A question about the RMA process in Europe

Author
SerpicoGames
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/05 03:40:17 (permalink)
Hi all,

I was wondering if some of you might be able to answer my questions regarding the RMA process, since this is completely new to me.

A small introduction:
I bought my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB card over a month ago through a trusted and well known reseller on Tweakers.net (a Dutch hardware-freak forum). After receiving the card, I immediately installed it in my rig. It didn't take too long until this happened: 
GTX 1080 FTW - Black screen & fans spin up to 100% -- I tried to link to a forum post, but somehow it doesn't work. 
My heart sunk to be honest. At first I thought I was scammed or the rest of my PC hardware was causing the issue. But after a quick search on google it turned out to be a known problem. So that is that.

Now I'm wondering: how long is the total RMA proces in Europe? From sending my card to EVGA and receiving a new one.

I'm a graphic design student with my own business that needs to stay up and running, so I can't be without a GPU for too long.
I've been told EVGA has one the best (if not THE single best) RMA policies when it comes to their hardware. This was the main reason for me to buy an EVGA card (along with the performance ofcourse).

Patiently awaiting your responses,

Jesse
post edited by SerpicoGames - 2018/04/05 05:50:04

5 Replies Related Threads

SerpicoGames
    Re: A question about the RMA process in Europe 2018/04/05 03:51:55 (permalink)
    For your information I have stated my hardware below:

Case: Fractal Design Define S
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00Ghz -
    Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition
    Power supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4 (3200Mhz) 16 GB
    Motherboard: MSI B250 PC Mate
    HD's: 128 GB SanDisk (SSD)
    1 TB Seagate (HD)
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: A question about the RMA process in Europe 2018/04/05 09:56:11 (permalink)
    Don't know how long the process will take, but your issue could be coming from the psu. Might want to try a different one to see if it helps or not.
    SerpicoGames
    Re: A question about the RMA process in Europe 2018/04/05 11:43:42 (permalink)
    Dear Sajin,

I have already tried using a different psu (650 watt cooler master from my brother). Also after testing I have concluded that I need ~ 397 watt at peaks. So that is not the issue.
    Will await reply on my RMA request. Thanks for your answer though :)

Kind regards,

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: A question about the RMA process in Europe 2018/04/06 21:32:13 (permalink)
    Hello,

We offer a couple RMA options in Europe which have different speeds in which you receive your replacement product. Our Standard RMA would require shipping/customs time to get the card delivered to our processing center, three (3) business days to process the RMA then shipping/customs time to get the card delivered back to you.

Our Advanced RMA ships a replacement card to you first (collateral deposit required) which ships out three (3) business days after the collateral is paid. 

Unfortunately it is hard to estimate how long shipping can take due to customs possibly delaying processing of items without notice. 

Everything is security. 
    SerpicoGames
    Re: A question about the RMA process in Europe 2018/04/07 06:34:06 (permalink)
    Hi there,

I have requested a Advanced RMA through a ticket. Will await the answer.
    Thanks for your information!

Best regards,
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile