LockedRMA denied because of "damage" to PCB

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/19 23:08:45 (permalink)
Breakthecycle2
So here is the UPDATE. After offering a 5% discount..FIVE PERCENT on a new replacement card and me sending a response. I have not heard back from Jaeson Wilda, now going on 4 days. I have filed a complaint with the BBB (yes for the most part it won't do anything, however, if more people compain, they will 100% do something). After sending numerous tweets to EVGA, somehow Newegg got involved ( the 4 cards I purchased were from them). In one day, they have done more for me than EVGA. They are aware of the "chipped PCB" and as a one time courtesy - Something EVGA SHOULD BE offering to me and anyone else that has spent a ton of money on their products, and appear to be accepting the card back and offering a replacement or store credit. They even gave me paid shipping label so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping again. I'm not 100% sold this is going to go as easy as it seems, but it's a start and took ONE DAY. 

Here is a pic of the damage. EVGA claims this was the cause of the "smoking and sparking" which is 100% BS. The chip doesn't extend to the contact points at all. They never once tried to determine the actual cause of this. They pulled out every single stop they could, to NOT do the right thing here.

At least Newegg cares about keeping customer, unlike EVGA these days. It doesn't matter at all if the S/N# is showing. No one can void the product warranty by having the S/N#. 

bcavnaugh
I Covered your Serial Number. 2 Days as the Weekends are not part of the Work Day.
Bummer,  "chipped PCB" is still Damage to the PCB, the "smoking and sparking" would have been under the Back Plate.
But it also looks like you are missing a Screw as well and even some stripped out screws.
Do you have a Photo of your Card Showing No Chip or Damage Before you sent it in for your RMA?

It's just a Serial Number, it's not the customers Social Security Number. It doesn't matter if it shows at all, anyone that knows the product S/N can't void the warranty on it.

It says a lot about how much you trust a company, if you feel people need to take pictures of the product, before sending it in for warranty service. 

JalenJade
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 03:36:53 (permalink)
I may be new here but why are you still here Msim? You just like to antagonize from the looks of things, you switch back and forth on if you're attacking or defending EVGA?

I've never sent expensive hardware anywhere without photos, be it a glass, a computer part or a book because if something happens in shipping it's easier to fight the insurance with photos.
Breakthecycle2
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 08:20:09 (permalink)
Im so done with EVGA. Still no response to my last email. I have know begun the process of selling every single piece of EVGA equipment I own. Everything. I'll switch back to my previous manufacturer I used to use. At least they stand by their products and actually work with customers. Let all these denied RMA's threads be a lesson for everyone. At the end of the day, their customer service is good, but they will 100% do anything they can to avoid actually take care of their customers. It's disgusting. I'm not some 16 year old kid complaining here. Im a grown adult who has never really been treated this way over a product that was ON FIRE. SMOKE!
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 08:53:00 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
I Covered your Serial Number. 2 Days as the Weekends are not part of the Work Day.
Bummer,  "chipped PCB" is still Damage to the PCB, the "smoking and sparking" would have been under the Back Plate.
But it also looks like you are missing a Screw as well and even some stripped out screws.
Do you have a Photo of your Card Showing No Chip or Damage Before you sent it in for your RMA?

+1.... that is almost the worst place to gouge your pcb since that is the connecting logic for the card and mobo. Its very layered and very sensitive, def not fixable. Pretty much anything you destroy the gold fingers on renders that part as garbage, whether its a gcard, ram, scard, etc... Def a bummer to see these picts.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 08:56:44 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

Don't know why it looks that way, but the screws are not stripped. When EVGA sent me back the box, there were 4 screws at the bottom of the box that "fell out". The whole thing is so fishy I don't know what to believe. all I know is, that card has zero damage when I sent it in.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 08:56:52 (permalink)
MSim

At least Newegg cares about keeping customer, unlike EVGA these days. It doesn't matter at all if the S/N# is showing. No one can void the product warranty by having the S/N#. 

bcavnaugh

It's just a Serial Number, it's not the customers Social Security Number. It doesn't matter if it shows at all, anyone that knows the product S/N can't void the warranty on it.

It says a lot about how much you trust a company, if you feel people need to take pictures of the product, before sending it in for warranty service.  

With All Due Respect MSim
You just have to find something to complain about or a dog word I cannot post.
It is a Best Practice here on the Forum Not to Post your Serial Numbers of your EVGA Products on a Public Website.
You seem to have it in for EVGA for your Own Reason and Sometime you do to Forum Members as Well.
This is Now the 3rd Time you have Trolled Me about Posting Serial Numbers here on the Forum.
I have my way you have your way, leave us alone with our ways.
I am Not EVGA I am Not Here to Bash EVGA or Put down any Forum Member for Working and Helping Out Forum Members.
I think it might be time to Stop Badgering Forum Members as well as EVGA here on EVGA's Forum.

Please Contact EVGA by Phone or one of the Contact Us Listed Below
You have over and over have made your Point here on the Forum and all you seem to do now is Push Push Push and I think it is time for you to Stop Pushing Forum Members and Leave us alone.
You may continue to Bash Push or Demean EVGA All You Want But Please Stop doing this To Forum Members and Derailing Threads with your Issues with EVGA. 

Contact Us

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/03/20 11:45:17

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 09:18:50 (permalink)
Personal Information - Do not post personal information (i.e. Product Serial Numbers, addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. This is to protect both the poster and the person who's information is revealed.

Whether you believe people will try to abuse serial numbers or not, it is explicitly wrote directly into the terms of service not to post them. If anyone has issues with someone trying to assist in correcting this, take it up with EVGA management and get it changed, otherwise you are wasting your time telling them not to cover up someone else’s serial number.

MSim, I agree no one will do anything with it, but BCav is correct in trying to help. This rule isn’t obscure, or hidden, or misleading... it is a direct rule that is easily understood and extremely hard to take out of context.

https://forums.evga.com/E...erms-of-Use-m4682.aspx

Even if the card is now out of warranty because of the damage, no matter how it happened or who caused it, the rules doesn’t change.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/03/20 09:21:00
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 09:20:31 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Personal Information - Do not post personal information (i.e. Product Serial Numbers, addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. This is to protect both the poster and the person who's information is revealed.

Whether you believe people will try to abuse serial numbers or not, it is explicitly wrote directly into the terms of service not to post them. If anyone has issues with someone trying to assist in correcting this, take it up with EVGA management and get it changed, otherwise you are wasting your time telling them not to cover up someone else’s serial number.

MSim, I agree no one will do anything with it, but BCav is correct in trying to help.

Thank you MSim and BCAV, you now have officially done more for me than EVGA!
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 13:29:52 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

With All Due Respect MSim
You just have to find something to complain about or a dog word I cannot post.
It is a Best Practice here on the Forum Not to Post your Serial Numbers of your EVGA Products on a Public Website.
You seem to have it in for EVGA for your Own Reason and Sometime you do to Forum Members as Well.
This is Now the 3rd Time you have Trolled Me about Posting Serial Numbers here on the Forum.
I have my way you have your way, leave us alone with our ways.
I am Not EVGA I am Not Here to Bash EVGA or Put down any Forum Member for Working and Helping Out Forum Members.
I think it might be time to Stop Badgering Forum Members as well as EVGA here on EVGA's Forum.

That's funny, you complaining about me, when you i see you all the time complaining about other members or something they do.
I'm not here to kiss a company backside. I will speak out when i think they aren't doing right by a customer or changed a policy that hurts customers etc. I speak out when other companies do the same thing.  

the_Scarlet_one

MSim, I agree no one will do anything with it, but BCav is correct in trying to help. This rule isn’t obscure, or hidden, or misleading... it is a direct rule that is easily understood and extremely hard to take out of context.

Even if the card is now out of warranty because of the damage, no matter how it happened or who caused it, the rules doesn’t change.

You failed to fully understand the rule you posted. without the express permission of the individual.  It was the OP who posted the image with the Serial Number, not some random member.  

post edited by MSim - 2018/03/20 13:40:50

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 13:37:42 (permalink)
MSim
the_Scarlet_one

You failed to fully understand the rule you posted. without the express permission of the individual.  It was the OP who posted the image with the Serial Number, not some random member.

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 13:45:21 (permalink)
MSim

Fair enough, lol. I have always read it as, “do not post serial numbers” so you are correct and I admit it.

I apologize. I will keep my nose out of that from now on, lol.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 13:46:43 (permalink)
I guess it is time to say screw this Forum.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/03/20 13:53:29

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 14:01:30 (permalink)
JalenJade
I may be new here but why are you still here Msim? You just like to antagonize from the looks of things, you switch back and forth on if you're attacking or defending EVGA?

I've never sent expensive hardware anywhere without photos, be it a glass, a computer part or a book because if something happens in shipping it's easier to fight the insurance with photos.

Why are you here? Let me guess you made the account only for the chance to win free stuff. I like how you called people whiners, because they don't want to jump through hoops to check product remaining warranty.

I remember when companies did more to keep customers, they wouldn't look for any excuse they can to not honor a product warranty. Consumers didn't have to take pictures before sending a product in for warranty service, because they don't trust the company to do the right thing. You have a tiny scratch or rub mark on the product, sorry the warranty is now void, doesn't matter if that didn't have ANYTHING to do with the product failing.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 14:13:51 (permalink)
Serial numbers shouldn't be posted on the forums. Mikoulyak had an rma started on one of his products after showing his serial number in the forums.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 14:23:54 (permalink)
Sajin
Serial numbers shouldn't be posted on the forums. Mikoulyak had an rma started on one of his products after showing his serial number in the forums.

It seems weird that anyone would bother to do that. It's not like they could get a free product out of evga by doing it.

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 14:56:26 (permalink)
Sajin

+1.... also, in the past when EVGA would give you free games with purchase, just register with your serial and get this part for free, etc... people did take others serials and some of them weren't registered yet, which created a mess and some bans. If people THINK they can scam something outta of a company they WILL try to do it, simple as that. The no displaying of serial numbers was a rule already when I first started here, so its def not new.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 16:45:09 (permalink)
Thinking about it, I could register another users serial number, do a cross ship RMA request, and get a new/recertified card... I don’t need to have a physical card to give a false ownership. It would inevitably cause more issues down the line, but if I am trying to scam someone, what do I care? If someone is willing to go that far, they could utilize a stolen credit card to acquire the cross ship, and then there is a whole new debacle to deal with as evga and someone else would both lose money under false pretenses.

Of course, in this case, the card should be permanently marked as damaged, so a cross ship shouldn’t be an option. This could be a good learning experience is all.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/03/20 16:48:54
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 17:02:46 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Thinking about it, I could register another users serial number, do a cross ship RMA request, and get a new/recertified card... I don’t need to have a physical card to give a false ownership. It would inevitably cause more issues down the line, but if I am trying to scam someone, what do I care? If someone is willing to go that far, they could utilize a stolen credit card to acquire the cross ship, and then there is a whole new debacle to deal with as evga and someone else would both lose money under false pretenses.

Of course, in this case, the card should be permanently marked as damaged, so a cross ship shouldn’t be an option. This could be a good learning experience is all.

That would have to be one dumb scammer. Pay full retail price for a USED card that doesn't come with a full warranty. That sounds like a win for evga in my book.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 17:09:50 (permalink)
Stolen credit card? Pay full price? It’s not full price when it is stolen.
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 17:30:53 (permalink)
Seriously, what is going on with EVGA? I can't even get a returned email? None of my tweets get responded to. People are getting denied RMA's all over the place. Is this how the company treats people who spend hard earned money? My case has been going on for nearly three weeks. A month since I started the RMA process. Listen, most won't listen, but STAY AWAY from this company. Sell off any MB, PSU's or GPU's you have and go somewhere else. Not one person has even really tried to help me from EVGA. Instead Im told, "file a claim with the shipping company" or "Here's 5% off $700". Enjoy!
post edited by Sajin - 2018/03/20 17:35:07
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 17:37:34 (permalink)
Please watch your language. Thank you.
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 17:39:11 (permalink)
Sajin
Please watch your language. Thank you.

Cool. Bad language gets a response. Good to know.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 18:05:34 (permalink)
Two techs have responded to this thread. If you need further help with your case I'd recommend that you call them on the phone as an e-mail isn't the fastest way to get a response.
EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 18:05:55 (permalink)
Hello Breakthecycle2,

My apologies for the delay responding to your email. I was just working on a reply to your last email when you posted. I've responded now, again my sincerest apologies for the delay!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 18:17:57 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
Hello Breakthecycle2,

My apologies for the delay responding to your email. I was just working on a reply to your last email when you posted. I've responded now, again my sincerest apologies for the delay!

I got it. I will await your reply tomorrow hopefully.
Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 18:19:22 (permalink)
Update: Jaeson Wilda is trying to help me out.  Will report back.
mike406
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 904
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 18:58:42 (permalink)
@bcavnaugh your post confronting MSim derails this thread - something you often make clear to other users when they do it. I remember when I and XrayMan posted something small in your thread that was slightly off topic and you threw a fit over it. You should probably follow your own advice. 

@Breakthecycle2 are those photos you linked ones you took yourself BEFORE sending the card out? Or were these provided by EVGA? Or did you take them after receiving it back? It matters because since it is clearly missing a screw, it means that someone took it apart at some point and put it back together. That same individual could have scraped the PCIe contact area on accident causing that little "chunk" to be missing. However, looking at it - it should not have caused sparking as there doesn't seem to be any damage to the contact pins themselves. The damage looks entirely on the area that extends beyond those contact points.

post edited by mike406 - 2018/03/20 19:06:08

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

Breakthecycle2
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 19:05:10 (permalink)
mike406
@bcavnaugh your post confronting MSim derails this thread - something you often make clear to other users when they do it. I remember when I and XrayMan posted something small in your thread that was slightly off topic and you threw a fit over it. You should probably follow your own advice. 

@Breakthecycle2 are those photos you linked ones you took yourself BEFORE sending the card out? Or were these provided by EVGA? Or did you take them after receiving it back? It matters because since it is clearly missing a screw, it means that someone took it apart at some point and put it back together. That same individual could have scraped the PCIe contact area on accident causing that little "chunk" to be missing. However, looking at it - it should not have caused sparking as there doesn't seem to be any damage to the contact pins themselves. The damage looks entirely on the area that extends beyond those contact points.

@mike406, these photos are from EVAG. There were three screws at the bottom of the box when I got it back. They "fell" out, but how? And you are 100% correct, there is ZERO damage on the contact point themselves. None. There is no way that "chip" would cause sparking.

mike406
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 904
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 19:09:25 (permalink)
Breakthecycle2
mike406

@mike406, these photos are from EVAG. There were three screws at the bottom of the box when I got it back. They "fell" out, but how? And you are 100% correct, there is ZERO damage on the contact point themselves. None. There is no way that "chip" would cause sparking.

Assuming you didn't take the card apart yourself at some point before sending it to them, then whoever "serviced" your GPU was in a major rush and did not put care into re-assembling it properly. This same individual is probably who caused the gash near the contact points. It's hard to prove who did what, as this is clearly a "he says she says" type dispute and in your defense EVGA does not have the proof that the damage was there BEFORE servicing since they took the photos AFTER doing work on the card. EVGA definitely should have issued you a one time offer like Newegg did.
post edited by mike406 - 2018/03/20 19:10:43

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: RMA denied because of "damage" to PCB 2018/03/20 19:36:26 (permalink)
I don't want to go back through this entire thread again, but didn't the OP state that he took pictures BEFORE sending in the card?

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile