EVGA

Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards [SOLVED]

Author
KillPixel
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/03/29 15:10:36 (permalink)
Hi there, long time EVGA fan here, currently on my 3rd card from you guys (not counting the recent string of replacements).  The primary reason I pay just a bit more and go with you guys is for the warranty, which I also extend when I register the part.  Here's my story, in brief:

Approximately 6 months ago my GTX 980 died and I issued an RMA.  The card took a while to arrive (not EVGA's fault; I was fleeing hurricane Irma and had to re-route the package).  The replacement card was artifacting right out of the box so I contacted the RMA department and they said my previous card was indeed faulty and they would take back the placement card on my word (that's not quoting anyone, that was just implied / my impression).

I've been on the second replacement since (which isn't blower style, which is what I originally purchased and what I prefer, though I understand being understocked of refurbished parts).  Recently, it's been behaving like the original card did before it eventually died; freezing, crashing and often failing to initialize upon startup.  I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps and then some.  No other card I own causes any issue in this system.  I'm currently sitting on an HD 6870 until I can resolve this.

My question is, is there any way, I or EVGA, can ensure the quality of replacement cards?  My job is at my computer and depends on a stable system and powerful GPU.  Also, all this RMA business gets to be a hassle and the cost adds up.  I understand things happen and I hope I'm being reasonable.  I just want a stable system and my piece of mind back.
post edited by KillPixel - 2018/04/28 15:35:17

5 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards 2018/03/29 15:57:38 (permalink)
    Hello and welcome to the forums! I apologize you have been having issues with your graphics cards. Having to do multiple RMA's is certainly unusual and I will be following up with you by e-mail to work with you on the issue.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    KillPixel
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards 2018/04/28 15:39:33 (permalink)
    UPDATE: Just wanted to report that EVGA has solved the issue and I'm satisfied.  The replacement card works well and is an upgrade from my previous model.  In the down-time, I've done a very thorough diagnostic of my PC (deep testing of each component) to make absolutely sure there isn't something else going on.  All hardware is a-ok and functioning normally (including gpu).  My regards to EVGA for taking care of this!
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards 2018/04/28 16:07:15 (permalink)

Glad to hear this.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    vvilliamm
    • Total Posts : 48
    Re: Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards 2018/04/29 13:34:41 (permalink)
    I recently received my replacement card in the brown/dark brown box and the card started artifacting. I'm hoping to rma this as well. Nice to see in the end you were able to receive a working card.
    post edited by vvilliamm - 2018/04/29 13:50:47
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Repeatedly Recieving Faulty Replacement Cards 2018/05/01 00:54:23 (permalink)
    I see that you have already contacted us about this and that we are working with you to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Everything is security. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile