EVGA

Z270 Stinger No Option in BIOS to turn PWM to DC. Setting fan to off does nothing

Author
fahimfahim
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/02 11:03:31 (permalink)
Hi all,

So I have a PWM on the CPU header, which is running as expected. I have 2 case fans connected to the other 2 headers using 3 pin connectors. I am on the latest BIOS (1.03 I think). There is no drop down option in the bios to set either of the fans from PWM to DC. The smart fan settings have zero effect. Just for kicks I tried turning both fans off in the BIOS. No effect. Changing settings on Speedfan also has no effect.

Basically, no matter what I do the 2 3 pin fans run at 100%, and the CPU fan runs autonomously. I think the bios is screwed up. Its a pity no one seems to use EVGA Motherboards, and hence EVGA tech support is just quietly complacent. Any suggestions?

3 Replies Related Threads

jtalas
    • Total Posts : 18
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Z270 Stinger No Option in BIOS to turn PWM to DC. Setting fan to off does nothing 2017/12/02 12:23:47 (permalink)
    Hi Fahimfahim,

Unfortunately, DC option was removed by EVGA in one of the BIOS updates. You can find some details in this thread:
    https://forums.evga.com/Z270-3pin-fan-support-DC-and-RAM-XMP-m2733807.aspx

Best Regards,

János
    Happy Owner of EVGAs
    Hadron Air
    Z270 Stinger
    1080 Ti Gaming
    fahimfahim
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Z270 Stinger No Option in BIOS to turn PWM to DC. Setting fan to off does nothing 2017/12/02 22:25:17 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply Janos. Do you know by any chance which version of the bios is the last one to have had DC fan support?
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Z270 Stinger No Option in BIOS to turn PWM to DC. Setting fan to off does nothing 2017/12/05 20:42:00 (permalink)
    fahimfahim
    Thanks for the reply Janos. Do you know by any chance which version of the bios is the last one to have had DC fan support?

None did, i think it was a revision to the bios before release and never got updated in the manual or specs. My classy had the release bios and would not control 3 pin fans from the start. You can use either a external control device or change to pwm, but even with pwm some of the headers follow other headers like cpu1 or cpu 2 and they are stepped to like three speeds so if you want a real multi point curve then you have to use speed fan. I only use cpu1 on my board of the 7 headers for my rad fans with speedfan, all the rest i control with corsair link. The new commander pro will do both pwm and DC fans aswell as rgb and temp probes.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile