EVGA

Motherboard Troubleshooting Guides for Legacy Product???

Author
rdgs2016
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/23 12:49:56 (permalink)
If the following post is found to be off topic, please accept my apology, as there is no legacy subforum for motherboards.

My inquiry is in regards to an issue I am having with my ancient EVGA X58 SLI motherboard, model number 132-BL-E758.  I am experiencing Post Code 10 issues and I need some troubleshooting advice on pinning down the cause of this issue, as i need to get another six months usage out this board before my finances will allow purchasing a replacement.  The motherboard is not inoperative, but it is a pain having to reset the CMOS on a daily basis in order to get it to boot up.  

So far, this is what I've tried, but to no avail:

1)  Resetting power cables.
2)  Swapping CMOS battery and afterwards, leaving out the CMOS battery for 12 hours minimum to discharge all residual power.
3)  Reinstalling the most recent BIOS.
4)  Visually checking, but seeing no obvious bulging capacitors or any other evident component damage.

I have a new BIOs chip enroute to try out, plus I plan to replace the stock Intel CPU cooler, but something tells me there's something else causing this issue that most likely requires taking voltage readings off the board itself.  I doubt I have any component issues with the power supply or video card, as they're both less than a year old (and yes, they're EVGA).

My question is simple - Does EVGA have troubleshooting guides for specific motherboards available to the general public, similar to the old "Sam's Guides" that were available during the CB radio heyday to allow those with a working electronic knowledge to do their own troubleshooting and repair?

If not, are there any suggestions where next to try and resolve this problem, or do i just live with the CMOS reset stopgap until I can afford a replacement?  

Thank you for any help in this matter.

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Motherboard Troubleshooting Guides for Legacy Product??? 2017/11/23 13:05:10 (permalink)
    No, evga doesn't have that.

https://forums.evga.com/POST-code-10-m671260.aspx
    post edited by Sajin - 2017/11/23 13:07:40
    rdgs2016
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Motherboard Troubleshooting Guides for Legacy Product??? 2017/11/24 09:35:34 (permalink)
    Thanks you for your response.  Unfortunately, the post you referenced was the basis for my prior unsuccessful efforts to fix the Post Code 10 issue.  Perhaps the new BIOS chip will fix the problem? 
    post edited by rdgs2016 - 2017/11/24 09:55:48
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Motherboard Troubleshooting Guides for Legacy Product??? 2017/11/24 12:03:22 (permalink)
    The new bios chip may fix the issue. In the thread I posted the op reflashed to a older bios then flashed to the latest bios to fix the issue.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile