EVGA

RMA part number keeps changing

Author
rdarkness
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/03/09 04:03:20 (permalink)
Anyone have an idea why my RMA replacement part number keeps changing? It's still in pending status, but initially showed 06G-P4-1996-KR for my 980ti Hybrid. It's since been updated a couple times to show the 1080 hybrid 08G-P4-6188-KR, and now it's back to 06G-P4-1996-KR. It's driving me batty because I want to buy a second card for SLI, but can't even tell what I'll be getting, so I don't dare order anything now.

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA part number keeps changing 2018/03/09 04:58:19 (permalink)
    Contact evga. This is a user based forum, so we can only guess and hope that an evga tech stops by. Use the contact us feature and call them.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA part number keeps changing 2018/03/09 20:07:21 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
    Contact evga. This is a user based forum, so we can only guess and hope that an evga tech stops by. Use the contact us feature and call them.

+1

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: RMA part number keeps changing 2018/03/09 21:42:38 (permalink)
    Until the product has shipped back to you then anything may change, the replacement part numbers may be updated several times depending on available stock until the replacement ships. 

Everything is security. 
    rdarkness
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RMA part number keeps changing 2018/03/10 07:22:26 (permalink)
    The replacement shipped this morning, still not sure of what I'm getting. I'm not real concerned about what it'll be, but when originally asking the question, I was curious if others had run into the same thing and what ended up happening. Either way, it'll be nice to get back into some of my newer games that don't run well on my old GPU. 

As a side note, I had been in contact with EVGA support a couple times while going through the process. I know others had reported less than stellar results, but I can honestly say EVGA's support was great with me each time I had contacted them.
    TromboneFreak
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: RMA part number keeps changing 2018/03/29 12:43:36 (permalink)
    rdarkness
    The replacement shipped this morning, still not sure of what I'm getting. I'm not real concerned about what it'll be, but when originally asking the question, I was curious if others had run into the same thing and what ended up happening. Either way, it'll be nice to get back into some of my newer games that don't run well on my old GPU. 

As a side note, I had been in contact with EVGA support a couple times while going through the process. I know others had reported less than stellar results, but I can honestly say EVGA's support was great with me each time I had contacted them.

What did you end up receiving? I've got a 980ti RMA processing right now.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile