EVGA

RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960

Author
pauly1994
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/03 01:15:56 (permalink)
They have just lost my business too. RMA'd my GTX 660 near the end of it's warranty. They sent me a GTX 960 2GB that is slower than my current card, 128 bit bus, not superclocked, and made me pay for the shipping. They told me they were going to send me something else. Well looks like that isn't happening. I'm just glad I found out this is a driver issue causing my GTX 660 to black screen otherwise I'd be out my money. This company sucks. Don't do any business with them. Why should we pay any shipping when it is your piece of garbage card that is under warranty and is broken? I'm doing my research from now on and reading complaints before I make a big investment like this again. I am very disappointed in you EVGA.

(Split thread and edit title Cool GTX)
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:06:05

26 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 03:52:02 (permalink)
    pauly1994
    They have just lost my business too. RMA'd my GTX 660 near the end of it's warranty. They sent me a GTX 960 2GB that is slower than my current card, 128 bit bus, not superclocked, and made me pay for the shipping. They told me they were going to send me something else. Well looks like that isn't happening. I'm just glad I found out this is a driver issue causing my GTX 660 to black screen otherwise I'd be out my money. This company sucks. Don't do any business with them. Why should we pay any shipping when it is your piece of removed card that is under warranty and is broken? I'm doing my research from now on and reading complaints before I make a big investment like this again. I am very disappointed in you EVGA.

A 960 is a major upgrade from a 660. So, not sure what you mean.

Also, vulgar language isn’t allowed. A moderator will edit your post.

(title edit Cool GTX)
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 09:59:44
    PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1202
    • Ribbons : 7
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 04:03:01 (permalink)
    pauly1994
    They have just lost my business too. RMA'd my GTX 660 near the end of it's warranty. They sent me a GTX 960 2GB that is slower than my current card, 128 bit bus, not superclocked, and made me pay for the shipping. They told me they were going to send me something else. Well looks like that isn't happening. I'm just glad I found out this is a driver issue causing my GTX 660 to black screen otherwise I'd be out my money. This company sucks. Don't do any business with them. Why should we pay any shipping when it is your piece of **** card that is under warranty and is broken? I'm doing my research from now on and reading complaints before I make a big investment like this again. I am very disappointed in you EVGA.

1 - From EVGA's warranty information page (in bold):
    https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

Product Warranty Replacement:

• EVGA CORPORATION reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service upon receiving the product.
    • EVGA reserves the right to claim for shipping fees, hold your warranty as well as a service charge from you for any incomplete, damaged or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when you are not entitled to any coverage under EVGA's warranty. Service charges are variable based upon the actual material and labor cost to replace missing or modified parts back to their original factory condition.
    • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.
    • EVGA Warranty begins from the date that the product was originally shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
      • For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
    • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability.
    • All recertified (B-Stock) purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.
    • Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

2 - The 960 is better than the 660 (RMAed my 660ti last year and got 960SSC. It's way better). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQI8GZknfIQ

3 - No swearing. Forum rules.

4 - Next time, learn to read the terms and conditions first, as well search for benchmarks before saying non-sense.

5 - EVGA is an awesome company. Good luck RMAing with other brands.

6 - If you're unhappy with your RMA, contact and talk to them. Maybe they can send another sample, or something like this. But they didn't do anything wrong by their own RMA terms.

(title edit after thread split Cool GTX)
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:05:09

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 04:19:02 (permalink)
    pauly1994
    They have just lost my business too. RMA'd my GTX 660 near the end of it's warranty. They sent me a GTX 960 2GB that is slower than my current card, 128 bit bus, not superclocked, and made me pay for the shipping. They told me they were going to send me something else. Well looks like that isn't happening. I'm just glad I found out this is a driver issue causing my GTX 660 to black screen otherwise I'd be out my money. This company sucks. Don't do any business with them. Why should we pay any shipping when it is your piece of garbage card that is under warranty and is broken? I'm doing my research from now on and reading complaints before I make a big investment like this again. I am very disappointed in you EVGA.

I have edited your post to remove the swearing/cursing. Please do not repeat this behavior. If you feel you have a valid complaint submit a tech complaint. If you feel that is insufficient let one of the mods know and we'll forward your complaint directly to EVGA. 

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:04:28

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

pauly1994
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 04:24:07 (permalink)
    I edited it myself and I apologize for that. I do not apologize for my feelings towards EVGA.  I contacted them 2 or 3 times on this. I'm just tired of it. I just don't feel like opening a new rma and losing more money on shipping charges that would total up to the amount of $60 if I was too send mine in. I also don't want to pay another $209.00 cross ship fee again. Benchmarks mean nothing when I lose 30 fps in a sim community I belong too. Too the point I cannot move. I saw it with my own eyes. I still think I got stiffed. I stand by my comments and have friends that told me the 900 series is seriously bottle-necked. That's why they skipped over it and went to 1000 series.  I have had no problem getting ASUS to pay for my return shipping on my motherboard when I needed help. When you're under warranty that's only fair. This is by far the worst service I've experienced. I come to expect it from corporations anymore. I'm fine since I'm a technician and I figured out the problem is with the Nvidia drivers. Just won't be a repeat customer in the future.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:03:33
    PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1202
    • Ribbons : 7
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 04:28:40 (permalink)
    Undestood Pauly.
    But again man, try giving EVGA C.S. a word about how you feel about it. 
    They might help you out (I don't know, maybe compensate you on the shipping fees at least).
    They are very comprehensive with their customers. Just have patience and give a word to them.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:03:00

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 05:04:16 (permalink)
    pauly1994
    I edited it myself and I apologize for that. I do not apologize for my feelings towards EVGA.  I contacted them 2 or 3 times on this. I'm just tired of it. I just don't feel like opening a new rma and losing more money on shipping charges that would total up to the amount of $60 if I was too send mine in. I also don't want to pay another $209.00 cross ship fee again. Benchmarks mean nothing when I lose 30 fps in a sim community I belong too. Too the point I cannot move. I saw it with my own eyes. I still think I got stiffed. I stand by my comments and have friends that told me the 900 series is seriously bottle-necked. That's why they skipped over it and went to 1000 series.  I have had no problem getting ASUS to pay for my return shipping on my motherboard when I needed help. When you're under warranty that's only fair. This is by far the worst service I've experienced. I come to expect it from corporations anymore. I'm fine since I'm a technician and I figured out the problem is with the Nvidia drivers. Just won't be a repeat customer in the future.

What sim community? There may be something else causing the issue, and nothing to do with the GPU. If you give details, folks here may be able to help you figure this out.

The 900 series didn’t have a bottleneck unless you were using extremely old hardware, the whole maxwell generation was pretty good and exceeded the Kepler generation with no issues. Not sure what your friends are talking about, but t sounds like they are just pulling facts that are not correct. it really depends on your full system, but you’ve only given minimal info. It honestly sounds like you were hoping for a 10 series upgrade because the 660ti was close to the end of its life, which is a great thing to hope for, but not always possible.

EVGA works with people when they have to RMA twice, because they do like helping their customers.

You get every penny back from cross shipping, so you don’t lose the money, it’s just on hold so EVGA doesn’t get scammed. Would you let someone have your graphics card that they are buying or trading without them paying, and just hope they sent you an item you wanted to trade for or sent the cash later? No, because you don’t want to risk them not holding up their end.

Asus sends back original equipment that was broken to start with, and they typically don’t care if you have to RMA multiple times. Very few companies actually pay for return shipping on a RMA, so when they do, it’s just getting lucky. Asus took over a month just to approve my motherboard RMA, made me pay for my return shipping even after pretty much begging for a return label, then sent back the exact same board without even fixing the issue. It took three tries before they finally fixed it, and I had to pay for every return label. It’s good you had a better experience than most, but that is seriously uncommon.

EVGA listens to their customers, so if you contact them and articulate your concerns, they may be able to help you out. If you contact them and say, “it’s not what I wanted, I wanted better” they aren’t going to be able to help. A good argument/reasoning usually goes very well for the customer with EVGA.

I don’t think have I seen a user say a 660ti was a better card than a 960 until today. Hopefully it is a missed setting causing the issue.

Also, really sorry for making this response so long... I just realized how much I typed, lol.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:02:29
    pauly1994
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 07:06:11 (permalink)
    Second Life is the community. The 660 is still better at rendering that virtual world than the crippled 960 2gb 128 bit card I received. I could not even move my avatar with the 960 card. Maybe you are talking about a 960 that has more ram on board and super clocked. I don't know, but that's not what I received. I'm going to forget about this though as I sell things in that community and need a card that is reliable there. The 660 is still a very good performing card for it's age. I did not expect a 1000 series card. I just expected something that had the same 192 bit bus as mine. It is obvious the 128 bit bus cripples the cards. It's slower lanes of traffic impede the flow of data. The drivers fixed things for my 660, so it really doesn't matter anymore. I'll probably just stay on the current drivers since they are working well and when the time comes I'll buy my upgrade. I made the mistake thinking it was hardware when it's driver issues. Still doesn't do anything for my experience with EVGA since I didn't know this beforehand. It took a new driver release to find out during my cross ship time.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:02:00
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 07:19:18 (permalink)
    The superclocked feature is just a factory over lock, and it legitimately means nothing in real world performance since the nvidia bios has gpu boost 2.0 that overclocks the cards, at stock, past the SC numbers. It is extremely rare that a stock card doesn’t outperform the SC.

You may have been experiencing driver issues in the past, with the 960.

I believe that the bus width you are referencing may be a placebo effect honestly. You would need to properly test the cards to show that the minor change in bus width caused massive performance loss, rather than some other configuration issue that was missed. I know the 900 series required a bios update for older hardware to work because it was UEFI versus legacy, sonyour system may have needed a bios update coming from older hardware to new hardware. Without knowing your full configuration, to include bios and driver versions for the motherboard itself, there is no way to help with that though.

Either way, since drivers seemed to be the issue in the past, it sounds like we (this forum community) would be able to help a lot more than just trying to guess.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:01:06
    pauly1994
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 07:49:36 (permalink)
    That's a good point but too pay for cross shipping again would be financially impossible for me right now. The card is out of warranty now so I'll just be dealing with whatever problems their is. I'll just watch the forums for driver related issues with my 660 and avoid problematic driver updates in the future. Oh and about the differences with the bus speeds. The 128 bit is 15.7 bytes per second 192 is 24.7 bytes per second.  That's a large amount when you're talking processing per second. That is almost double the bandwidth on a 660.  Write speeds are faster than read speeds in every aspect so with that logic your return data from the card to the processor will be slower. Especially on a slower bus lane. This is causing the 960 to choke when it faces a lot of textures loading. I can't use a card like that. This is my reasoning for returning it to them.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/11/03 10:00:29
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 09:58:57 (permalink)
    I split the thread as this is Not the OP of original thread, but a totally different "issue"/ question

EVGA Forums Terms of Use

Posting Guidelines

(excerpt)

Moreover, do not hijack a member's thread by creating an off-topic post by asking for help with your own issue in another's thread, even if you have a similar issue.  Create your own thread and topic for your issue, and you will receive help from the EVGA Community.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 10:19:34 (permalink)
    GTX960 is far better card than GTX660.
    That's one generation newer model and difference similar but bigger than GTX980 > GTX1080.
    GTX660 is Kepler and GTX960 is mid range card from Maxwell architecture. 
    Between them is GTX760 Kepler as well. GTX960 is far better than GTX760.

I don't know for situation where GTX660 could be better than GTX960.

It's pretty old GPU, but GTX960 is previous generation.
    I advice you to nicely compare performance of both in games.
    Because you will not find direct comparison mostly because GTX960 is two model in front GTX660 you can compare first GTX660 vs GTX760 and than GTX760 vs GTX960. At the end you can get 10-15% more performance if you increase GPU clock with Afterburner or Precision X.
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2017/11/03 10:23:35

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 11:14:48 (permalink)
    660 better than 960? Something must be wrong with your system.
    Snuwfer
    • Total Posts : 99
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 15:08:13 (permalink)

R5 1600 @ 4.1GHz 1.36vc, GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, ASRock x370 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPx
    demon09
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 21:15:15 (permalink)
    Sounds like either he had driver issues with his game. Maybe possibly using the 660 drivers on a 960? But idk where he's getting about memory bus bit length. The 660 does have a bandwidth of 144 gb/s where the 960 has a bandwidth of 112. but games don't only run on your memory bandwidth but I gusse if he wants a big memory bandwidth he was probably hoping for the 760's 192gb/s bandwidth. Maybe his Sims game is odd and really cares about memory bandwidth but I just can't see 30fps less on. 960 vs a 660
    dwoodward
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6258
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/03 21:33:51 (permalink)
    Sajin
    660 better than 960? Something must be wrong with your system.

He plays 2nd Life... it's like the most virus ridden game in existence.... So to say something is wrong with his system would be a major understatement. 

Register your Products! Click Here!
    Did I help you find the product you were looking for?
    Register your Product and remember to enter my EVGA Affiliate Code: JXE2Y5PH4K
    Thanks! And enjoy your new EVGA Graphics Card / Motherboard!
    Associate Code: 9KWI53WAR7PX3KS

Core i9-9900k | ROG Maximus XI Hero | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | 970 Evo NVMe | GTX 1070 Ti SC Black
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18917
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/04 08:54:07 (permalink)

This OP post.. wow, just wow, smh.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Athena
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 328
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/07 12:47:13 (permalink)
    https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1778?vs=1744
    Seems even with the 128 bit memory bus in most games the 960 is still faster.
    That said when I upgraded from my 660 I jumped right to the 970 as I did not like the idea of the 128 bit bus on the 960 and was worried about it.
    demon09
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/07 13:04:28 (permalink)
    He could always just sell the 960 on eBay and probably buy two 660's
    biscuit1
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1470
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/07 14:09:16 (permalink)
    I received 2 960 SSC 2gb when they replaced my 470s under RMA (gonna keep these forever...lol) . On DX 9 games the 470s did perform better than the 960s . That's on my triple-wide surround setup that has an 17 920 & 12gb of ddr3 . The old setup was 3 470s , Q9550 o/c to 3.6 and 8gb of ddr2 when on the multi setup . Even my 980tis don't perform as well on DX 9 titles . They weren't designed for them , DX11 & 12 ( yea , right ) was their target window . 

WHAT THE WIFE DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT YOU!
    Main rig - i7 7820X  , Corsair H110 cpu cooler , 32 gb Team G memory , Evga X299 Micro ATX 2  mobo , Corsair 850 psu , 2 evga 1080ti in SLI , Win 10 Pro 64 bit ,  43" TCL HDR 4K TV as monitor, Coolermaster HAF 32 case.
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 17:02:56 (permalink)
    Honestly, i'm kind of surprised this has not gotten EVGA's attention. Usually I see these threads get handled by EVGA Support. This is a issue that will baffle many, because it is a rare problem to have. I've seen situations where someone got a giant upgrade, but they were not happy because it was a downgrade on crunching data for crypto currency. On multiple occasions EVGA sourced a older video card to accommodate this problem. While I think this is a ridiculous accommodation, EVGA has always bent over backwards in attempts to keep their customers. Interesting change...

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 17:10:20 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    Honestly, i'm kind of surprised this has not gotten EVGA's attention. Usually I see these threads get handled by EVGA Support. This is a issue that will baffle many, because it is a rare problem to have. I've seen situations where someone got a giant upgrade, but they were not happy because it was a downgrade on crunching data for crypto currency. On multiple occasions EVGA sourced a older video card to accommodate this problem. While I think this is a ridiculous accommodation, EVGA has always bent over backwards in attempts to keep their customers. Interesting change...

From the first post "I'm just glad I found out this is a driver issue causing my GTX 660 to black screen otherwise I'd be out my money." and later "I'm fine since I'm a technician and I figured out the problem is with the Nvidia drivers."

Sounds like they let him keep the 660. But he's a technician so he's fine. LOL.

That's if the post is even real, sound like made up trolling to me.
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 17:31:33 (permalink)
    You would be surprised. We don't even know what motherboard, processor, PSU (age), monitor resolution or even the specific game the OP is talking about. Too many variables that were never addressed. I have also seen where the RMA upgrade was too big of a performance leap for the platform they were on. The video card performance was hindered, creating the illusion that it was a inferior card to the one it replaced...

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

biscuit1
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1470
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 18:48:20 (permalink)
    Now I wouldn't complain if they replaced my 980ti Classified with a 1080ti....just saying...

WHAT THE WIFE DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT YOU!
    Main rig - i7 7820X  , Corsair H110 cpu cooler , 32 gb Team G memory , Evga X299 Micro ATX 2  mobo , Corsair 850 psu , 2 evga 1080ti in SLI , Win 10 Pro 64 bit ,  43" TCL HDR 4K TV as monitor, Coolermaster HAF 32 case.
    somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 19:03:39 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    or even the specific game the OP is talking about. 

We do, OP is talking about Second Life, an OpenGL game written in 2003. Client was open sourced in 2007 and there are a number of alternative clients he could be using: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

So true, we don't have enough details, but even with all the details it is a giant mess of old code running user generated content and little/no testing. It's probably just a driver issue but no way in hell I'd bother to help the OP debug with his attitude.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/08 22:24:21 (permalink)
    somethingc00l
    RainStryke
    or even the specific game the OP is talking about. 

We do, OP is talking about Second Life, an OpenGL game written in 2003. Client was open sourced in 2007 and there are a number of alternative clients he could be using: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

So true, we don't have enough details, but even with all the details it is a giant mess of old code running user generated content and little/no testing. It's probably just a driver issue but no way in hell I'd bother to help the OP debug with his attitude.

People get frustrated and I like to try to help since often times the attitude changes when they realize you are really trying to help them. I kind of had to wonder about this one since the game it's a game released back when GTA Vice City was the game everyone was talking about. I am not trying to say it hasn't improved over the years but I probably could run it just fine on built in graphics in my CPU.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA GTX660 EVGA sent a GTX 960 2017/11/12 21:01:55 (permalink)

Moved to the Warranty section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile