Games rebooting computer

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
rlb9682
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1049
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/11 09:33:05 (permalink)
Dr.Death
could be just household like the room is powered by one wire from the fuse box ?   I ran a independent  wire for the fuse box to this room dedicated to just my computer stuff  and bumped up the gauge of wire   to thicker  from what was used when the house was built  they did about as cheap a job as they could  to cut costs I guess ..

then I gues you buy a 7 warrantee year PSU and expect to go at least 10+ on it

if you do decide to do a UPS  just do your homework on them    be sure you get what you think you paid for   .   I ended up just saying screw it . 

this looks to do the job  and good hold up power  to get out of a mess  .   just don't know about cyberpower  branded stuff  . its not like I would pick there computers  ,but ??

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Outlets-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W

I had a dedicated line run to my office outlet-just for my PC. I ran into too many problems otherwise. Thankfully, our electrical panel had free slots to add on for something like that. 

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

vick1000
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/11 14:36:35 (permalink)
You have to make sure the UPS can supply the wattage needed, or it can't really do it's job right, supplementing low current and regulating voltage.
Dave3d
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 720
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/13 12:46:15 (permalink)
Dr.Death
could be just household like the room is powered by one wire from the fuse box ?   I ran a independent  wire for the fuse box to this room dedicated to just my computer stuff  and bumped up the gauge of wire   to thicker  from what was used when the house was built  they did about as cheap a job as they could  to cut costs I guess ..
then I gues you buy a 7 warrantee year PSU and expect to go at least 10+ on it
if you do decide to do a UPS  just do your homework on them    be sure you get what you think you paid for   .   I ended up just saying screw it . 
this looks to do the job  and good hold up power  to get out of a mess  .   just don't know about cyberpower  branded stuff  . its not like I would pick there computers  ,but ??
https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Outlets-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W

I have and have had the following Cyberpower units:
2200 x2

ALL of them are still in use today, except that 1 2200 that went out after 9 years of use.
All of them are at least 4 years old now
None of them fail in any way (I do NOT use the software they provide though, had some crashes back on xp because of them, so I dont use em anymore. And, I dont leave the computer on when I am not using it either, I shut the computer off), ie, I dont get anything shutting off, or the ups shuts off, or anything. All fine except that 1 2200 unit that the batteries lasted 3 years boyond what they were supposed to and went out after 8 years (5 year warranty on the batteries, and they lasted 8 years), but when I put in other batteries from the local shop here (I think they were super super cheap batteries, may have even been refurbed from the store), the motherboard/pcb on the unit went out a year later. But, having that last 9 years, when the warranty was only 5 years, was exceptional in my book.
And, since all the others have worked just as well, and way beyond their warranty, I can suggest you get one.
But, remember, PURE SINE only.
AND, no green, switching, power saving, phasing, double stage, whatever they want to call it. Get the one that is a regular, runs all the time, pure sine wave, unit. Dont cheap out on this, or you will have lots of issues.
Also, dont 'clean' your internet cable (dont use it through the ups), or phone line, or any dumb stuff like that. It just makes it bad having 1 more cross in the line, and is not needed anyway.

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
WNear
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/26 07:23:56 (permalink)
Just a quick update on the Seasonic PSU repair...

I sent my defective unit from NY to CA to be repaired/replaced. It took a week for my PSU to reach them.

The day after they received my defective PSU they sent out a refurbished PSU via FedEx. A week later I received the replacement unit.

I'm not a big fan of receiving refurbs, but this one seems to be fairly scratch/mar free and doesn't stink like smoke.

The ironic thing about this entire process is that Seasonic has two pages of instructions on how to package and ship your broken PSU to them (no Styrofoam peanuts or other "compressible" packing materials, at least 2-3 inches of bubble wrap around the unit itself, having the RMA number on the outside of the box on at least three sides, on and on...), but when I received the replacement unit it was inside of a priority mail envelope surrounded by STYROFOAM PEANUTS! So, the moral of the story is, make sure you pack a broken unit 10x better than we will return a working unit to you.

Oh well, this replacement PSU will sit in its box until the current PC Power & Cooling PSU takes a dump again (also a refurb).

Anyway, thanks again for all the help!

Bill

Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming mobo, Intel Core i7 10700K @ 5.2 GHz. CPU, 4x8 GBs. Crucial Vengeance RGB Pro 4000 MHz. RAM, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming 8GB, Noctua NH-D15 chromix.black heatsink, Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1 TB (boot), WD Gold 4 TB HD (data), 4 WD Gold 4 TB HD's (backup 1, 2, 3 & 4), Seasonic Platinum 1200 watt PSU, SilverStone TJ11 case, Dell S3220DGF monitor (Displayport), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)
Dave3d
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 720
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/26 19:55:04 (permalink)
LOL
Wow, that is horrible.
I would put the unit in just to make sure it works.
If you do kill the unit currently in your machine, and go to use the now backup one you just got back, say in a year or 2, and it goes up in smoke, you are out that psu and whatever it takes, if its out of warranty.
You dont even have to take the other one out of the case, just run it alongside (or better, on top or bottom of the case, so everything grounds).
Putting it in now will let you know if its at least good for a gaming session or 2. Or that it too needs to go back for yet another psu rma.
If it were me, I would not take any chances.

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
WNear
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Games rebooting computer 2018/02/27 04:24:32 (permalink)
Dave3d
LOL
Wow, that is horrible.
I would put the unit in just to make sure it works.
If you do kill the unit currently in your machine, and go to use the now backup one you just got back, say in a year or 2, and it goes up in smoke, you are out that psu and whatever it takes, if its out of warranty.
You dont even have to take the other one out of the case, just run it alongside (or better, on top or bottom of the case, so everything grounds).
Putting it in now will let you know if its at least good for a gaming session or 2. Or that it too needs to go back for yet another psu rma.
If it were me, I would not take any chances.

Unfortunately, you're right. :)

Bill

Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming mobo, Intel Core i7 10700K @ 5.2 GHz. CPU, 4x8 GBs. Crucial Vengeance RGB Pro 4000 MHz. RAM, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming 8GB, Noctua NH-D15 chromix.black heatsink, Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1 TB (boot), WD Gold 4 TB HD (data), 4 WD Gold 4 TB HD's (backup 1, 2, 3 & 4), Seasonic Platinum 1200 watt PSU, SilverStone TJ11 case, Dell S3220DGF monitor (Displayport), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile