EVGA

Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc

Author
regienoble
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/10/20 12:30:22 (permalink)
i got a pc from cyberpowerpc after little over a year my 1080 breaks for no reason. I have come to find out i don't get the 3 year evga manufacture warranty because i purchased from cyberpowerpc. Terrible business model on both sides. Now im in the market for a gtx 1080ti not a chance i ever buy evga again. Two years down the line when im in the market for a 2500$ to 3000$ pc not a chance i buy from cyberpower. Two companies that could have had brand loyalty and repeat costumer lose out because of terrible warranty practices.

8 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/20 13:26:21 (permalink)
    I am sorry to see your complaint.  I do suggest in the future that you carefully read all warranty information from any brand you buy from.  CyberpowerPC has it clearly labeled in the very first sentence of their warranty information:

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/company/warranty.aspx
    Warranty Coverage - Company warrants to the original purchaser that the Product(s) shall be free of any defect in material or workmanship for a period of three years for labor and one year for parts from the date of the original invoice from Company.

All system builders have set guide lines, and you must read their warranty information, as it will be very important.  EVGA does not control this, nor will ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, KFA2, Galax, AMD, Colorful, or any other manufacturer.  You will get the same results in the future, if you purchase a pre-built system, so make sure you review the warranty information very closely in the future, before you make a purchase.

More examples below:

IBuyPower: https://www.ibuypower.com/Support/Warranty
    The "Three Year Standard Warranty" covers three years labor and one year parts. The "Four Year Extended Warranty" covers four years labor and two years parts. The "Five Year Extended Warranty" covers five year labor and three years parts.

Digital Storm: http://www.digitalstorm.com/warranty.asp 
    The "Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty" covers labor costs for 3 years and direct defective part replacement service directly from Digital Storm's inventory for 1 year. After the first year, Digital Storm will help replace any defective parts for the customer as long as those parts are still under warranty with the manufacture. 

OriginPC: https://www.originpc.com/...erms-n-conditions.aspx
    ORIGIN PC products also come with the option for either a one (1) year, two (2) year or three (3) year Parts and Free Shipping warranty, except that: (a) all batteries on mobile systems are warranted for one (1) year; and (b) painted cases and artwork are warranted for six (6) months. Please review your invoice to determine which warranty you purchased.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/gaming-desktops/3944_3951_132982_1231068_1097445 <- Yes, I tagged WALMART as well. Review every page, they all have 1 year warranties.  You can purchase extended care plans of course.
    Warranty Information: For all "gaming computers": 1-Year limited Hardware warranty
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2017/10/20 13:44:06
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/20 13:44:19 (permalink)
    regienoble
    i got a pc from cyberpowerpc after little over a year my 1080 breaks for no reason. I have come to find out i don't get the 3 year evga manufacture warranty because i purchased from cyberpowerpc. Terrible business model on both sides. Now im in the market for a gtx 1080ti not a chance i ever buy evga again. Two years down the line when im in the market for a 2500$ to 3000$ pc not a chance i buy from cyberpower. Two companies that could have had brand loyalty and repeat costumer lose out because of terrible warranty practices.

If your PC had a graphics card from any other company the warranty would still be a year. As Scarlet indicated you have to read and understand the warranty before you buy. That logic is the same if you buy a PC, refrigerator, oven, etc.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/20 15:43:39 (permalink)
    Did you purchase the PC with a credit card? Might be worth checking if your CC company offers automatic extended warranty, many do.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/20 17:26:39 (permalink)
    somethingc00l
    Did you purchase the PC with a credit card? Might be worth checking if your CC company offers automatic extended warranty, many do.

very good point!
    regienoble
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/21 08:28:47 (permalink)

Warranty Coverage - Company warrants to the original purchaser that the Product(s) shall be free of any defect in material or workmanship for a period of three years for labor and one year for parts from the date of the original invoice from Company.

Well I am clearly dumb cause even reading that i don't get what that means exactly.
    somethingc00l

Thanks for the info I did use a Discover Card I contacted them they are going to email me a claim ticket in a few business days. Now I don't have the claim but i would think I would need to prove it cant be fixed and how much I paid for it not 100% sure how I do that i will call cyberpowerpc when they open. Fingers crossed that this works. If it does I guess i owe somethingc00l sexual favors or a steak dinner
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/21 08:42:04 (permalink)
    regienoble

Well I am clearly dumb cause even reading that i don't get what that means exactly.
    somethingc00l

Thanks for the info I did use a Discover Card I contacted them they are going to email me a claim ticket in a few business days. Now I don't have the claim but i would think I would need to prove it cant be fixed and how much I paid for it not 100% sure how I do that i will call cyberpowerpc when they open. Fingers crossed that this works. If it does I guess i owe somethingc00l sexual favors or a steak dinner

You may want to stick to the steak dinner... look at his avatar... he is clearly a pig...

Also, the warranty is confusing. It would be best to interrogate them as to exactly what it means, because it comes back to being really important. If you have renters or home owners insurance, you can also add your computer onto it as a valuable item. I insure my computers, zero deductible, 100% coverage of brand new cost at time of purchase and the price never goes down with the market.

I have my fingers crossed for you and hope this all works out. I would personally avoid CyberPower because of this and the slightly vague wording they utilize.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/21 10:13:07 (permalink)
    This is why so many of us tell people to build the system yourself. So many resources on the net to help people build a system.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Very disapointed in evga and cyberpowerpc 2017/10/21 10:30:58 (permalink)
    MSim
    This is why so many of us tell people to build the system yourself. So many resources on the net to help people build a system.

If you ever build a system yourself you have control of your PC. I realize of course not everyone has the skills to build their own PC but on the EVGA forum you'll find plenty of help should you wish to pursue such an action.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile