EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhat is happening to EVGA forums?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
a11out
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 05:28:52 (permalink)
MSim
a11out
Guilty, I registered here to get elite status. I'm aware that the elite stash is gone, but I consider it an investment into the future. EVGA is a great company and it would be nice to get good deals from them later on. Even if it is a year from now. 

As for 1080ti, or any other GPU right now, I'm not desperate to buy it. Sure, my EVGA 680 GTX 4bg is begging for retirement, but it can work for one more year, I think.

The least I can do it to promise you all that my posts will be meaningful. :) I rarely see tech forums as active and friendly as this one. 

If you think evga forums is active, you should check out the links below. 

I will. Thanks!

I'm going to hang here too. I was going to update my 6 y.o. PC this year, but my plans changed because of market conditions, so it will probably be next year. Looking at a combination of customer service, support, and active forum, I'll buy as much EVGA stuff as possible this time. I will also need help with overclocking, something I've never done but always wanted to do, and EVGA community seems like a good place to start.

The PC budget will be $3,500 (it has to handle VR for my architectural work, plus be a capable render farm) and it will be based on LGA2066, so it will be an exciting project!
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 06:31:03 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
MSim

EVGA peripherals are not well known, we don't see popular reviewers testing them or even mentioning them at all. Have you seen evga mice make it to any popular reviewers top 10 list. EVGA designs it's own motherboards but uses another company to mfg it. If that product messes up, do you blame the mfg or the company that design the mobo?

EVGA's primary market is as an Nvidia AIB partner. The tinkering with motherboard and peripherals doesn't have much market recognition.

I agree with you. EVGA bread and butter is graphics cards. that is where evga is really competitive in. Motherboards and peripherals not so much. They don't have the market recognition or the product lineup to really compete with the top mfg's.

I don't know of one hardware or peripherals mfg that i like every product they sell. You can tell that by the parts in my signature. My next build, who knows which parts i will go with.

a11out
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 07:00:30 (permalink)
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne
MSim

EVGA peripherals are not well known, we don't see popular reviewers testing them or even mentioning them at all. Have you seen evga mice make it to any popular reviewers top 10 list. EVGA designs it's own motherboards but uses another company to mfg it. If that product messes up, do you blame the mfg or the company that design the mobo?

EVGA's primary market is as an Nvidia AIB partner. The tinkering with motherboard and peripherals doesn't have much market recognition.

I agree with you. EVGA bread and butter is graphics cards. that is where evga is really competitive in. Motherboards and peripherals not so much. They don't have the market recognition or the product lineup to really compete with the top mfg's.

I don't know of one hardware or peripherals mfg that i like every product they sell. You can tell that by the parts in my signature. My next build, who knows which parts i will go with.

I also heard they make pretty good power supplies. I did not even know that they make motherboards until I came here. It is not a good sign, so what you say makes sense. I should probably slow down my enthusiasm regarding EVGA stuff. Their GPUs are proven to be solid, but not much else.   
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10331
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 07:15:14 (permalink)
a11out
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne
MSim

I also heard they make pretty good power supplies. I did not even know that they make motherboards until I came here. It is not a good sign, so what you say makes sense. I should probably slow down my enthusiasm regarding EVGA stuff. Their GPUs are proven to be solid, but not much else.   

Yes, their GPU's are solid, but also imo their mobo's and PSU's.  My X58 Classy, X79 Dark, and X99 Classy have all been solid boards without issue.  All of them still in use today.  My current PSU (1300w G2) got excellent reviews from JohnnyGuru and has been solid for me for almost 5 years now. 10 yr warranty as well.

Now if you want/need every bell & whistle a mobo could have, maybe you need to look elsewhere.  But if you just want a solid board with most things on it that people use, my preference is EVGA.  Then of course is their customer service.  Most of us know that they are head & shoulders above the rest...
post edited by bdary - 2018/03/27 07:17:59

a11out
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 07:38:57 (permalink)
bdary
a11out
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne
MSim

Yes, their GPU's are solid, but also imo their mobo's and PSU's.  My X58 Classy, X79 Dark, and X99 Classy have all been solid boards without issue.  All of them still in use today.  My current PSU (1300w G2) got excellent reviews from JohnnyGuru and has been solid for me for almost 5 years now. 10 yr warranty as well.

Now if you want/need every bell & whistle a mobo could have, maybe you need to look elsewhere.  But if you just want a solid board with most things on it that people use, my preference is EVGA.  Then of course is their customer service.  Most of us know that they are head & shoulders above the rest...

I'll be new to overclocking, so I do not know what bells I need. :) As for customer service, I've never seen a better one. I noticed, generally, that the better stuff a company sells, the worse their support is, and vice versa. I had a very positive experience with Dell and HTC. Both sold me terrible stuff, but the customer service and support were top notch. Asus had great stuff, but their support was appalling. EVGA seems like a good combo of high-quality stuff and great support. 
Knightviper
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 610
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 13:01:23 (permalink)
It was a EVGA motherboard in an Alienware system (680 SLI) that I bought years ago that made me look to EVGA for new kit when I decided to build a new rig with the i7 980x.  

EVGA Z270 Classified K, Intel core i7 7700k , EVGA CLC 280 AIO, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3200MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, Samsung Evo 840 250 SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Green 
EVGA 1070Ti FTW 2 
EVGA 1300w G2
Windows 10 64-bit
Evga DG-87

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/30 04:37:41 (permalink)
a11out

EVGA sells some good power supplies but they don't mfg them. They buy them from OEM's, just like Corsair and other power supply vendors do.  

bdary
a11out

I own 2x EVGA X58 mobo's, both were used almost everyday for like 8 years. they were still working when i shelved them.

The top 4 motherboard mfg's always seem to have the latest innovations and latest audio/networking chips etc, they also come with better software suites. EVGA seems to always be playing catch up when it comes to offering the latest innovations and latest audio chips. I have yet to see evga improve the software suite that comes with it's motherboards. I don't know about anyone else, i don't like paying more for less. My ASUS ROG Z270 motherboard doesn't have all the bells & whistle, but it beat evga Z270 FTW in features and price point. 

a11out
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/30 05:21:51 (permalink)
MSim

I own 2x EVGA X58 mobo's, both were used almost everyday for like 8 years. they were still working when i shelved them.

The top 4 motherboard mfg's always seem to have the latest innovations and latest audio/networking chips etc, they also come with better software suites. EVGA seems to always be playing catch up when it comes to offering the latest innovations and latest audio chips. I have yet to see evga improve the software suite that comes with it's motherboards. I don't know about anyone else, i don't like paying more for less. My ASUS ROG Z270 motherboard doesn't have all the bells & whistle, but it beat evga Z270 FTW in features and price point. 

So, who is the mfg of power supplies and motherboards? Also, what mfg stands for? I get the meaning more or less, I just want to know what it is exactly. 
licmarcos
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 03:05:11 (permalink)
Trust me you can't diluted this forum anymore than it already is. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 05:01:00 (permalink)
licmarcos

You joined an hour ago and have 18 posts that make very little sense so far. If you are trying to get 100 posts for the elite membership, there is no advantage to that program anymore.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 06:03:34 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
licmarcos

You joined an hour ago and have 18 posts that make very little sense so far. If you are trying to get 100 posts for the elite membership, there is no advantage to that program anymore.

I'm wondering if this person is trying to get to the marketplace or just trolling, personally ;)

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 06:10:41 (permalink)
If they are trying to get into the marketplace, these posts would be removed. Spam and space filler posts are not quality posts needed for marketplace access.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 09:15:30 (permalink)
transdogmifier
the_Scarlet_one
licmarcos

I'm wondering if this person is trying to get to the marketplace or just trolling, personally ;)

I think the latter and could be a disgruntled consumer or possibly former member.  Who knows...

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 13:22:41 (permalink)
What is happening to the forums, having issues with new topics i make showing up.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 17:54:58 (permalink)
MSim
What is happening to the forums, having issues with new topics i make showing up.

New Spam filter ... they are finding the "best settings"

Mods try to catch Good ones & "release those posts / threads" that should not be stopped

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 20:44:45 (permalink)
Cool GTX
MSim

Mods try to catch Good ones & "release those posts / threads" that should not be stopped

It's just the new "Anti-MSim" (Filter) being tested.       

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 20:49:52 (permalink)
XrayMan
Cool GTX
MSim

then set it to max....

then set it to max....

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/01 21:42:01 (permalink)
Delirious
XrayMan
Cool GTX
MSim

then set it to max....

then set it to max....

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/02 06:59:50 (permalink)
For more clarity

--> Mods can only "release" Posts that are in the "Posts waiting for Approval folder" or if we can find it in the recycle bin

If the Filter does other things to the post ... it is up to EVGA - backroom support to fix it

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/02 10:20:50 (permalink)
XrayMan

ok... THAT... is funny :) 
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/02 18:17:51 (permalink)
Yes, we have a new spam filter in place. I'm keeping an eye on legitimate posts that are getting filtered out on accident. It will probably take a little bit of training for it to not filter out as many legitimate posts. It's actually not happening too often (maybe 1-2 times a day) but I am sorry if it is frustrating. On the other hand, we were getting 20-30 spammers a day and that number has gone down to almost zero. Unfortunately, it's just a necessary evil in order to prevent getting overrun with keto (and other type of supplement) ads.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/02 20:45:44 (permalink)
I vote for better privacy Laws, and anti spam laws! You know, like sites aren’t allowed to track and sell your data and spam calls to ur cell, ur get paid $99 per ring/call for them waste your time....

Or wait, y’all talking about the forums, I we’ll... wishful thinking 😁
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/02 21:22:11 (permalink)
knightsilver
I vote for better privacy Laws, and anti spam laws! You know, like sites aren’t allowed to track and sell your data and spam calls to ur cell, ur get paid $99 per ring/call for them waste your time....

Or wait, y’all talking about the forums, I we’ll... wishful thinking 😁

FOCUS!

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 06:33:41 (permalink)

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 07:54:01 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Yes, we have a new spam filter in place. I'm keeping an eye on legitimate posts that are getting filtered out on accident. It will probably take a little bit of training for it to not filter out as many legitimate posts. It's actually not happening too often (maybe 1-2 times a day) but I am sorry if it is frustrating. On the other hand, we were getting 20-30 spammers a day and that number has gone down to almost zero. Unfortunately, it's just a necessary evil in order to prevent getting overrun with keto (and other type of supplement) ads.

So much for the verification stopping bots, now a spam filter is needed. I noticed the spam filter was catching my post about blizzard new expansion for world of warcraft. I removed the bold from the text i was copying and pasting, that allowed me to make the post after the4th attempt.

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 08:06:49 (permalink)
MSim

So much for the verification stopping bots, now a spam filter is needed. I noticed the spam filter was catching my post about blizzard new expansion for world of warcraft. I removed the bold from the text i was copying and pasting, that allowed me to make the post after the4th attempt.

Hopefully, it doesn't do that in the future. But I did see that when it came up on my log and would have restored the deleted one if that fourth one didn't get through. But spammers are a big problem for us, just as they are for every other website. If there's ever a post not getting through, feel free to PM myself or one of the moderators and they can restore it.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
alexslx
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 13:05:09 (permalink)
Hello,

I was editing my post about my soon-to-be-dying GPU and it vanished for good. Maybe because I tried to include a link to youtube showing my GPU, then removed the link (leaving the URL without link) and this got caught in some anti-spam method. As I'm not allowed to send PMs yet, can some mod verify it?

Thanks.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 14:04:27 (permalink)
alexslx
Hello,

I was editing my post about my soon-to-be-dying GPU and it vanished for good. Maybe because I tried to include a link to youtube showing my GPU, then removed the link (leaving the URL without link) and this got caught in some anti-spam method. As I'm not allowed to send PMs yet, can some mod verify it?

Thanks.

Where were you Posting this ?  a New thread ?

alexslx
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2019/11/03 14:38:50 (permalink)
Cool GTX
alexslx
Hello,

Thanks.

Where were you Posting this ?  a New thread ?

Editing, it was on EVGA GeForce 900/700/600/Legacy Series forums. Actually you were the last reply before I tried to edit and the thread just disappear. I still can see the link in my subscriptions but if I click on it, it redirect me to the legacy series forum index.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile