EVGA

Problem with my card fans

Author
Slionemc01
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/03/02 11:27:22 (permalink)
Hello there, i'm new at the forum, didn't found a section for support on graphics cards so I posted it here (hope it was the right place) 
I have a 1060 gtx 6gb ssc, I have used it for a couple of months, i disconnected the pc and changed it to another room (it was working perfectly before that) Then i opened msi afterburner, and i noticed that gpu was hot (i have 2 on sli), I moved up the fans % but the fans just didnt moved on that gpu. Opened the oc evga and same thing, the difference was that on this one it said 0 rpm even if i get the % to 100 on the fans. 
Tried everything i could think of: 
Switched places with the other gpu
Desinstalled and reinstalled windows, upgraded everything
DDu unistalled drivers, check if needed a fix 
Still I have the same problem, i doubt that it is a problem on the hardware, since it only has a couple of months, and worked perfectly before I moved it, everything is connected correctly, fans arent dirty, everything looks just fine. Gpu works normally also. I ran a game normally with only that gpu, i mean i could try and continue to use this gpu, but only on winter I'm able to use it without its fans working, thats what im guessing
If anyone has suggestions or similar experiences, They are all welcome
Thank you

5 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Problem with my card fans 2018/03/02 13:46:36 (permalink)
    Slionemc01
    Hello there, i'm new at the forum, didn't found a section for support on graphics cards so I posted it here (hope it was the right place) 
    I have a 1060 gtx 6gb ssc, I have used it for a couple of months, i disconnected the pc and changed it to another room (it was working perfectly before that) Then i opened msi afterburner, and i noticed that gpu was hot (i have 2 on sli), I moved up the fans % but the fans just didnt moved on that gpu. Opened the oc evga and same thing, the difference was that on this one it said 0 rpm even if i get the % to 100 on the fans. 
    Tried everything i could think of: 
    Switched places with the other gpu
    Desinstalled and reinstalled windows, upgraded everything
    DDu unistalled drivers, check if needed a fix 
    Still I have the same problem, i doubt that it is a problem on the hardware, since it only has a couple of months, and worked perfectly before I moved it, everything is connected correctly, fans arent dirty, everything looks just fine. Gpu works normally also. I ran a game normally with only that gpu, i mean i could try and continue to use this gpu, but only on winter I'm able to use it without its fans working, thats what im guessing
    If anyone has suggestions or similar experiences, They are all welcome
    Thank you

Did you mean a different model? You cannot SLI GTX 1060's.  Why would you doubt it is the hardware? You've replaced and reinstalled pretty much everything BUT the GPU. Conclusion: Bad GPU, RMA>

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Problem with my card fans 2018/03/02 14:21:45 (permalink)
    #1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header. (On some cards you may be able to see the fan headers, so you might not have to remove the shroud.)

#2 Make sure the card is fully seated to the MB. Make sure the PCI-E power cables are fully seated and secure at the PSU side & GPU side.

#3 Uninstall all monitoring software. (Precision, Afterburner, Speedfan, HWMonitor, etc.)

#4 Perform a clean installation of the most recent video drivers:
    • Uninstall Precision X/MSI Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
    • Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to clean out all your nvidia drivers. Use the clean and restart (highly recommended) option.
    • Download & save the most recent graphics driver to your desktop. You can find the most recent graphics driver here.
    • Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete.
    • Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except graphics driver & physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
    If you're still having problems after performing steps 1-4 RMA the card as the fan controller on the GPU has a problem. 
    travsmitty
    • Total Posts : 9
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Problem with my card fans 2018/03/15 14:43:48 (permalink)
    Could try to reseat the card. Check the fan hub cable 
    squall-leonhart
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2904
    • Ribbons : 24
    Re: Problem with my card fans 2018/03/18 00:48:18 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Did you mean a different model? You cannot SLI GTX 1060's. 

Yes you can, its just not supported....

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
    Monitor:BenQ G2400WD, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
    HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
    Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Problem with my card fans 2018/03/19 09:16:51 (permalink)
    squall-leonhart
    HeavyHemi
    Did you mean a different model? You cannot SLI GTX 1060's. 

Yes you can, its just not supported....

Sigh...sure, you MIGHT if someone is still updating a hack you  MUST use. But for the typical user, the answer is no and it is not supported there are no SLI finger on the GPU...
    So the answer is no.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile