EVGA

Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
2017/08/30 19:15:41 (permalink)
Looking for Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film

Just got a car and was wondering if PPF was worth the investment - mostly the front / nose of car - painted bumper - hood

Pros & Cons

Best Brand

Your firsthand experience

Looking to learn from other members on this subject

Thanks

Attached Image(s)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

5 Replies Related Threads

howdyho1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 236
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film 2017/08/31 06:09:16 (permalink)
    Nice ride!

I made the investment for the full hood and fenders up to the front wheels.  It also came with film inside the door handle (fingernails) and along the outer vertical edges of the door.  I'm pleased so far.  I got it through the Lexus dealer and don't remember the brand.  One thing i liked was if the film became nicked or scratched, heating it up with a hair dryer (or presumably the sun) would flow the plastic smooth again.  I'm nowhere near my paperwork, but i think i paid about $1200 for this.

I've only had the car since Jan of this year and it's done the job well.  My father has had it on cars for about 4+ years now and the front end of the cars looks new.  I don't know if it's how i drive, where i drive, or ??? -- but i've always had crummy looking paint on the front end of my cars after a year of driving with quite a few rock chips.

Based on my father's experience and my limited experience, i would do this again in a heartbeat.

i9-7900X | Asus ROG STRIX X299E | Custom loop | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N with Optimus block | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 | 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME | 2x 4TB WD Black | DG-87 case | 3x LG 27" 4k |  HyperX Alloy Elite 2 kbd | HyperX Pulsefire Haste mse | HyperX Pulsefire RGB mat

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/96922/to

way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film 2017/08/31 07:57:15 (permalink)
    3m Vanguard.  Front clip, mirrors, under door handles.  

cost: $820.  Had 2.5 years.  

Do I regret?  No, still one of the best mods I have done to date. 

Heres a few pics I just took. Let me know i you have any questions.  

Nice Poodle howdyho1, is that an apricot?  I have a white standard female :D

full pic post :  http://imgur.com/a/SK89X

howdyho1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 236
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film 2017/08/31 08:20:13 (permalink)
    way2faded
    Heres a few pics I just took. Let me know i you have any questions.  

Nice Poodle howdyho1, is that an apricot?  I have a white standard female :D

Another really nice ride!  One thing i forgot to mention as a pro -- it really is nearly invisible.  I see the edges around the door handle cupped area and vertical edge of the door, but it's not anything really annoying.  When you step back a little ways - you don't see it.

@way2faded  - Thx! We were thinking she'd be a little darker apricot, but she's just fine as-is.  :)

i9-7900X | Asus ROG STRIX X299E | Custom loop | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N with Optimus block | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 | 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME | 2x 4TB WD Black | DG-87 case | 3x LG 27" 4k |  HyperX Alloy Elite 2 kbd | HyperX Pulsefire Haste mse | HyperX Pulsefire RGB mat

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/96922/to

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film 2017/08/31 08:34:03 (permalink)
    Thanks for the kind words on the Avalon

- best value highway cruiser I could find - (and its rated 30 mpg on regular gas)

Some of my trips are in the 10 hr /500 mile each way range on the interstate --> this car is quiet and comfortable

Appreciate your taking the time to share your PPF experience

The dealer had offered the service - figured they would just send it out and mark-it-up - not clear what brand of film would be used through dealer

Found one 3M certified installer in my area

Wanted to get some feedback before taking the time to get a quote

Kept the last commuter car 7 years, plan on getting 10 years out of this one - figure PPF may be a nice way to keep it looking good

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Asking for Car Advice on PPF - Paint Protection Film - Clear Bra Paint Protection Film 2017/09/22 09:11:40 (permalink)
    $1,500 to do the nose of the car - Ouch, much more than I expected - about double

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile