Z270 Classified K - Post Code Confusion

Author
eTOtheHIZZO
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/19 14:06:24 (permalink)
Hello,

I installed new RAM (G.SKILL F4-3600C17Q-32GVK), and now my system won't boot. The GPU lights never turn on, and the system doesn't register with the monitor, as if it isn't there at all. The post codes on my MB are:

4C - OEM post memory initialization codes
28 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
2C - Memory initialization. Memory presence detection
C - CPU Error
0d - Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes (Detail: A quick jump to 0D and halt typically indicates a corrupted BIOS file. If you have more than one BIOS chip, switch to your alternate chip)
FF - Indicates a failure has occurred.
20 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
30 - Reserved for ASL (see ASL Status Codes section below)

This is way out of my pay grade. If anyone could give me any advice I would really, really, really appreciate it. 

3 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Z270 Classified K - Post Code Confusion 2018/04/19 18:46:22 (permalink)
    Hello eTOtheHIZZO! 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing inconveniences with your motherboard and your new memory. What I would recommend that you try to do would be to remove 3 sticks of memory and leaving 1 stick in DIMM slot 2. If you can go into BIOS go ahead and do so, go to the Memory Tab and select DIMM voltage. Set the voltage to 1.35V, save your settings and turn off the motherboard. Then reinstall all of your memory sticks onto the motherboard and check to see if that helped resolve your issue. Make sure to keep us posted 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Z270 Classified K - Post Code Confusion 2018/04/19 21:49:39 (permalink)
    Sounds like Intel's imc is not setting your memory up correctly. Did you enable xmp in the bios yet?

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Z270 Classified K - Post Code Confusion 2018/04/20 19:52:29 (permalink)
    may have to use a single memory stick of a different type to get into the bios and set parameters set.

---------------
    How  far are we away these day from getting into BIOS with no memory installed  on motherboards.

and

I guess on MB with removable BIOS chips the parameters are all stilled stored in another chip backed up by the battery so a special BIOS will not help ??

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile