Affirm?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
albiss
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/27 16:23:50 (permalink)
panzlock
albiss
Just wanted to add that, it the above example, we see that someone bought some happiness by paying a penalty of 5,33$ a month, and had to pay that penalty for 6 months.
That's about 18 cents a day. To me, happiness at that price is quite cheap. :)

My two (non penalized) cents!

This is why there are so many people in first world nations who require social benefits. They refuse to take the time to save for something affordable, and even worse many fail to prioritize their spending choosing luxury over necessity. And typically it starts with something as trivial as $5.33/month.

And if you CAN adfford it, WHY, in the name of all that is modern, would you CHOOSE to pay interest on something you can afford??? Does this make sense to you???

Yes, but 18 cents a day!!!
(just kidding)

I think we all get it by now, there's no point reaffirming the same logic again and again.
For some reason, in a particular situation, we make decisions, and then we assume those decisions.
This post was quite interesting to read, it forced me to have a discussion with myself! :)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/27 18:47:06 (permalink)

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/27 18:50:44

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

albiss
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/28 04:51:41 (permalink)
Taking notes!
post edited by albiss - 2019/03/28 04:53:49

panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/28 07:37:19 (permalink)
RushXTC
Again, What are you on about? Does your whole life revolve around telling others what they should and shouldn't do just because the decision might seem dumb to you?

Get a life dude, Seriously. If I have the money to throw away, Then let me be. I never gave that advice to anyone, But again, You didn't read my 1st reply. I was giving MY experience and MY advice was for him not to do it.

"People make bad decisions with money" Yes, With OUR money, Not yours. So again, Get a life.

I also have never needed help from DPSS, So your previous point is nullified on me... Some people may have, But I make enough damn money to not ever need their assistance. Your point might be valid on someone who makes minimum or close to minimum, but I am no where near that level.

You don't know my financial status nor my cost of living or anything about me for that matter.

I never told anyone what to do. I provided logical suggestions.

These decisions don't seem dumb to me. They're dumb decisions.

I have a life.

If you throw away money, you are making a dumb decision.

That's great advice, not to throw away money needlessly...yet you do it. Please, for the love of god, don't dispense advice. I'm not telling you what to do, I am merely providing advice.

I never contested whose money people make bad decisions with. I'm pointing out that making bad financial decisions is common and certain individuals require guidance because this is not a trait learned in a classroom.

Again, I have a life.

Just because you don't require assistance doesn't mean you are good with money. Rich people still make poor life choices including financial, marital, educational, entertainment, etc... Just look at the Kardashians. They have so much money but they're all borderline retarded.

My point is valid, period, it's just lost on you because you think you're being told how to manage your personal finances. Making enough money doesn't mean the decisions you make aren't stupid.

I know that you needlessly waste money.
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/28 12:39:35 (permalink)
It's nice to see that you can't get over the fact that I do something myself and do not tell others to follow my steps.

Again, It' s my money not yours and because I do something a way, doesn't mean my advice will be the same way I do it.

So stop acting like you're this financial god and you ARE telling me what to do, You're telling me not to give advice, I do what I want, You're nobody to me. How about you continue doing what you do and stop telling me to do things your way? I don't care if I'm bad with money, there's plenty of it left. So you deal with your own money, I'll deal with my money. deal? or is this hard to get through your thick head?

I'll go needlessly waste my money on a stripper before doing something just because it'll make you happy. What a life you live.

This will be my final reply to you, seeing that no matter what I say, You don't get it through that thick skull of yours and a mod already deleted one of my replies either way. Good luck with everything! Hope you can persuade someone else to do as you say.
post edited by RushXTC - 2019/03/28 12:44:02

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/28 15:21:10 (permalink)

I, however, AM a financial god, so you should definitely listen to me.

You may also kneel before me in respect of my awesomeness. Puny human.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/03/28 15:22:15

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Affirm? 2019/03/28 15:25:03 (permalink)
albiss
Taking notes!

Good work, you'll go far. Carry on.

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/01 07:15:52 (permalink)
I think this thread has had some good advice but some of the back and forth is possible headed into a flame war in which nobody wins.

My view is joining the EVGA associates program would be free and would be a way to earn EVGA bucks but it could take a while to earn a massive savings but any discount helps. I also think it might be good to talk to your boss about a pay raise. Just $0.50 an hour comes out to $1040 a year extra for a full time job. That is enough to pay for most hobbies. Finally I think it wouldn’t hurt to see what loans you can take out at a bank. Then use the money they loan you to pay back the loan. It’s pretty easy to get approval for a loan if you say ask for a loan and have the same amount in collateral. You can’t access the money held in collateral until the loan is paid off but if you use the loan money to pay off the loan over a few months then all you are out is the interest. It’s a way to show you can make monthly payments and rebuild credit. The better credit you get the easier it is.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

jlucie
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/02 12:33:14 (permalink)
Hmm my credit score definitely needs work, but it's super easy to open a bank account and use a debit card for online purchases.
panzlock
FTW Member
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/02 13:15:15 (permalink)
jlucie
Hmm my credit score definitely needs work, but it's super easy to open a bank account and use a debit card for online purchases.

Banks know how to make people spend money and become indebted. Convenience. This is no accident.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11099
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/02 13:55:36 (permalink)
panzlock
jlucie

Banks know how to make people spend money and become indebted. Convenience. This is no accident.

Just like big tobacco, there are much worse things than interest that you can do with your money.
Like spending money on smoking. Makes the smoker smell like an ashtray, yellow teeth,spend a fortune on a product that slowly kills the user. Makes people look stupid standing outside a building in freezing cold weather just to smoke. 
I quit smoking in 2001 and have saved over 70,000$ after tax cash. Wish I never had started, think of all that money up in smoke.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/02 14:03:41 (permalink)
bill1024
panzlock
jlucie

Just like big tobacco, there are much worse things than interest that you can do with your money.
Like spending money on smoking. Makes the smoker smell like an ashtray, yellow teeth,spend a fortune on a product that slowly kills the user. Makes people look stupid standing outside a building in freezing cold weather just to smoke. 
I quit smoking in 2001 and have saved over 70,000$ after tax cash. Wish I never had started, think of all that money up in smoke.

Scary how much the cost of smoking adds up, right? In NYC cigarettes are hugely expensive - I believe NYC has the highest tax on tobacco products in the US, which has made cigarette smuggling a very lucrative 'business' here ..and they now have huge penalties if caught - $600 per carton! I gave up in 2004, haven't had a single puff since, and glad I gave up when I did - smoking is a huge waste of money.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11099
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/03 01:02:00 (permalink)
And most of the money is taxes. Whats worse, taxes or interest? I would rather pay interest.
At least I bought something I wanted, taxes are taken from us by the government. And to smoke and pay those high taxes voluntarily while making yourself smell like an ashtray. Not a wise financial  choice at all.

Sad thing is most people who smoke are lower educated, lower income people who really should not be waisting money like that.
My nephew would always ask me " Uncle Bill, let me borrow 50 bucks so I can get my diabetes meds, I can't afford them"
He always has a pack of smokes in his pocket. 
In NY they outlawed owing large snakes over 8ft as pets, cause some numbnut slept whit his and got strangled to death. 
But they will sell you a pack of smokes, smokes that kill tens of thousands of people every year. Go figure. 
And the 70k I saved, I bought a nice 93 SVT Mustang Cobra, did a restomod and made it the way I like. Paint, motor, blower......
Used some money to build several computers. And the money is enough to pay my insurance for all my cars now.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/03 05:12:08 (permalink)
panzlock
jlucie

That is not true and it’s unlikely to ever buy a new car or a home without credit. The best advice would be to read up on repairing credit on several sites and look for the common ideas between them. Also it never hurts to ask for a raise if it’s been a while. Finding quality workers can be hard so they might increase pay to keep a good employee.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

panzlock
FTW Member
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/04 07:34:16 (permalink)
Hoggle
panzlock
jlucie

That is not true and it’s unlikely to ever buy a new car or a home without credit. The best advice would be to read up on repairing credit on several sites and look for the common ideas between them. Also it never hurts to ask for a raise if it’s been a while. Finding quality workers can be hard so they might increase pay to keep a good employee.

......WHAT???

You know that you don't actually have to pay banks a dime for housing transactions, right? The money can be transferred directly between the seller and buyer. All you really need is a binding contract drafted by lawyers (another leech) to ensure the seller is protected.

Do yourselves a favour and don't buy brand new cars financed on anything greater than zero! Dumbest idea ever. Matter of fact, don't buy brand new cars, period. Every car I bought I bargained for. If the dealer didn't want to budge, I found a new dealer. I find that 99% of people are suckers when inside a car dealership because they're too timid to negotiate. So they pay full price for the car, at 2-5% financing (Jesus wept) then they bring it back to the dealer for every oil change so warranty is not voided. AND they pay for parts when the cars break down. Used cars, man. Used cars.

Didn't realize I'd have to explain convenience to people. It's about how they encourage you to spend your money. Drive thru cash withdrawal, tap cards so you don't physically see your money leaving your hand, etc... Why did you even bring up mortgages and car financing? There are so many other...you know what? Work this out for yourselves. It's right there in plain sight how institutions make it convenient to spend money.

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
Re: Affirm? 2019/04/04 14:21:56 (permalink)
Hello everyone. Please keep any discussion on topic. This thread has spun out into a political discussion and this forum is not a political forum. I have cleaned up multiple posts in this thread. Let's all keep politics and/or personal attacks out of the discussion.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
kwc813
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Affirm? 2019/07/22 13:16:08 (permalink)
I thought I'd take a look when the 12 month 0 interest promo came out.  Pre qualified twice for $3200, put a card in my cart, went through checkout to Affirm, punched the button for 12 months, it showed I'd be paying about $86 in interest total.  This was EVGA's 12 month/0 interest with Affirm promo.  Obviously not.  AMD has grown by leaps and bounds...I think now's the time to try a Radeon RX 5700 XT.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Affirm? 2019/07/22 13:38:21 (permalink)
kwc813
I thought I'd take a look when the 12 month 0 interest promo came out.  Pre qualified twice for $3200, put a card in my cart, went through checkout to Affirm, punched the button for 12 months, it showed I'd be paying about $86 in interest total.  This was EVGA's 12 month/0 interest with Affirm promo.  Obviously not.  AMD has grown by leaps and bounds...I think now's the time to try a Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Review Thread EVGA Now Offering 0% Financing For 12 Months on EVGA.com with Affirm

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

kwc813
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Affirm? 2019/07/22 13:48:33 (permalink)
That's the thread I went through, followed it directly to check out in that thread as I normally do (many times over), it takes you to payment choices and Affirm IS one of those.  When Affirm is selected it gives a button for the promo.  When that button is selected it breaks it down to 12 months at about $50 PLUS approx $86.00 in interest.  That's the reason I posted.  I'm a builder and go through a LOT of cards, often EVGA and I make very little above my costs, that's why any price break is important.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Affirm? 2019/07/22 13:58:25 (permalink)
kwc813
That's the thread I went through, followed it directly to check out in that thread as I normally do (many times over), it takes you to payment choices and Affirm IS one of those.  When Affirm is selected it gives a button for the promo.  When that button is selected it breaks it down to 12 months at about $50 PLUS approx $86.00 in interest.  That's the reason I posted.  I'm a builder and go through a LOT of cards, often EVGA and I make very little above my costs, that's why any price break is important.

As a builder, you should consider ordering from a wholesale company so you can get a better deal.

This thread was also old. The other thread you referenced is more up to date, and user would be better suited to use it rather than bringing up a thread with old information. While nothing will stop the use of an older thread, it can still be misleading if someone thinks it is the newer thread because it is at the top of the forum.
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Affirm? 2019/07/22 18:39:26 (permalink)
kwc813

This has nothing to do with eVGA or nvidia for that matter.... lol?

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile