EVGA

EVGA CLC 280m Cooler USB?

Author
zulaz
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/28 11:59:50 (permalink)
So I am setting up a new computer and just got a 280mm CLC cooler. I am really confused about the whole usb-hook-up-thing. From what I understand from the install pamphlet(could really use some more explanation in some areas). I am to disconnect my frontside USB from the motherboard and install a USB cable for the cpu cooler directly to the motherboard.

So is there away to install this and still have front side usb that I missed? I did not see any pass through connections or spliter in the packaging, nor does the cables from my case's USB have a pass through for USB.
Can I connect the usb, setup everything and then install my cases front side usb as intended?
Do I need to do this? I would rather not install some background service on the computer and I really like having front side USB.

2 Replies Related Threads

JosephL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 662
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA CLC 280m Cooler USB? 2017/11/28 13:47:58 (permalink)
    Hello zulaz and welcome to the Forums!

You can use the CLC 280 without the USB connected. That is just so that it can be used with the Flow Control software but is not necessary.

Alternatively, if you do not have anymore available USB headers, you can always just hook up a standard USB to USB Micro cable and plug that into a USB port.

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
    zulaz
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA CLC 280m Cooler USB? 2017/12/11 14:05:22 (permalink)
    Ok so I opted to go with the cable. I used my cases pump holes to route a cable from a spare USB port on the back around the case and to the CPU block so the cable is essentially invisible. Having operated the computer for about a week or so through the flow control software is often opening a pop-up window claiming the CPU block is not connected via USB. I think this might be a boot order thing, like the CPU drivers are loading after the flow control software is launching during boot. I can relaunch the software after boot and it loads. It seems like this could use some tweaking on boot order in order to get it too work as intended, seamlessly in the background. Has anyone else come across this, with some tips? running windows 10.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile