Z270 3-pin fan support (DC) and RAM XMP

Author
npspears
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/22 09:08:28 (permalink)
Hello,

Just looking for feedback on the EVGA Z270 series motherboards. I've had some trouble with mine. First is that the XMP profile did not work on the 3 different RAM sets that I tried (Corsair Vengeance, G.Skill Ripjaws, Corsair Vengeance LEDs). I had to supply extra voltage to them in order to get them working at their intended speeds. Has anyone else had this problem?

Second, and the more troubling is that my Z270 Stinger does not support DC fans EVEN THOUGH the manual states otherwise. There is not a setting in the BIOS to change the fans from PWM to DC. I've contacted EVGA support and they are telling me I just have to change the fixed percentage from anywhere between 0 and 100%. This worked fine for my PWM fan, but not the two DC fans I have. After almost two months of chatting with EVGA customer care they said this about the DC fan compatibility: "Unfortunately we no longer support, and do not plan to support DC fans for our motherboards." Thanks Jacob B! Guess I'll be buying Asus motherboards from now on. 

3 Replies Related Threads

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Z270 3-pin fan support (DC) and RAM XMP 2017/11/25 12:57:27 (permalink)
    why not just go with PWM fans? better control of noise

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    npspears
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Z270 3-pin fan support (DC) and RAM XMP 2017/11/25 16:07:20 (permalink)
    quadlatte

I'm using Noctua slim 120mm. When I bought them Noctua didn't have a PWM model on Newegg. Also, I've spent many hours painting them (lots of taping since you can't remove the fan from the base unlike other brands)
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Z270 3-pin fan support (DC) and RAM XMP 2017/11/25 19:11:31 (permalink)
    npspears
    quadlatte

I'm using Noctua slim 120mm. When I bought them Noctua didn't have a PWM model on Newegg. Also, I've spent many hours painting them (lots of taping since you can't remove the fan from the base unlike other brands)

probably have to go with a external fan control then, the new commander pro from corsair does dc control and you can set it in link, other wise its twisty knobs

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile