this back to the card with out the kit?

Now the fun starts, I contacted EVGA and was told I should learn to read that the RMA states do not return accessory's.
    1. I returned everything as I have no idea what was bad.
    2. I bought a complete kit not a pump and accessory's. In my eyes the kit included everything.   
    3, After many call and e-mails was told I would receive a new complete kit and a return label for the pump/fan and radiator. 

So today I get a call stating that would not happen instead they would find some parts to send so I could put things back together. My RMA was also closed with none of this noted nor and e-mail stating this. So as I stand now I have no proof of anything or if or when they may send any or all the parts needed to reinstall.

I'd call EVGA back and get some confirmation by email. You do have proof of what they said they would do regarding sending you the kit right? Any how, we can't do anything. I'd go up the chain instead of dealing with tech support.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 08:50:39 (permalink)
    They admitted over the phone they would send a new kit, but had changed there minds to just parts if they could find them. It will be hard to sell just the pump/radiator and fan without the kit. If you do a search here there were many issues with the original kit and was why they discontinued it and it was replaced with the newer kit.

I realize no one here can help, just hoping others will learn something about what they claim are accessory items  even thou these parts are a part of the kit and not listed as accessory's in the kit. At this point I my have no option but except the loss. and look for a true water block to add to my loop.  
    post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 08:54:29

Asus Maximus VIII Alpha/Corsair Dominator 32gb/I7 6700K/Samsung 850 EVO 500/ Seagate ES.3 2TB/Swiftech 240rad/Plus 480 remote radiator 2nd pump and seasonic 650 PS. /Evga GTX 1080 ti fe hybrid/Evga Supernova 750w PS/Asus PG279Q/Cooler Master Storm Stryker case/ CM HAF converted to remote Radiator Box. Dell AW3418DW
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 09:07:17 (permalink)

Oh damn that sucks. I have the Titan X (pascal) and managed to snag one of the hybrid kits after waiting well over 8 months. It makes a HUGE difference to the Titan, but I believe EVGA only made a very limited run of that model since the Titan X (Pascal) was only sold by NVidia, so that might explain them having problems replacing it. Hope it works out for you. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 09:37:29 (permalink)
    WeGone
    They admitted over the phone they would send a new kit, but had changed there minds to just parts if they could find them. It will be hard to sell just the pump/radiator and fan without the kit. If you do a search here there were many issues with the original kit and was why they discontinued it and it was replaced with the newer kit.

I realize no one here can help, just hoping others will learn something about what they claim are accessory items  even thou these parts are a part of the kit and not listed as accessory's in the kit. At this point I my have no option but except the loss. and look for a true water block to add to my loop.  

I think if you keep pestering EVGA, they will make it right. Also, it may also serve to help them to clarify and if needed, fix the RMA process for that item. Too my way of thinking, instructions need to simple enough to be followed by the average 6th grader.  They have to account for the brilliant among us and...the not so brilliant.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 09:58:49 (permalink)
    I agree, what I perceive when reading something may not be what others perceive. To me parts in a kit are just that and not accessory's, accessory's are something you would by in addition to the kit. The first part is what I bought a PRODUCT. I was also told the issue could be from the fan/blower/pump/backing plate short etc... so why would I not sent it all back? And why close my RMA if they are not done? Its as if it did not exist at all. 

"-Keep all your accessories as you will only be receiving a product in return.-
    Please do not send in the following: Power Cables, Power Cords, Posters, Games, T-shirts, I/O Shields, I/O Covers, CPU cooler Adapters and Brackets, Adjustment Tool, Weights, DVI to VGA Adapters, HDMI adapters, DMS cables, Low-Profile Brackets, Case Badges, CLC mounting hardware/bracket/backplate, Hybrid cooler shroud/mounting hardware, Graphics Card Backplates that were purchased separately as an accessory or given through a promotion, Stickers, Manuals, CD's and original box packaging."

Have contacted everyone I can at EVGA at this point. 

The card itself is fine it was ruled out as an issue as soon as I removed the HYbred KIT and replaced the air cooler KIT.
    post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 10:05:38

Athian
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 352
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 10:06:15 (permalink)
    If the ticket is closed, open a new one and reference the ticket. Also, put in it that you spoke with someone and that they stated they would be sending you a new kit. Personally, I do not like to call as things said do not always make it to the notes. But, if they did their job right. It should be notated that they would be sending you a new one. He should have not said it that they would be sending you whatever they could find or piece together. Good luck, I have had to RMA 2 things and they were exceptional. That being said, they are not perfect. I would give them another shot. Just explain the situation and as frustrating as it may be. I find that being kind and polite makes the rep want to help you and make sure you have a good experience. I imagine this happens more than they would like and if I was in their shoes. I would have mentioned it just in case.

My 2 cents.
    post edited by Athian - 2018/04/25 10:15:23
    WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 10:40:00 (permalink)
    Ok on the phone with EVGA now, was told there was no kit that would work with my GTX1080 TI FE. I told them to check your site why do you list kit will fit. Said they will call me back.
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC HYBRID Waterblock Cooler, Cooling, 400-HY-5598-B1

I also ask why did you not send the "accessory's" as you call them back with the new pump? as the pump itself is not usable stand alone?  
    post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 10:42:55

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 10:58:31 (permalink)
    Moving thread to evga warranty questions subsection.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 11:29:37 (permalink)
    it’s best to talk to EVGA and let them know the issue. They try hard to make customers happy so while you might be frustrated now keep in mind the staff will try to help as best as they can. Just contact them and let them know what the other support told you and say you are just trying to confirm with them since the ticket was closed. Also I know while it’s easy to get frustrated with staff keep in mind the people you are dealing with are humans and just doing a job so try to be nice with them since people who are rude ideally are the ones who don’t have things go the way they want or worse have support refuse to deal with them in the case of swearing.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 13:42:54 (permalink)
    Hoggle,

Thank you for your reply. I have no issues with EVGA staff as they are only following protocol and I fully understand this is not a personal issue with how they have responded to my issue. In fact I thank them for being very professional, At this point I am waiting for a requested e-mail outlining my next option.  I will update this thread when I see what will happen next.

Steve
    post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 13:44:10

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 15:18:17 (permalink)
    I may be misunderstanding, but in your post about accessories, you have it listed not to send any parts for mounting the hybrid kit.

Did you send those parts in? If the pump is the only issue, and you sent only the pump in, then the pump should be replaced.

If you sent all of the accessories in, the parts you listed, then it makes it more difficult for evga to replace those. Even if they tell you they may send out a brand new kit, you still don’t send in the accessories.

WeGone
    I agree, what I perceive when reading something may not be what others perceive. To me parts in a kit are just that and not accessory's, accessory's are something you would by in addition to the kit. The first part is what I bought a PRODUCT. I was also told the issue could be from the fan/blower/pump/backing plate short etc... so why would I not sent it all back? And why close my RMA if they are not done? Its as if it did not exist at all. 

"-Keep all your accessories as you will only be receiving a product in return.-
    Please do not send in the following: Hybrid cooler shroud/mounting hardware, Graphics Card Backplates that were purchased separately as an accessory or given through a promotion, Stickers, Manuals, CD's and original box packaging."

Have contacted everyone I can at EVGA at this point. 

The card itself is fine it was ruled out as an issue as soon as I removed the HYbred KIT and replaced the air cooler KIT.
    WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/25 16:46:17 (permalink)
     ...... I'm not A service tech I had no idea what was creating the overheating. What if it was not just a bad pump? What if the backing plate did have an issue shorting out something? What if the blower was bad? So I sent it all back to be tested and fixed. After the fact EVGA came up with the statement why did I send it all back...They told me it could be creating the issue. If the parts were not found to be bad why not just repair what was and send it all back???
    Did you read this. 
    I was also told the issue could be from the fan/blower/pump/backing plate short etc... so why would I not sent it all back? 
    post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/25 17:03:17

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 05:19:29 (permalink)
    So I got another return call from EVGA, They agreed to send a new Hybrid Kit but claim they are out of stock and it will be 3-4 weeks, I agreed that would be fine. Funny thing is they are in stock and can be ordered on the web site. I also ask again for an e-mail outlining this. NO e-mail and my RMA remains closed and complete.  

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 08:39:32 (permalink)
    No, you aren’t a service tech, but you can read. The issue is usually the pump. If backplates were shorting it wouldn’t matter what cooler was attached.

It’s good to hear they are sending a new kit this time. In the future, follow the RMA instructions verbatim. Why, because the RMA department inspects the old items, they do NOTrepair anything, they grab a replacement, and send it out.

When they grab the replacement, they only send back the piece being replaced, not a whole kit typically. You can justify it however you want. But the instructions were in front of you and you acknowledge that you didn’t follow them. This is a learning experience and fault cannot be placed on anyone else, ever. Always follow the instructions verbatim. If you feel like you need clarification because you don’t understand something, Stop... email the company, get clarification. Follow what they tell you. If they stress to follow the instructions, then do that, don’t blame anyone else if you read them, ignore them, and then get bad results. Putting text in a different colors doesn’t make you correct. It just stresses that you didn’t listen. Sorry about your experience, but hopefully this is a good learning experience.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/04/26 09:01:36
    WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:00:32 (permalink)
    Ok so I understand this was all my fault for following the phone advice of the tech I had been working with for many weeks.
    Does this satisfy your need to belittle me for following thur with what I perceived they wanted me to return regardless of what the RMA said. 

If the parts that are included in a kit are accessory's  Why sell it as a kit? Maybe they should state we are also including all these extra installation parts as accessory's. 

Your point have been made. You were not present at any of these conversations with EVGA so please move on.

post edited by WeGone - 2018/04/26 09:02:41

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:00:34 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    No, you aren’t a service tech, but you can read. The issue is usually the pump. If backplates were shorting it wouldn’t matter what cooler was attached.

It’s good to hear they are sending a new kit this time. In the future, follow the RMA instructions verbatim. Why, because the RMA department inspects the old items, they do NOTrepair anything, they grab a replacement, and send it out.

When they grab the replacement, they only send back the piece being replaced, not a whole kit typically. You can justify it however you want. But the instructions were in front of you and you acknowledge that you didn’t follow them. This is a learning experience and fault cannot be placed on anyone else, ever. Always follow the instructions verbatim. If you feel like you need clarification because you don’t understand something, Stop... email the company, get clarification. Follow what they tell you. If they stress to follow the instructions, then do that, don’t blame anyone else if you read them, ignore them, and then get bad results.

...and if you are unsure of any procedures you are always welcome to contact EVGA tech support...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:02:39 (permalink)
    WeGone
    Ok so I understand this was all my fault for following the phone advice of the tech I had been working with for many weeks.
    Does this satisfy your need to belittle me for following thur with what I perceived they wanted me to return regardless of what the RMA said. 

If the parts that are included in a kit are accessory's  Why sell it as a kit? May they should state we are also including all these extra installation parts as accessory's. 

Follow the instructions. That isn’t belittling. Get over it. Learn from it.
    WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:06:30 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    WeGone

If the parts that are included in a kit are accessory's  Why sell it as a kit? May they should state we are also including all these extra installation parts as accessory's. 

Follow the instructions. That isn’t belittling. Get over it. Learn from it.

So who's instruction Tech or RMA ????

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:14:08 (permalink)
    RMA. Support is just a guy at a computer. Always follow the RMA instructions, they come directly from EVGA, not a support tech located off site.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:15:39 (permalink)
    Call evga and ask to speak to a supervisor about this issue. They should be understanding about this, sometimes customers get confused on what not to send in.  If the supervisor gives you the run around, email Chrisb@evga.com  to report the poor customer service. 

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:20:29 (permalink)
    Some of the e-mails
    Hello Steve,

Thank you for providing this information for me. I looked into this situation for you as for my findings, it may be a misreading in Aida64. There’s no actual temp DIODE that is directly in the GPU so there could be an offset there. However, just to cover all of our bases, sometimes during installation of the hybrid kit, it may be shorting outa component on the card that may be causing you to have this issue so I would recommend try testing with the stock cooler on the card just to  rule out the hybrid kit causing this issue.

Hello Steve,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. This was mishandled and will follow-up with techs you’ve spoken to. This RMA should have been marked as Brand New In Box unit when received. I understand the issues you were receiving and have marked your account for special case and review. I will be setting up an Advanced RMA (EAR) to get a brand new in box unit to you. Here’s a link to our EAR (www.evga.com/support/EAR). It will require you to put a credit card on hold as we will be sending you a brand new in box product first. The packaging will include a prepaid shipping label for you to send back the replacement that was sent to you. No charges will be made (except a 1 dollar test authorization which will drop out of your account after a few business days) unless you do not return a product, then you will be charged the FULL MSRP. Once again, I do apologize about the inconveniences that you’re receiving at this time. We’ll go ahead and get this started for you. You will be receiving a series of emails. The first email is just a confirmation that your request has been received. The second email will have a link alongside with instructions on how to proceed forward. The replacement, once shipped, will have a tracking number attached and emailed to you. Please let me know if you have any further questions, I will be following up with you personally.

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 09:28:30 (permalink)
    MSim
    Call evga and ask to speak to a supervisor about this issue. They should be understanding about this, sometimes customers get confused on what not to send in.  If the supervisor gives you the run around, email Chrisb@evga.com  to report the poor customer service. 

Thank You, this whole RMA process has been confusing to say the least. EVGA I'm sure is doing there best to sort it out. Just waiting on an e-mail confirming what I was told in the above e-mail. 

I have RMAed many things over the past 28+ years building PC's to this point they all wanted everything back and sent a replacement. with the exception of  Logitech they just sent out a replacement based on the issue and said keep the bad product we don't need it back! 

MvdL79
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 550
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 11:20:06 (permalink)
    Didn't post in a very long time, because simply I am buying less computer components nowadays (unlike before). Actually started to have some more spare time, so recently purchased several products once again and mainly EVGA.

I was under the impression that EVGA was the same bad ass company of a few years ago. But, boy was I wrong. My GTX 1080 Ti stopped working (purchased earlier this year) and created a support ticket. This already took several days to be answered. The RMA acceptance even took longer.

And just an hour ago, I received an email that they said that the screws were hold together by some glue? Really? As you might understand I send back a furious message if this was some kind of joke. I didn't think it was funny. But maybe there are some jokers working at EVGA nowadays?

Anyways, depending on the outcome, this might be the last time I bought an EVGA product in general. Nor will I recommend anyone anymore to buy EVGA. Sorry, but I really don't know what changed at EVGA. It used to be an excellent company which didn't provide problems at any time and emails/support tickets were answered always fast. Seems the complete opposite nowadays.

I am starting to read a lot of horror stories as of late about EVGA. Maybe because I started to dive into it. But for example take the (unbiased) thread on Overclock (called "EVGA Now Rejecting RMA for SLI or PCI-E Finger / Connector Wear"). Oh my... Such kind of stories were never to be found about EVGA just a couple of years ago.

Kinda makes me sad, because EVGA was special because of it's excellent service. But as it now appears, it's just another one in the bunch.

As it turns out now, it would have been faster to deal with. Amazon doesn't make a fuss, but I took notice of the "nice" blue card in the box stating "Do not return the card to the store".
    Blah, blah, blah.

I alwasy fancied EVGA products and even thought about getting one of their new cases, but I will hold back on that one, given my current experience obviously.

Guess I will be screwed as well. Oh well. If I ever get the card back, I will just send it back to Amazon and let them replace it, as I should have done the first place.
    But if this happens, I will for sure never buy an EVGA product again! I have learned my lesson (money down the drain).

But maybe I am mistaken, who knows. But I am getting kinda angry about how things are going currently; support tickets being answered taking a long time. RMA taking a long time and now this BS. Always use Amazon nowadays. EVGA isn't what it used to be.... Clearly.

//edit

Just noticed how long I have been a forum member (2008) and been an EVGA customer way before that.
    And this is the treatment you get? Shame on you EVGA!
    post edited by MvdL79 - 2018/04/26 11:22:19
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 11:42:22 (permalink)
    MvdL79
    Didn't post in a very long time, because simply I am buying less computer components nowadays (unlike before). Actually started to have some more spare time, so recently purchased several products once again and mainly EVGA.

I was under the impression that EVGA was the same bad ass company of a few years ago. But, boy was I wrong. My GTX 1080 Ti stopped working (purchased earlier this year) and created a support ticket. This already took several days to be answered. The RMA acceptance even took longer.

And just an hour ago, I received an email that they said that the screws were hold together by some glue? Really? As you might understand I send back a furious message if this was some kind of joke. I didn't think it was funny. But maybe there are some jokers working at EVGA nowadays?

Anyways, depending on the outcome, this might be the last time I bought an EVGA product in general. Nor will I recommend anyone anymore to buy EVGA. Sorry, but I really don't know what changed at EVGA. It used to be an excellent company which didn't provide problems at any time and emails/support tickets were answered always fast. Seems the complete opposite nowadays.

I am starting to read a lot of horror stories as of late about EVGA. Maybe because I started to dive into it. But for example take the (unbiased) thread on Overclock (called "EVGA Now Rejecting RMA for SLI or PCI-E Finger / Connector Wear"). Oh my... Such kind of stories were never to be found about EVGA just a couple of years ago.

Kinda makes me sad, because EVGA was special because of it's excellent service. But as it now appears, it's just another one in the bunch.

As it turns out now, it would have been faster to deal with. Amazon doesn't make a fuss, but I took notice of the "nice" blue card in the box stating "Do not return the card to the store".
    Blah, blah, blah.

I alwasy fancied EVGA products and even thought about getting one of their new cases, but I will hold back on that one, given my current experience obviously.

Guess I will be screwed as well. Oh well. If I ever get the card back, I will just send it back to Amazon and let them replace it, as I should have done the first place.
    But if this happens, I will for sure never buy an EVGA product again! I have learned my lesson (money down the drain).

But maybe I am mistaken, who knows. But I am getting kinda angry about how things are going currently; support tickets being answered taking a long time. RMA taking a long time and now this BS. Always use Amazon nowadays. EVGA isn't what it used to be.... Clearly.

//edit

Just noticed how long I have been a forum member (2008) and been an EVGA customer way before that.
    And this is the treatment you get? Shame on you EVGA!

Did you buy the card new from EVGA / Amazon / Newegg? Did you open the card up or remove backplate or do anything to it in any way (other than install it as received)? If yes to the first and no to the second, then that means EVGA assembled it with glue? O.o

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

MvdL79
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 550
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 13:52:13 (permalink)
    Card was new from Amazon. Bought it 3 months ago. Didn't do anything special with it.

Should have used the RMA with Amazon. Faster and no issues.

//edit

EVGA said it was or looks like glue. They didn't respond back to my emails telling them if they were serious.
    post edited by MvdL79 - 2018/04/26 13:53:23
    somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 16:53:44 (permalink)
    WeGone
    I have RMAed many things over the past 28+ years building PC's to this point they all wanted everything back and sent a replacement. 

Say what???? Find me one company that has that policy. No RMA I have ever done has wanted the accessories back. Your quote about accessories literally calls out not to send "Hybrid cooler shroud/mounting hardware", and none of the emails you posted indicate anything about sending those parts in. Your inability to see your own responsibility in this is silly.

WeGone
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 17:31:20 (permalink)
    WOW Learn to read post #16 I said it was my fault for misinterpreting what an EVGA phone tech told me. So if you guys are going to continue to call me me an idiot do so.. But no one ask you to reply to this just to make yourself feel better.

So you point is now logged with the others you feel better!  

somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 21:28:14 (permalink)
    WeGone
    WOW Learn to read post #16 I said it was my fault for misinterpreting what an EVGA phone tech told me. So if you guys are going to continue to call me me an idiot do so.. 

No one has called you an idiot in this thread. Yes I saw your post #16 but come on, that's hardly acknowledging your role in this and still passive aggressive about how it's the EVGA phone tech's fault and how kits don't have accessories.
    And the post I responded to has you claiming all RMAs want accessories, when I know of none that do and it's easy to find countless examples of RMA language saying don't send accessories from all kinds of companies. 
    Complaining about EVGA when they are going above and beyond to rectify the mistake you made seems spiteful to me. As the_Scarlet_one said, it was a mistake, learn from it.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: RMA Gone Wrong 2018/04/26 21:29:57 (permalink)
    somethingc00l
    WeGone
    I have RMAed many things over the past 28+ years building PC's to this point they all wanted everything back and sent a replacement. 

Say what???? Find me one company that has that policy. No RMA I have ever done has wanted the accessories back. Your quote about accessories literally calls out not to send "Hybrid cooler shroud/mounting hardware", and none of the emails you posted indicate anything about sending those parts in. Your inability to see your own responsibility in this is silly.

The customer probably read do not send back accessories, but his brain thought he was sending the product back to a retailer, that caused him to send the accessories back too. This is a good chance for evga to show off it's customer service.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile