Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2017/12/11 08:29:51 (permalink)
after a minor loop redesign and some new stuff from coldzero and new GPU this rig is finally the way i want it (for now )
changes include,
coldzero psu cover
changed the top on my res to allow a top return and external fill port
foam gaskets between the fans and rad
moved the GPU bracket down since the 1080 FTW2 is so honkin big

i do love the overclock on this 1080 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498

40 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/11 08:36:27 (permalink)
    Well done, very well done

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/11 08:41:43 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Well done, very well done

thanks. i did throw in a tribute to the mighty x58 classy

fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/11 17:02:11 (permalink)
    I like it even more now, superb job quad. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102252
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/12 01:26:56 (permalink)
    Looks great. A lot of work went into this mod.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/12 01:36:52 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Looks great. A lot of work went into this mod.

Yes. A lot of dremal work for the gpu mount and coldzero parts, but worth it in the end.

Krzysztof47
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 430
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/12 14:55:11 (permalink)
    Wow this is an amazing system you made, nice to see the Watercool res and great job with the hard tubing!
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/12 22:18:08 (permalink)

Good job.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 00:22:44 (permalink)
    Very nice and clean. The hard water cooling tubes look perfect. Even the cables blend in very nice that you don't notice them unless you really look. The vertical GPU really stands out very nice in the case.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 16:35:03 (permalink)
    Krzysztof47
    Wow this is an amazing system you made, nice to see the Watercool res and great job with the hard tubing!

i really like the res, the round ones are everywhere and i dont care for the acrylic material and the round glass ones just dont look good imo, while the tube is round and made of glass the overall design just has a different look. i kinda wish i would have went with taller 150 version over this 100 but i wasnt sure it would fit in the beginning but it still looks cool anyway. 

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 16:36:53 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Good job.     

Hoggle
    Very nice and clean. The hard water cooling tubes look perfect. Even the cables blend in very nice that you don't notice them unless you really look. The vertical GPU really stands out very nice in the case.

thanks. the dremal came in very handy in hiding the cables

Krzysztof47
    iCX Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:06:22 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

i really like the res, the round ones are everywhere and i dont care for the acrylic material and the round glass ones just dont look good imo, while the tube is round and made of glass the overall design just has a different look. i kinda wish i would have went with taller 150 version over this 100 but i wasnt sure it would fit in the beginning but it still looks cool anyway. 

I am sure down the road you can make the conversion to 150, all you would need are the metal struts and the tube, again excellent job on your system. 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:12:01 (permalink)
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

I am sure down the road you can make the conversion to 150, all you would need are the metal struts and the tube, again excellent job on your system. 

I thought about doing that but the output tube would require rebending since i would have to drop the res down some for the taller tube, which was no easy bend lol, i wasted $40 in brass to get it right.

Krzysztof47
    iCX Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:15:12 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

I thought about doing that but the output tube would require rebending since i would have to drop the res down some for the taller tube, which was no easy bend lol, i wasted $40 in brass to get it right.

Yeah I would honestly leave the res the way it is.  Seams more then adequate for your system, I use a small 150ml res for my system and it works fine.  Also really like the metal tubing, bet that was time consuming.   
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:21:16 (permalink)
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

Yeah I would honestly leave the res the way it is.  Seams more then adequate for your system, I use a small 150ml res for my system and it works fine.  Also really like the metal tubing, bet that was time consuming.   

The learning curve was steep and pricey lol, once i got the correct bender it went well but the alphacool 10/13mm tube is a bear to bend, tried some 10/12mm but it would just kink. If to do again i would use 1/2 OD copper and just have it plated, would cost about the same but comes in longer sticks and much easier to bend and the alphacool 13mm HT fitting fit tight on it.

Krzysztof47
    iCX Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:23:23 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

The learning curve was steep and pricey lol, once i got the correct bender it went well but the alphacool 10/13mm tube is a bear to bend, tried some 10/12mm but it would just kink. If to do again i would use 1/2 OD copper and just have it plated, would cost about the same but comes in longer sticks and much easier to bend and the alphacool 13mm HT fitting fit tight on it.

I can imagine, but none the less it worked out in the end for you.  I know bitspower makes metal tubing, maybe check them out someday if you do it again. 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:25:34 (permalink)
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

I can imagine, but none the less it worked out in the end for you.  I know bitspower makes metal tubing, maybe check them out someday if you do it again. 
    that was the ones that kinked, the 12mm OD made the walls a little to thin

Krzysztof47
    iCX Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/13 19:27:11 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47
    quadlatte
    Krzysztof47

that was the ones that kinked, the 12mm OD made the walls a little to thin

I see, well I dont do hard tubing so I am not too familiar with its constraints, I just use EK ZMT 3/8-5/8.  Again well done.   
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: finally the way i want it 2017/12/27 13:48:56 (permalink)
    Very nice looking build quad, the tubing looks great. It was definitely worth the effort. I like the lighting as well. +1 :)
    LilSkillet
    • Total Posts : 58
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/21 19:30:41 (permalink)
    Wow, Just Wow Amazing lighting and hard tubing. you got to show me how you got such clean cable management
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/21 20:29:25 (permalink)
    LilSkillet
    Wow, Just Wow Amazing lighting and hard tubing. you got to show me how you got such clean cable management

Ran them all behind the mb tray cover, put heat shrink over connectors and hid most under the psu shroud. Also to eliminate extra length I repinned all of them to custom size. The back side isn't super pretty like some show rig are but its tidy

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102252
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 06:42:40 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    LilSkillet

Ran them all behind the mb tray cover, put heat shrink over connectors and hid most under the psu shroud. Also to eliminate extra length I repinned all of them to custom size. The back side isn't super pretty like some show rig are but its tidy

The end result is just super.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 07:22:40 (permalink)
    Wait, that's Obsidian 750D. You remove DVD-RW same as I plan...
    This is only way to my case become normal watercooling compatible and I will do that as well...
    Only I'm not sure maybe to keep just one DVD-RW place...

This could be very cool option for me, DVD-RW is thiner than motherboard tray and construction and could be removed drilling rivert, or cutted if I want to leave only one.
    I thought about that and before but I didn't want to cut case, now it's pretty old and it;s time...
    I have solid aluminum panel free to cut for peaces for radiator holder, even if paint off they will not be visible.
    I measure maybe even have space for 420mm, but 360mm perfect.

That would be amazing temperatures, 280mm + 360mm radiator for CPU/VRM+GPU cooling.
    I would not expect more than 50-55C max.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10327
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 07:49:51 (permalink)
    Really nice, clean looking build there...  +1.

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 08:55:38 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    Wait, that's Obsidian 750D. You remove DVD-RW same as I plan...
    This is only way to my case become normal watercooling compatible and I will do that as well...
    Only I'm not sure maybe to keep just one DVD-RW place...

This could be very cool option for me, DVD-RW is thiner than motherboard tray and construction and could be removed drilling rivert, or cutted if I want to leave only one.
    I thought about that and before but I didn't want to cut case, now it's pretty old and it;s time...
    I have solid aluminum panel free to cut for peaces for radiator holder, even if paint off they will not be visible.
    I measure maybe even have space for 420mm, but 360mm perfect.

That would be amazing temperatures, 280mm + 360mm radiator for CPU/VRM+GPU cooling.
    I would not expect more than 50-55C max.
    removing the 5 1/4 bay rack is tricky, it is stamped and part of the frame. In order to remove it you have to cut it out, unlike others were its just a couple rivets holding it in.

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 22:54:13 (permalink)
    In my case is not part of the Frame, I exactly see rivets for holding on different place. I need to remove front mask to drill few rivets and two of them are on motherboard tray, construction and motherboard tray is much thicker material than DVD-RW Cage. Than I will drill holes in motherboard tray for two holders for 360mm radiator from aluminum on motherboard tray.
    Maybe just two small holders, maybe I will cut sold panel for something like this...

I have extra panel solid aluminum panel, I don't use him... more than enough materials...

Other option is only to drill few holes on bottom of case, that area is flat and use something like this...
    With 4-6 stronger screws this could hold whole 360mm radiator in vertical position together with pump and reservoir mounted on fans.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 23:07:04 (permalink)
    With mine it had not only those rivets but you have to cut it from the front stamping, it comes out in two parts, look closely at the vertical close to the bay covers, took me awhile to figure out how to get it out, then out came the dremal lol. If you want to use the mb full tray cover from cold zero the you have to trim the mb tray also. Well worth it though. Just wish there was a different panel for the front that was all mesh or smooth to get rid of the 5 1/4 bay covers.

LilSkillet
    • Total Posts : 58
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/22 23:58:07 (permalink)
    Quadlatte thanks but half of that i dont get but cool and custom length? where the hell do i get custom cables.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/23 00:02:17 (permalink)
    LilSkillet
    Quadlatte thanks but half of that i dont get but cool and custom length? where the hell do i get custom cables.

You can make them. For the psu check mod-one or cablemod

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: finally the way i want it 2018/01/23 06:34:24 (permalink)
    Anyone have a Link to this Item?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile