Author
Pitfighter
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 267
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/16 12:07:10 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdv_KMHeUbc

With older games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Minecraft having hundreds of thousands of current players on-line, BF4 possibly can recover and remain viable well into the future.

24 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/16 12:50:35 (permalink)
    (for the lazy people)

I don't know if BF4 can recover. The next battlefield game will eat away at BF4 player base.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/16 13:50:34 (permalink)

For the laziest people ;-)

I miss BF4. I look forward to Bad Company 3! I have heard great things about BC2, and should play it just for the idea of how it plays.
    Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/16 14:53:54 (permalink)
    I honestly don't think you can lump Minecraft into the whole thing. I feel it's lost so much popularity with Youtubers due to the toxic community and I believe in general lost popularity due to so many recently unpopular updates.

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3429
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/17 14:58:02 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

For the laziest people ;-)

I miss BF4. I look forward to Bad Company 3! I have heard great things about BC2, and should play it just for the idea of how it plays.

lol, Thank You 

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4754
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/19 18:01:11 (permalink)
    I play BF4 more than BF1 and pray they bring back what's missing in BF1

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
    rlb9682
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1049
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/19 18:49:28 (permalink)
    owcraftsman

Like what? Ucavs? Ugh. Spare me that crap. I'll take BF1 any day over mavs and ucavs.

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/19 21:06:47 (permalink)
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman

Like what? Ucavs? Ugh. Spare me that crap. I'll take BF1 any day over mavs and ucavs.

I can do without UCAVs but they do curb camping snipers

#1 I want real dedicated servers with admin control and kick capability.
    #2  I miss battlelog with all it had to offer. To be honest I hated it at first but grew to Love it.
    In particular having it open in a separate monitor while in game to do the following:
    • I like how well you can shop servers
    • check stats
    • change load out
    • open battle packs
    • I can see everyone in game at a glance
    • I can see everyone of 64 players pings at a glance while in game
    • I can look up stats of that guy going 72-0 all head shots without leaving the game then spectate him, record the evidence, kick him and then ban him from my server.
    • I can pick a server that isn't lop sided and evenly matched before I join a server
    • I can see at a glance the next map or collection of maps on a given server
    • I can see ticket rate and team scores at a glance
    • I can check to see if there are hackers before I join a server
    • I can crews all the above and much more without logging time in the game
    I also miss being able to spectate and being commander.
    BF1 is a huge step backwards and promotes lone wolves more than ever before.
    It has nixed Clans as well as team work too and literally sucks in comparison to BF4.
    For what I paid for premium I should be getting more control not less. 
    Beyond sucking it's a rip off.
    The whole thing is a huge step backward for PC gaming all to put more money in EA pockets by giving us less.

In other words I don't want a console game on PC.

It's like going to your favorite restaurant and the portions keep getting smaller and smaller while the prices go up. I'd rather pay more and get the same ole.

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/19 22:22:46 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman

#2  I miss battlelog with all it had to offer. To be honest I hated it at first but grew to Love it.
    In particular having it open in a separate monitor while in game to do the following:
    • check stats
    • change load out
    • open battle packs
    • I can look up stats of that guy going 72-0 all head shots without leaving the game then spectate him, record the evidence, kick him and then ban him from my server.
    • I can pick a server that isn't lop sided and evenly matched before I join a server
    It has nixed Clans as well as team work too and literally sucks in comparison to BF4.
    The whole thing is a huge step backward for PC gaming all to put more money in EA pockets by giving us less.

It's like going to your favorite restaurant and the portions keep getting smaller and smaller while the prices go up. I'd rather pay more and get the same ole.

We can't have that anymore on the PC. The big game publishers don't want console gamers to feel like they have inferior version of the game. That hurts console sales too much.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/19 23:40:34 (permalink)
    I have to agree with it being made for consoles sales to the point at which the PC version has became inferior because of it. I kind of wish they would separate the two since I like the control PC games used to offer but I don't see it ever coming back to being as good as it once was.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/20 08:37:00 (permalink)
    MSim
    (for the lazy people)

I don't know if BF4 can recover. The next battlefield game will eat away at BF4 player base.

Thanks for fixing my post.
    Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/20 08:52:29 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman

• check stats
    • change load out
    • open battle packs

+1

Future BF titles may no longer do the above, but since it is widely speculated that the next title will be based in the past, for those itching for modern/near future settings, can still look to BF3 and BF4. On top of that, BF4 is now selling for less than half of BF1 and in some cases, the Premium maps can be gotten for free.

Speaking of Premium, not many servers are running the Premium DLCs in BF4. If only more servers will run the DLCs, it can only add to the attraction and longevity of this game.
    rlb9682
    FTW Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/20 09:43:11 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman

• check stats
    • change load out
    • open battle packs

I totally agree on most of those points; sorry thought you were referring to gameplay only. 
    The thing is though; the BF community decided they don't want clans to have control of their own server. You should see how much backlash there is for any clan on BF1-it's astounding. So yeah, we get a degraded product in large part because that's what the community decided it wanted. I can only point out that I read so many times the PC community begging DICE to get rid of clan controlled servers and guess what? They got it. 

I don't think BF1 promotes lone wolf any more than any BF title. It always comes down to who wants to play as a squad or not. If players want to work together they usually win. The lopsided team losses you see in BF1 is 99% due to one side not working together and deciding they want to be a lone wolf and go after their own goals. Bottom line though, like in all BF games, play the objectives and you've got a good shot at winning or at least a very close game. 

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/21 01:38:26 (permalink)
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman
    rlb9682
    owcraftsman

• check stats
    • change load out
    • open battle packs

I totally agree on most of those points; sorry thought you were referring to gameplay only. 
    The thing is though; the BF community decided they don't want clans to have control of their own server. You should see how much backlash there is for any clan on BF1-it's astounding. So yeah, we get a degraded product in large part because that's what the community decided it wanted. I can only point out that I read so many times the PC community begging DICE to get rid of clan controlled servers and guess what? They got it. 

I don't think BF1 promotes lone wolf any more than any BF title. It always comes down to who wants to play as a squad or not. If players want to work together they usually win. The lopsided team losses you see in BF1 is 99% due to one side not working together and deciding they want to be a lone wolf and go after their own goals. Bottom line though, like in all BF games, play the objectives and you've got a good shot at winning or at least a very close game. 

Nothing personal, but how do you know for sure that the BF "community", in its entirety, decided they do not want clan controlled servers?

Just take a look at all active servers, from BF1942, through BF4, most, if not all, are clan servers. NOT ONE OF THEM ARE EA/DICE "official" servers, save for a Desert Combat EA server in BF1942. Even in BF4, ALL "official" servers are not run or paid for by EA/DICE. ALL of the so-called official BF4 servers are paid for by clans or individuals like myself.
    All of these servers that players play
    in are run by the very same groups that they supposedly reject. And these "official" servers were there from day one, including EVGA's.

I am sorry, just because some self-righteous Youtubers like "LevelCap" and others like him, have influenced EA, does not necessarily mean the entire BF community has rejected clan controlled servers. For sure there are despicable clans and affiliated individuals out there, but I've also encountered MANY more reputable clans and gaming groups throughout the years..

The only true "official" EA servers are now in BF1. And who knows how long EA will keep these BF1 servers active. Given EA's propensity for making greed priority decisions, I have a feeling BF1 will be "life cycled" by EA in a short period of time.
    rlb9682
    FTW Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/21 17:41:28 (permalink)
    I'm just relating what I've seen on Battlelog, past posts from DICE Devolopers and players, and in game in both BF4 and BF1. 
    Have you played BF1 recently? There is a LOT of negativity about clans from players there. I see that every time I play. Even if that doesn't represent the whole community, a lot are very vocal about hatred of any clan. 

I'm not arguing for or against, in fact I'd much rather have clan controlled servers, but what I have seen and what I continue to see is a large amount of negativity about clan controlled servers. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/22 03:31:04 (permalink)
    DICE address the badmins issue by adding Official server mode to BF4, Official mode is the only mode that receive traffic from people choosing play now.  

What happened to BF1 is due to EA wanting the same console design version for all platforms. EA makes more money from console gamers. They can't have console gamers feeling like they have the inferior version. 

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/22 12:13:39 (permalink)
    Battlelog was the only good thing DICE has done with the franchise since 2011. They killed that off because they are always trying to reinvent the wheel and thus once standard features are now removed and we get stuff like Battlefield 1 on PC.........

To make sure they were as obnoxious as possible they removed the franchises best feature from previous titles as well just because they could.
    Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/23 20:53:38 (permalink)
    rlb9682
    I'm just relating what I've seen on Battlelog, past posts from DICE Devolopers and players, and in game in both BF4 and BF1. 
    Have you played BF1 recently? There is a LOT of negativity about clans from players there. I see that every time I play. Even if that doesn't represent the whole community, a lot are very vocal about hatred of any clan. 

I'm not arguing for or against, in fact I'd much rather have clan controlled servers, but what I have seen and what I continue to see is a large amount of negativity about clan controlled servers. 

I haven't played BF1 in almost a year, so I'm out of the loop about what the crybabies there are complaining about.

As I stated earlier, there are despicable clans and admins, but in my experience with running servers, a lot of these crybabies screaming "badmins" are not as innocent as they claim to be. But, that issue is for another discussion.

I believe DICE could have done better to address the issue about clan servers, such as possibly labeling each server as OFFICIAL or as COMMUNITY server.
    In CS: GO, players click a button in the server browser labelled, "Community servers", in order to access clan servers.
    In BF4, players can't tell the difference between an "official" server and a kick/ban enabled clan server.
    And, players are still unaware that there are no kicks or bans in official servers.

As it stands, it appears EA is taking advantage of this situation and using "badmins" as a convenient excuse to ditch or cripple community servers.
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/23 22:57:38 (permalink)
    rlb9682

The crybabies find it too hard to use their Chinese hacks when they can be kicked for using them.
    The same, has noting better to do all day long but play the game and hang out in forums and whine.
    Certainly EA knows they don't represent the majority and conveniently use them as an excuse to cheapen there games on their backs.
    The very few who were kicked for no good reason is no excuse to excuse the ones who know EA can't discover there hacks and lie when they are caught by clans.
    Sad we all must pay for EA's inability to make a hack proof game.
    I would't doubt EA is somehow making money on the side facilitating hacks or at the very least turns the other cheek knowing it will kill a game saving them money supporting it.
    One can only hope one day we have a whistle blower spill the beans.

TechN9neTwiztid
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/24 00:13:56 (permalink)
    Sad face wish I had my PC where I'm living now cuz I would so be playing bf4. Bf1 to me I only did the beta and maybe for an hour wasn't that great. It didn't feel right compared to bf3 or bf4 even with bf4's netcode issues and the billion other issues that it had and some it still dose. Bf1 felt like another forced game quickly put out using the same engine as bf4 and fixing the netcoding witch they could do with bf4 in my opinion. Hard line was the same way pushed upon the battlefield community and ea making as much as they can. If you even look at medal of honor warfighter in a way was the beta/test for bf4 as odd as that seems but to me it was. Bf4 to be honest takes a lot of skill to play cuz of its issues and makes it fun. Even tho I hate vehicles and the nade spam and stuff like that I do infantry only lol cuz a lot is op it still made the game challenging just my opinion lol
    user1336
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/26 04:22:05 (permalink)
    After almost 4k hours of playtime I switched over to BF1.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/26 06:24:29 (permalink)
    It's nice to play on Official BF4 servers.

Don't have to worry about:
    • Servers spamming messages like "were on social media" or "donate to help keep the server going" every 3-5mins
    • Servers trying to restrict where you can take vehicles
    • Badmins kicking you so they can have the land/air vehicle they want
    • Poorly setup auto-balance plugins that move you other team all the time or with 5mins left on the map

We wonder why any game publisher would ever want to lock down rcon and server settings.

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/26 09:52:02 (permalink)
    MSim

• Servers spamming messages like "were on social media" or "donate to help keep the server going" every 3-5mins
    • Poorly setup auto-balance plugins that move you other team all the time or with 5mins left on the map

We wonder why any game publisher would ever want to lock down rcon and server settings.

I agree about the auto-balance plugins. Those are one of my pet peeves when it comes to using Multi-Balancer and True Balancer plug ins.

Instead of locking players in after an auto switch, I gave players the option to switch back if they didn't like the move.

Another plugin pet peeve was Language Enforcer. This retarded plugin produced false positives, which resulted in players being kicked/punished even though they hadn't committed language violations.

Some "badmins" aren't necessarily looking for cheaters or are taking advantage of their powers. They simply don't know what they are doing.
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/27 18:54:29 (permalink)
    MSim

I agree stuff like that happens but not with good clans and especially when you belong to the clan in question.
    If you don't belong to the clan and don't contribute then you get what you give.
    Clans aren't the problem. Bad actors are a fact of life and demonizing clans won't fix that.
    Punishing all of us for the few who act badly is not the right way to handle it.
    Most clans take all of this very seriously and have strict rule for admins those who don't and are caught misbehaving should loose there privileges including not being able to rent another server with a different clan name. 
    The sooner we start punishing bad actors the better off all of us will be gaming. How about 3 strikes your out of all games. 
    The easy way out is not a good solution IMHO

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: BF4 comeback? 2017/12/27 22:17:33 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    MSim

I agree stuff like that happens but not with good clans and especially when you belong to the clan in question.
    If you don't belong to the clan and don't contribute then you get what you give.
    Clans aren't the problem. Bad actors are a fact of life and demonizing clans won't fix that.
    Punishing all of us for the few who act badly is not the right way to handle it.
    Most clans take all of this very seriously and have strict rule for admins those who don't and are caught misbehaving should loose there privileges including not being able to rent another server with a different clan name. 
    The sooner we start punishing bad actors the better off all of us will be gaming. How about 3 strikes your out of all games. 
    The easy way out is not a good solution IMHO

That is true, that never happened on good clan servers.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile