EVGA

Last time I buy something from EVGA

Author
mfalcon86
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/10 07:36:28 (permalink)
I bought an EVGA gtx1080FTW video card 7 months ago. Then the video card caught on fire and ten days ago I submitted a ticket to start the RMA process and get a new video card back.

Ten days and the RMA is not processed yet, I was told to wait 1-3 business days and we're past over that with no answer. I need the video card for work related issues and I'm losing time doing this and money because I have to outsource part of my work.

I'll never make the same mistake of buying something from EVGA again.

9 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 07:41:36 (permalink)
    Have you contacted support to see what the hold up is?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 07:55:16 (permalink)
    Let me see if I can elevate your post, try to get you a response faster - they are on the West coast

Have you called the 24x7 support today ?  https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Are you in the US ?

OK:  
    Ive e-mailed Level 2 support & Posted in Discord ---> hope to get you in touch with an EVGA employee soon

Weekend and all not sure how fast, EVGA employees were not visible currently on Discord
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2018/02/10 08:07:05

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

mfalcon86
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 08:04:30 (permalink)
    I've not called the 24x7 support because I'm in Argentina (I bought the videocard through Amazon on a trip to New York). I'm already losing money without a working video card and I don't want to continue losing it by making several calls to solve this issue.

Look at the following messages from customer support (and this was after several days of messages describing the problem):

2/3/2018 11:21:20 AM
    Buenas Tardes Mariano,

Your RMA has been started and I sent you an email with a confirmation. Please allow 1-3 business days for your RMA to be reviewed and approved. You will receive additional details when it is approved, thank you.

Saludos,
    EVGA

-----
    2/9/2018 8:16:24 PM
    Hello,

I will send a message to our LATAM support to make sure they know your request is still pending approval.

regards,
    EVGA
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 08:06:35 (permalink)
    Hopefully they can get the situation corrected soon. I have never had experience with LATAM EVGA other than when they post to help someone else.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 08:10:54 (permalink)
    OK, now  -- Argentina

I'm sorry to see that this is happening.

EVGA main office will still probably reach out by e-mail. 

Please make sure that your Forums e-mail in your profile is Current & also check your Spam/Junk mail folder.

EVGA Main office in California, USA - is my point of Contact ---> they should be able to reach out to the Argentina service center and find out more

Just to help make sure that EVGA can see everything easier ---> You did register the card under your EVGA account ?  (usually first step in RMA)

post edited by Cool GTX - 2018/02/10 08:17:19

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 08:37:33 (permalink)
    While logged in the Forums:

Top of the screen "MEMBER" pull down when selected, on leftside of pull down menu Under "MY EVGA"

Select -->"My Open RMAs" -- what can you see ?

TheBman83
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 08:53:49 (permalink)
    I sent in a similar RMA of my 1070 last week and my tracking showed it arrived at the RMA facility on the 2nd.  With no updates since then I sent in another ticket on the 7th which was finally responded to last night basically telling me to be patient. 

Your Question:
    I recently shipped this product in for RMA. According to my tracking information on Friday the 2nd it was received by your RMA department and signed for by Yazmin. Yet this website is still saying my next step is to ship the card to your RMA department. My question is, was it received and if it was received why hasn't this been updated on the website? It has been 3 and a half business days since the tracking says it was received with no update and I would like to know sooner rather than later if I need to file a claim with the carrier or if in fact the RMA department does have it and it is still being processed for whatever reason.

Your Answer:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting EVGA about your inquiry. If your tracking information shows it as received, we have your product. Please allow a couple of extra business days for us to get a replacement product to you. Our RMA team is working hard on getting these RMAs out!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via email or by phone at 1.888.881.3842. Our customer support office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days week.

Thank you,
    EVGA

Jacob B.

I understand the RMA team is working hard on getting RMAs out.  I guess what I don't understand is why it still shows pending if you've got my product for a full week.  I sent in an email yesterday afternoon to support a few hours before getting this response to my ticket from days ago.  I'm hoping it gets sorted out early next week but its not looking good as of right now.  Anyway I'm not meaning to piggyback onto your thread.  Just share what I think has been a similar experience so far.  
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/10 09:10:29 (permalink)
    There is a shortage of GPU’s.. plain and simple. If it is affecting RMA stock, it will take time for them to get you a new card out. I agree it should show received, but sometimes the update takes place once they are preparing a replacement to ship out to the user.
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: Last time I buy something from EVGA 2018/02/12 07:29:49 (permalink)
    This request is being handled by our Latin America team and they have been contacted with this information. We are currently awaiting for further information from them on this matter.

I do apologize for the delay on your RMA being processed. Please contact our support team at Soporte@evga.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
    EVGA Customer Support
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile