Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2017/11/15 22:42:54 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/238813/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-goes-free-to-play-for-the-weekend

Will be available to play for free from November 16th to November 19th, 2017

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

7 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/16 18:39:28 (permalink)

Sounds good.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/16 19:17:49 (permalink)
    $303+ dollars worth of paid DLC content. Even if you buy all of that everything isn't available to you.

Stay far away if you're smart. Paid DLC platform.
    fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/17 22:57:00 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    $303+ dollars worth of paid DLC content. Even if you buy all of that everything isn't available to you.

Man that's a lot of cash you got wrapped into one game. 
    Syzich
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 188
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/18 07:06:59 (permalink)
    fearpoint

From what I saw, the additional stuff that requires a purchase is just aesthetic fluff. Unless I missed something, all the Operators and loadout customization options(scopes, under barrel,attachments, etc.) could all be earned with renown, of which I earned quite a bit of just from playing the introductory Situations. I was able to unlock two of the base operators and customize their loadouts. Though, with how much the newer Operators cost, it definitely seems they are incentivizing players to spend real money, especially considering the renown cost of unlocking further Operators in the same organization goes up after each unlock. IIRC, Ubisfot also had a crazy amount of cash shop-y items for For Honor. I haven't actually played that since about two weeks after release because the constant disconnects aggravated me so much. If this sounds like I'm trying to defend Ubisoft, trust me, I'm not. Many, many games do this now. So many items in games now that in previous games used to be unlocks that required a decent time investment in the game, sure, but not really anything ridiculous, for the most part. But anyhoo, I've mostly enjoyed what I played, but definitely won't be spending any real money on Operators and such.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/18 14:19:30 (permalink)
    Syzich
    fearpoint

From what I saw, the additional stuff that requires a purchase is just aesthetic fluff. Unless I missed something, all the Operators and loadout customization options(scopes, under barrel,attachments, etc.) could all be earned with renown, of which I earned quite a bit of just from playing the introductory Situations. I was able to unlock two of the base operators and customize their loadouts. Though, with how much the newer Operators cost, it definitely seems they are incentivizing players to spend real money, especially considering the renown cost of unlocking further Operators in the same organization goes up after each unlock. IIRC, Ubisfot also had a crazy amount of cash shop-y items for For Honor. I haven't actually played that since about two weeks after release because the constant disconnects aggravated me so much. If this sounds like I'm trying to defend Ubisoft, trust me, I'm not. Many, many games do this now. So many items in games now that in previous games used to be unlocks that required a decent time investment in the game, sure, but not really anything ridiculous, for the most part. But anyhoo, I've mostly enjoyed what I played, but definitely won't be spending any real money on Operators and such.

Unless you play the game like a job putting in a serious amount of hours you aint unlocking anything especially operators. This is how games are designed, so although it's possible it's really unobtainable for the majority of players. Ubisoft does this with all their games now even latest Ghost Recon's multiplayer where everything is locked behind leveling. It's bad.
    spyderrico
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 371
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/19 13:00:17 (permalink)
    I played this game for about 30 minutes then uninstalled.

There wasn't anything really "groundbreaking" about it. It reminded me of previous R6 games but I actually enjoyed the previous games.

Not for me.
    Rechanal
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Goes Free to Play for the Weekend 2017/11/19 17:53:44 (permalink)
     Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege free weekend activity would be launched on November 16 between to 19 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.Meanwhile, the half-price promotion of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege would also be launched simultaneously. The promotion will run from November 16 to 27. All players who play the game through free weekend activity can reserve all the progress of game after finish purchasing.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile