EVGA

When are we going to get a quality release of XOC?

Author
scafidmjevga
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/11 08:46:07 (permalink)
It's downright atrocious that 6.2.4 and 6.2.5 were shipped the way they were. Bugs happen, but for god's sake bugs like the fans not spinning up should be caught in automated or manual testing. Why is XOC (and flow control, but that rant is for a different time) so insufferably bad?

With XOC right now, regardless if updated or clean installed:

It does not start up automatically, no matter how many different rituals (checking the box to start up with Windows and quitting, checking the box and changing something and hitting apply, re-installing, etc) that a user should not have to follow, are attempted. If I use task scheduler to start up XOC at startup, it launches like it should, but does not carry any previously stored settings.

The fans do not automatically spin up, again, regardless of ritual stated above. I have to manually hit "fan curve".

The fan curve applied is always "custom", regardless of what selection I have made. I prefer the aggressive curve for my Hybrid, yet every time I hit fan curve, it's always "custom".

I like the popout for the system information graphs. Unfortunately it tracks nowhere near as much as afterburner, and, as is routine with XOC, my selections do not stick. I have to manually tell XOC at every launch what I want it to track. It always loads defaults.

Some of this is basic stuff that has been in Afterburner without issue for ages. Corsair's beta iCUE software is lightyears ahead of XOC and Flow Control.

I'm a fanboy of EVGA. I tell everyone to buy EVGA everything. The amount of money EVGA has gotten from my direct suggestions to hundreds of employees is not a small amount. But this software in it's current and continuing state will singlehandedly deter me from buying anything EVGA unless EVGA commits actual attention and resources to it's software, because IT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE HARDWARE.

I'm sorry for coming off a little harsh, but I literally manage software releases for a software company and CANNOT BELIEVE the back to back broken nature of XOC 6.2.4 and 6.2.5.

9 Replies Related Threads

Halph Pint
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/11 09:05:12 (permalink)
    Yeah the fact that you have to MANUALLY set the all the power nodes in order for the fans to even spin up is ridiculous. Thank GOD I was running OSD right after I installed it or Rise of the Tomb Raider would have shot my temps through the roof....hit 80 degrees within a minute. Cant imagine someone who just bought this card, fires up PUBG without knowing you have to set the power nodes in order for XOC to run the FAN. 
    CriticalHit_NL
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 404
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/11 12:25:34 (permalink)
    EVGA is currently aiming to correct the issues that people have been experiencing.
    EVGA Precision XOC V6.2.4 and V6.2.5 are currently pulled from download.

Everyone makes mistakes, even companies such as EVGA, but I understand the frustration.

i7 3930K 4.4Ghz - EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 - 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1866 - Asus Sabertooth X79 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 860 Pro 2TB - 3x HGST 7K4000 Deskstar 4TB - 3x HGST Ultrastar He10 8TB - Corsair AX1200i - Asus PG279Q + BenQ BL2411 - Razer Viper Mini/SBF98 - Logitech Z906 & G35 - Windows 10 Professional

desini
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/13 13:54:42 (permalink)
    This is 100% spot on they are working on it the best they can guys. I am helping EVGA_JacobF in his post about the Beta 6.2.5.1. Im spending my OWN time trying to help out the best i can if and when they need it. Critical is right no one or anything is perfect bugs happen...Is it frustrating you bet it is as i JUST bought a 1080Ti iCX cause my 780Ti ACX had a circuit blow. So for now just try and do it manually until they get things figured out.
    CriticalHit_NL
    EVGA is currently aiming to correct the issues that people have been experiencing.
    EVGA Precision XOC V6.2.4 and V6.2.5 are currently pulled from download.

Everyone makes mistakes, even companies such as EVGA, but I understand the frustration.

flaviossa
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/14 04:45:58 (permalink)
    We all know that EVGA is fixing the issue. And thanks for that. I think the point scafidmjevga is trying to make is how a big company like EVGA MISS a big issue like this? Fan not spinning can create BIG issues for many people. I managed to see that they were not spinning in the first time i executed XOC. Why EVGA wasn´t able to see that too before release? That´s a mistery to me.
    brinkster100
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/21 16:37:05 (permalink)
    Are They? Because I have issues with XOC, DG Tuner. Evga unleash and flow control. How the heck does this happen? I really like the actual items, but the software is horrible. If I new it was gonna be this bad I woulda spent my 3k elsewhere.
    joridiculous
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/22 06:24:24 (permalink)
    I find it stupid you have to rely on (3rd party) software for the graphics card to operate as it should, with Fans speeding up when the cards getting hotter.
    XOC doesnt even work. I had it set to "aggressive" fan speed. PC hardlocks after a short'ish game session and card is "melting" hot, One fan is barely spinning the two other not at all.

Went back to trusted MSI Afterburner. Same fan-setting-> can game for Hours and ALL three fans speed up and slow down as temp are rising falling.

Bye Bye XOC.
    paco7320
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/22 06:33:46 (permalink)
    Whenever I have OSD enabled there is a flashing bar down the right side of my monitor in games. I also had the fan no spinning problem but unlike OP I didn't catch it before I started a game and I'm sure my temps went through the roof because it locked up elite dangerous a few minutes into play. I noticed it when I got the game closed and went in to check my settings that the fan bars were all at the bottom even though I had it set to auto/aggressive.
    The flashing bar started afterwords. I have video of it but I don't know how to upload it on here.
    This is my first EVGA purchase and my first team green purchase. I've always been an Asus guy. I'm hoping I didn't damage my card. As long as I keep OSD off the bar isn't there. I agree that setting the fans manually is a pain and I don't think AB is an option because I have the 1080ti FTW3 hybrid and I think I remember reading that it won't control both fans so I'm pretty much stuck with XOC.
    If anyone can tell me how to post the video on here I'd be happy to do it if it helps the devs sort this out.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/22 12:08:00 (permalink)
    paco7320
    Whenever I have OSD enabled there is a flashing bar down the right side of my monitor in games.

It's called fcat overlay. You can disabled it inside the osd settings menu.
    paco7320
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: When are we going to get a quality release of XOC? 2018/04/22 13:00:27 (permalink)
    Thank you!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile