EVGA

Locked[DG Tuner] 3000 RPM Noctua fans do not start until fan speed is set to 70%

Author
AudieMurphy135
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/06 15:25:34 (permalink)
Not sure if this is an issue with the DG-8 case / fan headers, or an issue with DG Tuner itself, so I figured I'd post this here, too. Copy / pasted from my previous thread under the EVGA Cases subforum.

Hello, I just recently finished a new build using a DG-86 case. I replaced most of the fans with Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fans that I used on my previous build, however when using the DG Tuner software to adjust the fan speeds, the Noctua fans do not begin spinning until I set it to 70% speed (which is way too loud for idle speeds). They will twitch and make a rapid clicking sound at anything under that. The stock EVGA fans, however, power on just fine even at 5%, and the Noctua fans that are connected to the motherboard work fine as well. Was wondering if anyone else has run into a similar issue or knows a way to resolve this. Thanks!

Also, as a side note, being able to set fan curves would be an amazing feature to have in a future update.

1 Reply Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: [DG Tuner] 3000 RPM Noctua fans do not start until fan speed is set to 70% 2017/12/06 16:16:46 (permalink)

You already have a similar thread in another section. Locking as a duplicate:   https://forums.evga.com/Noctua-3000-RPM-fans-do-not-work-properly-with-DG86-fan-headers-m2736121.aspx

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile