EVGA

GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid not mining at same rate as other cards

Author
Sgescat
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/10 18:00:09 (permalink)
Brand new install, when 5 other cards,( 2 of which are EVGAs as well, although different models) all are mining within 1-2% of each other the FTW3 Hybrid is at 40-60% depending on which algorithm it’s mining. I have changed risers twice, changed PCIE lanes, changed Power supply cables, and when I Rebenchmark between each step, NOTHING changes.... sent a request to EVGA support for help with things to check for and they’re response was “We Don’t officially support mining, check the forums and see if someone will help you”... my response was “I officially spent $900 with you for a product, that product isn’t performing as other products I’ve bought from you, can you at least give me some things to check instead of telling me to piss off?”

Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid not mining at same rate as other cards 2018/02/10 18:04:51 (permalink)
    Evga doesn’t support mining. There are crypto folks here that may be able to help, but no matter what amount of money you spend, it doesn’t change what is officially supported and what isn’t.

There are lots of things evga doesn’t support, like bios modding, but they allow them. Be glad they aren’t a company that would tag your account as a miner and cancel a warranty. Multiple companies said they were going to deny warranties to mining folk.
    Jayninja
    • Total Posts : 18
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid not mining at same rate as other cards 2018/02/10 18:26:46 (permalink)
    What OS are you doing this in? Linux? Windows? What are you using to OC? What miner are you using?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile