LockedActive shooter situation in Las Vegas

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/03 06:16:01 (permalink)
Snuwfer
Hey man, don't poke the bear now, lol.
In all fairness, it is in the forums rules, and he is a forum moderator asking people nicely to not make a political thread, lets be better and leave it at that :)

You clearly don't know me.

Were not being political. We didn't go off on a political rant. Just commented about how once again select media outlets are acting.

I wonder if he owned Class 3 weapons, had bump stocks on the rifles or illegally modified them.

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/03 06:41:02 (permalink)
rjohnson11
wmmills
MSim
Like clock work, it hasn't been 48 hrs, we already see select media outlets calling for stronger gun laws. That wouldn't do anything to prevent evil people from hurting/killing other people. In Nice (France), 86 people were killed when a person drove a large box truck into a crowd of people.

I will just say this......that this situation was uncannily timely. On the first, ARS ran this article, and so did many other media outlets, https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/3d-print-a-serial-free-handgun-at-home-with-the-latest-ghost-gunner-update/   Then I have to ask why a 64, 68?, year old man whos probably getting SS and retired, able to live a nice life, would go up to the 30th floor, over 300 feet in the air, of a hotel to randomly spray bullets and try to hit people with all the obstacles in the way with no way to escape. During a Harvest Fest concert no less?!?! I guess these country and western types are crazy violent people, lol. Im sure it will come out that this was a death wish and that he wasn't even a legal firearm owner, but that's not going to matter to the zealots who don't understand the deeper underlying damage a 2nd amendment nullification would do.

Mentioning the 2nd amendment is getting close to making this a political thread. Please let's keep politics out of this thread or we may have to start editing and/or deleting posts. 

Np RJ. I def don't want to stir the forum up or upset anyone here. I look at you all as my extended family so if I did upset anyone or rub them the wrong way I sincerely apologize. I usually will not comment on topics like this because they do sink into politics so fast and many times they are just too hard to discuss without breaking the TOS, but the timing of this incident made me suspicious because ive seen this type of scenario play out a few times now. Do not believe me though, research it yourself and see. Sometimes, you have to step back from the incident and look at the bigger picture.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/03 07:02:18 (permalink)
My issue isn't about it going political, it's about people assigning blame. No one has any clue about anything right now, but there has been some crazy #fakenews on both sides of the fence in the last 24 hours.
Athena
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 328
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/03 08:09:32 (permalink)
I came back to delete my ill advised rant I posted and to apologize.
I posted while emotionally cranked up over the shooting, I have friends that live there, and I should have known better than to post at all in that state.  I am glad I came back to find my post already removed.  Thank you to the staff for that.
My heart and prayers go out to all the people effected by this horrible event.
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/04 12:13:44 (permalink)
Short and straight to the point facts about simulated auto fire devices and why they exist.

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2017/10/04/five-facts-on-bump-stock/

It's crazy how uninformed many American are regarding their legit constitutional civil rights yet get so worked up about fake made up civil rights such as being removed from airplanes when they are violating the law and acting like an obnoxious jerk.

inspiredtolive
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/04 14:16:26 (permalink)
Can't believe that so many people were affected. Makes me even more scared to go outside.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/04 16:00:43 (permalink)
It's being reported that this shooter was taking psychiatric drugs, just like most of the other shooters.

inspiredtolive
Can't believe that so many people were affected. Makes me even more scared to go outside.

You shouldn't be more scared to go outside over this.  You have a high chance of being killed in a vehicle accident than you do in a shooting like this.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/04 17:49:06 (permalink)

He was taking anti-anxiety meds.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/05 00:57:20 (permalink)
XrayMan

He was taking anti-anxiety meds.

Did you read any of the side effects of diazepam?

SIDE EFFECTS OF DIAZEPAM (VALIUM) 
For most patients, these are the typical side effects:
  • drowsiness
  • tired feeling
  • dizziness
  • spinning sensation
  • fatigue
  • constipation
  • loss of balance
  • memory problems
  • restlessness
  • irritability 

• muscle weakness
  • nausea
  • drooling
  • dry mouth
  • slurred speech
  • blurred vision
  • double vision
  • skin rash
  • itching
  • lost interest in sex 

However, the pamphlet that accompanies the medication tells patients to call their doctor if they experience the following symptoms:
  • thoughts about suicide or dying
  • new or worse anxiety
  • trouble sleeping (insomnia)
  • acting on dangerous impulses
  • attempts to commit suicide
  • feeling agitated or restless
  • new or worse irritability
  • an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
  • new or worse depression
  • panic attacks
  • acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
  • other unusual changes in behavior or mood  

•  
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/05 01:26:33 (permalink)
    MSim
    It's being reported that this shooter was taking psychiatric drugs, just like most of the other shooters.

inspiredtolive

You shouldn't be more scared to go outside over this.  You have a high chance of being killed in a vehicle accident than you do in a shooting like this.

That makes me feel better... oh wait vehicle accidents happen more often outside.

I was at Thurston High School the day of the shooting and learned the key the attack is a rampage quick attack. That means probably most victims would have been shot as they tried to make it to the exit. People who hid out of view or escaped other then a main exit would be far less likely to be a focus of the shooter. At Thurston the media tried to blame the high injury count on violent video games but the truth was you fire at a doorway that 300 kids are trying to run through you are going to hit a large number. Really odd but to this day it still bugs me the media talking about DOOM and Mortal Kombat before they even knew the shooters name or the number of victims guess it's part of being a gamer and feeling you just went through hell and now what you do to relax and unwind is being attacked.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/05 04:05:08 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    MSim

inspiredtolive

That makes me feel better... oh wait vehicle accidents happen more often outside.

I was at Thurston High School the day of the shooting and learned the key the attack is a rampage quick attack. That means probably most victims would have been shot as they tried to make it to the exit. People who hid out of view or escaped other then a main exit would be far less likely to be a focus of the shooter. At Thurston the media tried to blame the high injury count on violent video games but the truth was you fire at a doorway that 300 kids are trying to run through you are going to hit a large number. Really odd but to this day it still bugs me the media talking about DOOM and Mortal Kombat before they even knew the shooters name or the number of victims guess it's part of being a gamer and feeling you just went through hell and now what you do to relax and unwind is being attacked.

I screwed that all up i know.

inspiredtolive
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/05 09:07:52 (permalink)
    Sadly, I also had a shooting at my high school and I was only about 200 ft away.
    Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/06 12:47:07 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    Short and straight to the point facts about simulated auto fire devices and why they exist.

It's crazy how uninformed many American are regarding their legit constitutional civil rights yet get so worked up about fake made up civil rights such as being removed from airplanes when they are violating the law and acting like an obnoxious jerk.

That article is utter garbage.

#3, the shooter didn't have to care about accuracy when he's firing into a crowd of thousands that could not easily disburse.
    #5 Really, the proposed ban is about going after poor gun owners who can't own a machine gun? what a joke.

I own guns but that article is stupid and breitbart is a garbage news outlet to begin with. At some point there needs to be a conversation about whether or not purchasing a ton of guns in such a short period of time should raise some red flags or not.  Yes I get that collectors and avid gun enthusiasts may have a fairly large collection but he purchased what they're saying 33 guns in over a year?

If it were up to me I'd make it so you had to take an IQ exam and have a mental health evaluation before you were able to purchase a gun.  Too many idiots own guns these days and have zero training or responsibility.
    post edited by Stephenk291 - 2017/10/06 12:49:32

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/07 20:55:24 (permalink)

IMOO,  Most Americans have been too passive, and allow such behaviors to go unchecked as children, once young adults, this antisocial personality disorder to be nurtured vs being corrected. And theres nothing wrong with seeing a therapist and shrink and,  being on the right meds, with a healthy constructive support system called a family.

BTW, Antisocial Personality Disorder use to be called a "Sociopath".  We all have our own demons and BS, how about we put on our big boy pants, and grow some balls, and quit being little crybabies...

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/07 21:49:22 (permalink)
    A lot of truth to that Knight. The shooting is disgusting imo. It's surely a different time we live in. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102311
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/08 07:29:43 (permalink)
    EVGA Management has asked that we delete the last 3 posts which is now done. I will ask again that we keep this thread within the subject of the OP.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/08 08:23:37 (permalink)
    Stephenk291
    fearpoint

That article is utter garbage.

#3, the shooter didn't have to care about accuracy when he's firing into a crowd of thousands that could not easily disburse.
    #5 Really, the proposed ban is about going after poor gun owners who can't own a machine gun? what a joke.

I own guns but that article is stupid and breitbart is a garbage news outlet to begin with. At some point there needs to be a conversation about whether or not purchasing a ton of guns in such a short period of time should raise some red flags or not.  Yes I get that collectors and avid gun enthusiasts may have a fairly large collection but he purchased what they're saying 33 guns in over a year?

If it were up to me I'd make it so you had to take an IQ exam and have a mental health evaluation before you were able to purchase a gun.  Too many idiots own guns these days and have zero training or responsibility.

Good thing your opinion doesn't matter then. My civil rights aren't up for debate on your requirements.

You can always move to a country governed by people that think like you. There are plenty of them out there instead of trying to subvert civil rights and calling the US Constitution garbage.

Breitbart is one of the most popular new domains in the world and is very much in tune with average Americans: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/17/breitbart-ranked-1-in-the-world-for-political-social-media-beats-huffpo-by-2-million/

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/08 09:10:40 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    Breitbart is one of the most popular new domains in the world and is very much in tune with average Americans: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/17/breitbart-ranked-1-in-the-world-for-political-social-media-beats-huffpo-by-2-million/

That is a pretty bad point of view, since an engagement can simply be people fighting about the article from said website. That doesn’t make the website more popular, in touch, or more respected. Brett Bart is very clearly on only one side of the game, and just because you follow them doesn’t make them right, it just means they fulfill the same agenda you want to fulfill. Obviously no one wants to hear anyone else’s side of the story.

Don’t forget, Breitbart had all sorts only inside information about the shooter that has since disappeared because it was fake.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Active shooter situation in Las Vegas 2017/10/08 10:00:42 (permalink)

This thread has run it's course, and will now be locked. Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread. Let's all keep the victims in our hearts, and minds.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile