EVGA

Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid.

Author
mirrage2k5
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/03/09 03:54:51 (permalink)
Hello everyone,

I am here because I face a very strange issue with my Titan X hybrid.
First I have to say that every test was done on clear windows installations 
first with the latest drivers then with older versions.
The card would be used for CAD drawing and renderings and for flight simming (P3D).

Nature of the problem...
After windows were done with the installation and all mobo drivers were installed I 
installed the latest software from evga v391.01 (later I found it's the exact same with nvidia's).
Nothing strange so far.
Then I install 3dmark11 and Heaven benchmarks and start the tests.
Both software failed to finish the testing. 3Dmark11 would black out and close and
Heaven would popup a message about losing connection with keyboard and screen.

Then I tested with older drivers v388.71.
3Dmark11 finished the test giving a good rating but while running the penultimate
test the screen would go crazy. See attached file image1.jpg.
Btw the HDMI cable is fine and has been tested on other screens.

Heaven was more consistent as it still would not finish the tests but now there was 
no connection loss message it would just stop.

In addition to the aforementioned, I have to say that I also ran PUBG and P3D.
PUBG would fail to continue after the splash screen or load and fail after a few minutes in-game.
P3D would start normally only to crash partially after some time. I say randomly because it would
take from a couple of minutes to maybe 10-15 and I say partially because the game would keep
running but there would be no graphics.
P3D would also pop a message. See attached file image2.jpg.

Regardless of problems with apps or benchmarks, there was not even a single system crash.

System specs for your information...
Mobo: ASUS Prime X370-PRO
CPU:  Ryzen 7 (default settings no oc)
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3466MHz
GPU: TITAN X HYBRID Maxwell
Win: Win10 Home 64bit

Thank you in advance for your time and help!
post edited by mirrage2k5 - 2018/03/09 04:04:06

Attached Image(s)

12 Replies Related Threads

Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/09 05:59:21 (permalink)
    with that malware called win 10    no telling but be sure its fully updated   .  then got to be sure the windows 10 is not forcing driver updates over your wanted drivers .    if you notice how whenb 10 came out how NVidia struggled to cope with it ?  its like they cant  and newer drivers aint no better then the last  as may of fixed this but now that's broken   same ol' black screening and shuttering and flickering and so on over and over  .. 

I use 355.82  with my 900 card still today  as the latest  and got a few on hand  like 353.62 on hand  cause there is a game that don't work well under 355.82 but works great under 353.62   or what ever   [ see you cant count on any one driver  even with 7 for all to work properly ]  .

anyway I would  give windows 10 a day or 2 to insure all the updates are in and installed  

may look at this could help  in not properly installing ??

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-windows-10-nvidia-installer-failed-issue/

or look at things like here  as well

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/954428/windows-anniversary-update-and-nvidia-drivers-problem/

or on that issue

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-dxgi-hung-error/34c7f0a4-8ba3-48ad-814f-c19a6161a3df

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-RESET-every-10-or-so-minutes/td-p/5662378

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1027983/geforce-drivers/gtx1060-directx-device-error-hung-on-several-games-need-suggestions-/

then you did not say what PSU your using  ?  maybe its starting to fail  or defective  or just underpowered ?

then maybe you can test the card in another capable gaming rig   to see if it works  or does the same  . if the same issue maybe the card just failing ?

I'm just thankful I don't need to stoop to win- 10  for any reasons . 
    mirrage2k5
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/09 07:17:25 (permalink)
    First of all thanks for taking the time to help.

The PSU is a COOLER MASTER SilentPro 850W 80plus Bronze.
    It's old but I haven't considered it a weak point until now...
    I will have another PSU installed to make sure that's not the problem.

I will also check every link you provide thoroughly but I am sure I had
    all the win updates done and also I had a look at the ea link from the
    very first moment cause I googled the problem and did what they suggest.
    It just extended the time it would take until the error.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/09 08:07:05 (permalink)
    This Nvidia Driver 373.06  works well with Titan X Maxwell

Hybrid cooler may cool GPU -- how are you cooling RAM and power circuit ?

When using stock cooler - you will want to use some OC software to set a manual fan curve for the Titan X

At a minimum fan curve should be GPU Temp in C +10 = Fan % speed ---> GPU 40C = 50% fan speed, 70 C = 80%

My Fire Strike score with SLI EVGA Titan X SC

DDU in Safe Mode

Steps I use:

Download all software needed

PC offline - pull the network

All background software stopped, including security software (that's why offline)

DDU in Safe Mode to remove Nividia Experience (no reboot) & Then Remove the old driver,  with reboot - for driver update

After rebooting - stay Offline - now install the Nvidia driver

Install Nvidia driver, Advanced mode, clean install, Only Install graphics driver & PhysX, then reboot
    • Do NOT install Nvidia Experience
    • Do Not install 3D ....
    • Do Not install the sound driver

After drives installed and you rebooted - Stay Offline & log In to Windows
    •  check Device manager for any Error messages if all is Good, then reconnect to internet

Now install the GPU OC software of your choice - I recommend following the steps above - Offline, kill all background software first

Running Benchmarks

When running your benchmarks software -- go offline-- clean boot

Win 10 can interrupt your system & you do not want anything else running in the background for best results

To Validate your results, After you run the benchmark - make sure security software is running, then reconnect to internet

Make sure Xbox "DVR" feature is turned Off --- MS Windows 10 -  turns it On by default  (directions found in link)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/09 12:35:29 (permalink)
    The penultimate test in 3dmark11 is a physics test which will stress your cpu/ram the most. My recommendations would be to...

#1 Set your ram to run @ 2666 MHz with the correct voltages & timings. 
    #2 Rerun 3dmark11 and see if you can pass the penultimate test. 

If you can't pass the penultimate test do #4 listed here then see if you can pass the penultimate test or not. If you end up passing the penultimate test in 3dmark11 try running heaven & p3d again.
    Cidpineda
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/10 13:50:51 (permalink)
    Reset pc clean restore
    Cidpineda
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/10 13:52:09 (permalink)
    You have a video card prior to that right?
    Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/14 15:29:45 (permalink)
    seems like a decent unit if this one

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/cooler-master-silent-pro-m-850-w-power-supply-review/2/

should do the job unless its just got ''buggy''   these thing can happen  and may not show till you put good load on them   that review is like 9 years ago [??]    with that age  even the best of builds could start to show there age  .  I got old units going good and some that just fail out of the blue or showing issues here and there  . if you got a back up PSU to try it cant hurt to  if nothing else works out  [ last ditch effort to resolve with nothing else top loose ]   try the clean install / uninstall  software things  as suggested above  .

if yopu got a buddy with a strong gaming rig or something that that titan will slap in and run  test it in that and see  if  you get the same results   , if the same issues in it  then maynbe the card ?

good luck 
    Dave3d
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 720
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/14 16:46:48 (permalink)
    I have had good results after putting in a GTX580 for a dedicated physx card. It really takes the load off of the Titan X (Maxwell also).
    I also use drivers 388.00
    Any drivers newer than those make my games or system crash.
    I also use MSI Afterburner to turn up the fans to 100% while gaming or benching.

Have you tried any other ports for your card/monitor? What are you using, hdmi, dvi, displayport? What monitor are you using?

I have had a very bad time with my titan x cards, getting them stable to even game is a hassle.
    Maybe you have the same issue?

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
    mirrage2k5
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/15 02:33:25 (permalink)
    I would like to thank you all for your help guys and gals if any :-) !
    So far we tested the card on another machine where it had the same problems
    so my friend downloaded Precision XOC from evga and he reduced the GPU clock
    offset and it looks to work fine.
    It passed the benchmarks and worked with games and apps.
    So far it looks to work well with P3D too but I will have to test it in a full flight
    to be sure. In any case, all your comments are taken into account and I really
    appreciate your help.

I have a SAPHIRE R9 270X 4GB that works like a charm.

I am very curious to try the driver version but I will try only if the current setup 

won't work.

The PSU proved to work fine in the end.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/15 12:48:17 (permalink)
    mirrage2k5
    So far we tested the card on another machine where it had the same problems
    so my friend downloaded Precision XOC from evga and he reduced the GPU clock
    offset and it looks to work fine.

You'll need to rma the card if it's still under warranty.

risse1
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/17 10:03:29 (permalink)
    Does anyone know if we can buy addtional warranty for a TITAN X Hybrid ??? I would not bying aying more just to be assured that I do not face similar problem as mirage2k5.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Benchmarks and apps can't work with TITAN X Hybrid. 2018/03/17 10:19:52 (permalink)
    risse1
    Does anyone know if we can buy addtional warranty for a TITAN X Hybrid ??? I would not bying aying more just to be assured that I do not face similar problem as mirage2k5.

Terms of extended warranty are found :  https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp
    (excerpt)

Starting on March 1st, 2013, products registered within 90 days of purchase with the part number suffix -KR* with the exception of peripherals or power supplies will have the option to purchase an extended warranty within the regions of the Contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe. The product must be purchased as new and from an authorized EVGA reseller to qualify for the Extended Warranty Program. The extended warranty will be available for purchase by the original owner within 90 days of the purchase date and a receipt from an authorized reseller is required to verify the purchase information and to validate the Extended Warranty purchase. Customers will have the option to purchase either the 5 year or 10 year program, extending the warranty by an additional 2 or 7 years respectively.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile