EVGA

SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience

Author
GodXZY
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/01/19 22:55:58 (permalink)
I bought a SC17 980M beginning of December and my wireless adapter kept on crashing whenever I started a game. I tried fixing it reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting, rollbacking drivers, turning off my wifi on and off. However, soon I realized it was the NVIDIA GPU and then I started to notice a tick and rumbling sound. To ensure that it was not only my own wifi, I tried using my local library, starbucks, and other stores' wifis to see if the Internet would crash only for me. Indeed, it would only crash for me! Disabling my NVIDIA GPU driver worked to solving the wireless adapter issue, but now my computer was running on Intel HD graphics and couldn't even play anything. The problem worsened to the point where if I even turned on my NVIDIA driver, almost every time I ran a game or something requiring the GPU, my whole computer would crash. This was not limited to games, as anything requiring GPU power such as CADing would ultimately crash it. I decided to redeem my warranty. 

However, this is where everything goes even worse besides a defective product. I request a RMA, which is granted and I am quite pleased with. But after sending in my laptop, which already costs near $100 on my OWN part, my laptop RMA hasn't even been updated to say "received" even after a week of UPS giving me the delivery notification that it has been delivered. Having absolutely no laptop has been of high inconvenience, but even worse, is that I have sent in two tickets - one 4 days ago and another 2 days ago- and I still have gotten no reply of where the heck my replacement laptop is or what is going on. I also had to reset all my data on my SC17 to its original manufacturing settings which took extremely long. 

I have been checking almost every hour for an update on my RMA but nothing has resulted so far. 

Now I have turned to the forums to see if I can at least get a reply on why hasn't my laptop been at least "received" and get away from this horrible customer experience.
post edited by GodXZY - 2018/01/19 23:04:33

6 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/01/19 23:53:56 (permalink)
    Hello,

I apologize for the delay, I will be emailing you directly to gather more information in order to get this escalated. 

Everything is security. 
    GodXZY
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/01/23 21:58:01 (permalink)
    Anyone have an idea of how long it normally takes to check in a RMA? It's been two weeks... 
    Nikola Ghanty
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/02/12 03:18:57 (permalink)
    my SC17 1070 laptop had also started to act weird, my GPU is dying, the voltage doesn't go past 775mV, therefore lowering its overall performance. I'm getting 50-65 fps on Destiny 2 maxed at 1080p :(
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/02/12 03:20:25 (permalink)
    Nikola Ghanty
    my SC17 1070 laptop had also started to act weird, my GPU is dying, the voltage doesn't go past 775mV, therefore lowering its overall performance. I'm getting 50-65 fps on Destiny 2 maxed at 1080p :(

I'm sorry this happened to you, please submit a ticket or email support@evga.com so that we can assist with a repair. 

Everything is security. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/02/12 14:22:56 (permalink)
    GodXZY
    Anyone have an idea of how long it normally takes to check in a RMA? It's been two weeks... 

Two weeks to check in a rma?!?! That isn't normal at all.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: SC17 Laptop RMA not being Fulfilled: Having a Terrible RMA experience 2018/02/21 21:48:23 (permalink)

JeffP will take care of you. Thanks.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile