EVGA

After installing IBM M1015 SATA3 memory error

Author
spenza
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/14 17:37:05 (permalink)
After installing an IBM M1015 SATA3 card in an Evga X58, attempting to boot to the original hard drive via the onboard SATA2 results in the following:

"No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager. The system cannot continue."

I need to transfer the OS and data from this hard drive to the other 4 new SSD hard drives connected to the SAS on the RAID card.

Before buying another SAS cable, any idea if connecting the original HD to the card will likely work? Any other suggestions?

2 Replies Related Threads

ggaribaldi
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: After installing IBM M1015 SATA3 memory error 2017/12/15 22:43:22 (permalink)
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. as long as the drive is single and not part of an array and the hba is working properly, it could be that the hba is taking priority in boot sequence. try this though if applicable; Check bios boot sequence, physically remove all other drives that are not the os and try to boot into that first. Make sure that its the first bootable device in bios. I believe i remember seeing that error when rebuilding my raid 0 and still having two sata storage drives attached. I temporarily removed them from my hot swap bays and then the os raid booted fine, i reattached the storage drives and everything worked fine there after. That could have been luck, but i do remember seeing that error and that ended up working for me. You could also get a sata to usb adapter and transfer data that way if this does not work. hope some of that helps!

Interestingly im also having issues with the the same hba.  I'm very curious as to how you got your IBM M1015 to work on an x58 mobo? I have an evga x58 sli and the card (9220-8i) does not show any signs in post, and in windows it has a code 10 error the device cannot start.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: After installing IBM M1015 SATA3 memory error 2017/12/20 10:17:06 (permalink)
    i never could get that card working correctly, the stock raid bios on it required a uefi bios to work which the x58 lacks, even when i used it in a dell server with a uefi bios it was wonky, so i flashed it to a non gui, non raid card version and it worked fine after that in both systems. now its in my server using software raid in bsd and works great.
    almost forgot, you have to use a ps2 keyboard to access it, something with polling rate. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile