EVGA

DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request.

Author
Athian
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2018/02/26 14:17:12 (permalink)
I have seen several reviews of the DG-7x cases, but I cannot get a clear picture of the psu shroud area. I have the EVGA z270 classified K mobo and with the usb 3 being 90 degrees. I need to find the right case that will allow me to connect it in this manner with still have a shroud to cover up cables. Also, the 6 pin connection for the pci express power is also 90 degrees. My questions are:

Can someone take a picture of the top of the psu shroud? I just need clarification that I will not have the same issue I am having as with my current case. I also imagine all of the DG-7 series cases have the same shroud.

Second, how is the noise levels on it? I currently am using the EVGA fans and well, they are a bit on the noisy side and am hoping this case will dampen it quite a bit.

Thank you for any input, you all have a nice day.

12 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/27 01:57:18 (permalink)
    If you like the case, that is when you modify the PSU shroud. I would look for a grommet that will fit the hole you need in the PSU shroud. That way you end up with a clean look.

Athian
    iCX Member
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/27 07:34:14 (permalink)
    MSim
    If you like the case, that is when you modify the PSU shroud. I would look for a grommet that will fit the hole you need in the PSU shroud. That way you end up with a clean look.

I like my current case better, but I am not to keen on the idea of taking a dremel to it. If I can forgo modifying the case that way, I will gladly swap cases. Before I find my next case, I need to see if it I will come across the same problem. Thank you for the response. I had thought about it, but I would be buying something to use once.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/27 20:23:39 (permalink)
    Athian
    MSim

I like my current case better, but I am not to keen on the idea of taking a dremel to it. If I can forgo modifying the case that way, I will gladly swap cases. Before I find my next case, I need to see if it I will come across the same problem. Thank you for the response. I had thought about it, but I would be buying something to use once.

Just make sure you look at all the features of the DG-77 case before purchasing it. Some of them are pointless and mediocre (PSU dust filter).  It's hard to justify $170 price tag for the DG-77 alpine white case.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/27 20:37:53 (permalink)
    I would Wait for someone who Owns this Case to post an image for you or contact EVGA and ask them directly.

Contact Us

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Athian
    iCX Member
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/27 21:35:20 (permalink)
    MSim
    Just make sure you look at all the features of the DG-77 case before purchasing it. Some of them are pointless and mediocre (PSU dust filter).  It's hard to justify $170 price tag for the DG-77 alpine white case.

Sure did, I want the DG-75, Don't want all the RGB stuff and the Killer button. Want the simplicity of the case.
    bcavnaugh
    I would Wait for someone who Owns this Case to post an image for you or contact EVGA and ask them directly.

Contact Us

I think I will just end up doing that to make sure that I have access to plug in all the cables to my motherboard.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/28 02:24:23 (permalink)
    You might be waiting awhile for someone to post images. EVGA still hasn't added product images showing the all the dust filters on the DG-7* series. I believe they did that on purpose. 

Athian
    iCX Member
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/28 08:12:51 (permalink)
    MSim
    You might be waiting awhile for someone to post images. EVGA still hasn't added product images showing the all the dust filters on the DG-7* series. I believe they did that on purpose. 

I think I will try contacting them and asking if the holes I see in one of their videos will line up to the motherboard. For now, I am going to message users who posted that they have the case and see if they could give me some measurements.
    Michael.Arnold
    • Total Posts : 71
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/28 22:23:24 (permalink)
    MSim
    ...It's hard to justify $170 price tag for the DG-77 alpine white case.

For what it's worth if you can forgo the need to have a vertical GPU mount I picked up the DG-76 in Alpine White (Literally the same case as a 77 sans V-GPU mount and third glass side) for $111 USD on Amazon about a month ago. It looks like they're back to $140 now but worth putting it on a watch list and waiting for a sale. 
    post edited by Michael.Arnold - 2018/02/28 22:32:40

Athian
    iCX Member
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/02/28 22:28:05 (permalink)
    Got all my questions answered by Michael.Arnold, thank you again.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/03/01 03:24:59 (permalink)
    Michael.Arnold
    MSim

For what it's worth if you can forgo the need to have a vertical GPU mount I picked up the DG-76 in Alpine White (Literally the same case as a 77 sans V-GPU mount and third glass side) for $111 USD on Amazon about a month ago. It looks like they're back to $140 now but worth putting it on a watch list and waiting for a sale. 

EVGA would have to address the other issues i have with the DG-7* series, before i would even think about buy it.

• $100+ case needs grommets
    • Quality dust filters (Top/Front/PSU), having to sit the case on it's side to reinstall the PSU dust filter is annoying
    • Ditch the tacky branding
    • Fix the front panel to allow more airflow

It's hard to find the perfect case in the color you want. Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Series PH-ES515PTG_BK is close but wish they would make it in white and gave it a bit more room at the top.

Athian
    iCX Member
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/03/01 09:23:27 (permalink)
    MSim
    Michael.Arnold
    MSim

EVGA would have to address the other issues i have with the DG-7* series, before i would even think about buy it.

• $100+ case needs grommets
    • Quality dust filters (Top/Front/PSU), having to sit the case on it's side to reinstall the PSU dust filter is annoying
    • Ditch the tacky branding
    • Fix the front panel to allow more airflow

It's hard to find the perfect case in the color you want. Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Series PH-ES515PTG_BK is close but wish they would make it in white and gave it a bit more room at the top.

I do agree that their next iteration needs to step it up, but some of the issues you listed were not quite deal breakers for me. Not being able to use all the features of my EVGA motherboard in a EVGA case was. It just makes me wonder if nobody thought to test fit all of their motherboards or possibly build a system in one with connecting everything on their motherboards. But, I did notice a couple of interesting things on the z370 and x299 that make me wonder if those were the only boards they test fitted as the pci-e 6 pin power is elevated and the usb3 is no longer 90 degrees. Could be seen as an attempt to force their fanboys into buying more. But, that is just my silly assumption.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: DG-7x noise/psu shroud question/picture request. 2018/03/01 12:20:05 (permalink)
    @Athian Glad to see you got the information needed for your Case.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile