CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/02/19 10:22:08 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/241659/cd-projekt-red-opens-up-regarding-loot-box-integration-in-games

So the developer of the The Witcher: Wild Hunt and GWENT wants gamers to have hours of fun. Paid content are what they consider to be expansions. In games like GWENT you can spin money for kegs but you don't have to. In my opinion CD Projekt Red is doing very good things for their customers without ripping them off through untold number of microtransactions.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

6 Replies Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/19 13:21:00 (permalink)
    The way they handled Witcher 3 was deplorable(and not the good deplorable). The "free DLC" they touted was simply locked content used for marketing purposes. The way they handled it was total garbage and It amazes me gamers actually applaud a game developer that would do such a thing. As for their other game, a card game, that is the epitome of pay 2 win gambling garbage. I'm not sure how long this publisher can continue to take a dump on the face of their consumers and those consumers cheering for them, but I find it completely absurd. 

They talk a good game, but do the opposite. 
    EtherCore
    • Total Posts : 82
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/19 16:41:14 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    The way they handled Witcher 3 was deplorable(and not the good deplorable). The "free DLC" they touted was simply locked content used for marketing purposes. The way they handled it was total garbage and It amazes me gamers actually applaud a game developer that would do such a thing. As for their other game, a card game, that is the epitome of pay 2 win gambling garbage. I'm not sure how long this publisher can continue to take a dump on the face of their consumers and those consumers cheering for them, but I find it completely absurd. 

That's easy, actually. Regardless of whether it was locked or not doesn't really matter. There was still more content on disc than games have had in years. Not to mention, the game itself is nearly a masterpiece of gaming goodness. Then, they released two expansions that could be considered games in their own right.

Gwent.....? Just don't play it.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/19 18:06:42 (permalink)
    EtherCore
    fearpoint

That's easy, actually. Regardless of whether it was locked or not doesn't really matter. There was still more content on disc than games have had in years. Not to mention, the game itself is nearly a masterpiece of gaming goodness. Then, they released two expansions that could be considered games in their own right.

Far from a masterpiece unless you were a console gamer that never played a Witcher game. Buying a product and having content locked from you so the seller can use to as free advertising is pretty deplorable garbage. So many garbage things with Witcher 3, but the main one the actual gameplay was super bad rolling around like an idiot. Fake open world and poor design making a good majority of the game completely frivolous because you out level it. I won't go into the technical issues, but there were many, never fixed, the game looks like poop beyond screenshots which didn't show the horrific pop-in of even basic NPC's constantly. 

Witcher 3 is touted as a masterpiece by gamers that have no clue. Gamers that do have a clue could write a book about how shallow and ridiculous it was. 
    EtherCore
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/19 18:22:31 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    EtherCore
    fearpoint

Far from a masterpiece unless you were a console gamer that never played a Witcher game. Buying a product and having content locked from you so the seller can use to as free advertising is pretty deplorable garbage. So many garbage things with Witcher 3, but the main one the actual gameplay was super bad rolling around like an idiot. Fake open world and poor design making a good majority of the game completely frivolous because you out level it. I won't go into the technical issues, but there were many, never fixed, the game looks like poop beyond screenshots which didn't show the horrific pop-in of even basic NPC's constantly. 

Witcher 3 is touted as a masterpiece by gamers that have no clue. Gamers that do have a clue could write a book about how shallow and ridiculous it was. 
    I played all 3, actually. On PC. And, it has been one of the highest selling games on Steam since it came out, and continues to be even to this day, so I'm not alone. It is considered one of the greatest RPGs by many of those people. I have only ever heard one person refer to it as garbage. But, you're entitled to your opinion. No matter how wrong it is.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/20 09:02:41 (permalink)
    EtherCore
    fearpoint
    EtherCore
    fearpoint

I played all 3, actually. On PC. And, it has been one of the highest selling games on Steam since it came out, and continues to be even to this day, so I'm not alone. It is considered one of the greatest RPGs by many of those people. I have only ever heard one person refer to it as garbage. But, you're entitled to your opinion. No matter how wrong it is.

Popularity? On Steam?
    Call of Duty is the best selling FPS franchise of all time.

Case closed.
    EtherCore
    Re: CD Projekt Red Opens Up Regarding Loot Box Integration in Games 2018/02/20 09:17:42 (permalink)
    You're just trolling at this point.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile